Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Defensive Blade wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old-Man-Southpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Defensive Blade wanted
    Posted: 01/01/2012 at 11:24am
Used is fine if in good condition.  Not worried about stains, but don't want any damage that might affect its ability to play well.

PM me what you have, condition, pics if possible and how much it will cost shipped to the US

Not interested in spending over $50 total
--- Push/Chop or Attack ---

Blade: TT Piet Off/All Custom 5 ply

FH: Rakza 7

BH: DTec.S Long pips

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48168
Sponsored Links

melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2012 at 12:23pm
Donic Cayman - $42 including shipping to you. Brand new !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2012 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by melarimsa melarimsa wrote:

Donic Cayman - $42 including shipping to you. Brand new !

Sorry, I'm looking for more of a defensive blade.   

I was recommended to try a Butterfly Defence II and to get some rubber better at chopping for my forehand, and learn to use it by 2 different mentor friends, so that would be my first preference.

I primarily serve, chop, push, drive and smash.  I don't loop well at all.  I sort of block by accident, LOL.  Played my first tournament, won 3, lost 0, and got a rating of 1663

Other blades with similar capability will certainly be considered

Edited by Old-Man-Southpaw - 01/01/2012 at 12:52pm

yamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2012 at 11:06pm
PM'd
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2012 at 11:10pm
will you be interested in a "Like New"/ Used for 15 mins Def II ST blade for $60 shipped?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2012 at 3:44pm
The last Defence II's sold were in the $20's and $30's, not  knowing how good they were, but $60 is a lot for a used blade.  I can get one never used with rubber (that I don't use, but could remove and sell) for $70.

The other blades offered I need to discuss with my mentors to see if there is any consensus like there was with the Defence II.

Still looking, budget $50 shipped for a Defence II blade without functional problems, or maybe another high quality similar blade that is happy chopping, pushing and smashing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2012 at 2:25pm
Ended up ordering a Nittaku Monophonic

melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2012 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Old-Man-Southpaw Old-Man-Southpaw wrote:

Ended up ordering a Nittaku Monophonic
Great BLADE !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2012 at 6:29pm
I tried one last night.  I found out that someone I knew plays with one, and although his was setup too weird for me to try, he knew someone else that had one for defense against pips training for that person's coach to use.  Anyway, he was nioce enough to let me try it.  He had pips on one side with sponge and inverted on the other.  It was heavy and like swinging a shovel at the ball, LOL, but it was very smooth.  My setup will be considerably lighter because I have 0x rubber on BH and a light inverted (Nittaku Narucross) with thin sponge on FH..  Given that, if its still heavy I'll consider lightening it, if need be.  Another nice thing was that the head is a similar size to the blade I played with when I was a kid.  That extra 1/2 or 5/8" on the side and 3/16" on the length will every once in a while enable me to stretch to a ball I'd otherwise have missed, and get my shots a bit more surface to cause spin, I'm thinking.  Anyway, even heavy, it had a good feel when I chopped.  I've been practicing BH chopping for the past month or two, and started practicing FH chopping a week ago.  That was when I found out that my FH rubber was lousy for chopping.  It wasn't that it couldn't do it, but it took a perfect chop to get it even reasonably low flying,  and that in turn woke me up to the fact that my FH chop was the weapon missing from my game.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic