Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Adidas C-Series Blades Reviews (C100, C300 & C500)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas C-Series Blades Reviews (C100, C300 & C500)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas C-Series Blades Reviews (C100, C300 & C500)
    Posted: 01/10/2012 at 9:38am
The Adidas C-series blades are the 2nd generation of blades that Adidas has produced. 2 blades are all wood 5 ply blades - C100 & C300 and the other one is the C500 which is a carbon blade. All the 3 blades are very light. Here are some pics and reviews. The blades are very nice and have very comfy handles.

C100

Weight: 85 grams; average weight 83-86 grams
Size: 152x157mm blade head
Thickness: 6mm
Plies: 5 (koto-ayous-ayous-ayous-koto)

The C100 was designed for players who are very spin-oriented and are more conscious on control rather than speed. I opted to use the Adidas Syntec regular and alternate it with a Dawei 388A Sprungfeder rubber and also a Double fish 1615 rubbers. this is a control set up and an all around set up. I would rate the speed of this blade in between Off- to Off. A faster Offensive classic with a Koto toplayer or an Avalox p500 that is faster and has a more solid feel. Looping was great especially with a chinese rubber since I have a chinese stroke. Looping sidespin and taking the ball late produces a very nice arc on both strokes. The blade has flex but has minimal vibration. The blade is balanced and has a medium sweet spot area. The blade head is wider than the current fibertec series blade or the challenge series blade by a few mm. I opted to use the Double Fish 1615 since I was corect on my assumption that this will be a good blade for long pips especially for pip hitters and attackers. I tried chopping with it but its too fast for chopping. Blocking with the LP wasnt very hard and hitting knuckle balls were easy. 
I would recommend medium-soft and medium  to hard rubbers for this blade since its a bit flexy and the top layer koto isnt stiff. The following rubbers are greatly recommended:
1. Adidas Syntec Fast
2. Adidas Tenzone
3. Adidas P5 and P7

C300
Size: 152 x 157mm blade head
Weight: 85 grams
Thickness: 7mm
Plies: 5 (Limba-ayous-kiri-ayous-limba)
Rubbers used: Adidas P7, Dawei 388 Speed, Adidas Syntec Fast

The C300 is the thickest blade among any other C-series blades. The 7mm thickness provides substantial amount of power that it feels like a 7 ply blade when playing with it. I have to admit im biased with the C300 since Im an all wood blade lover. The limba and ayous plies provide good feel and control for the blade and kiri center ply provides good speed. This is for players who do not want to lose control in shifting to a this blade but having enough power and speed for their offensive shots. This is an offensive blade, a true OFF blade. It has a medium sweetspot but good enough for attacks. When I was looping with this blade it felt like I was using a clipper wood in a 5 ply blade which is lighter. Chinese rubbers are very much appreciated using this set up. Its liek this blade is built for close to the table attacks with control over the short game. I love doing drop shots, flicks and short pushes with the C300 because it was designed for players who wants to play in and out of the table while maintaining their touch and control over delicate strokes. Blocking and countering is very good with this rubber. I also suspect that this will be a good short pip blade but I havent had the chance to test it yet.

Recommended rubbers:
1. Adidas Tenzone regular
2. Adidas Tenzone SF
3. Adidas Syntec Fast

C500

Weight: 85 grams; average weight 80-85 grams
Size: 152x157mm blade head
Thickness: 5mm
Plies: 7 ( Limba, Ayous, Carbon, Kiri, Carbon, Ayous, Limba)

The thinnest and the lightest blade among the C-series blade is the C-500 but this is also the fastest among the 3 with a speed range between OFF to OFF+. This stiff blade produces a high pitch ping upon flicking of your fingers against the blade. It has a big sweetspot and has a balanced feel and weight. Looping and counter hitting with this blade using the R4 and R6 was fun since the set up is very loud due to the rubbers and the blade itself. The blade has a more woody feel maybe because of the construction of the blade wherein the carbon layer instead of being placed immediately after the top layer, it was placed as the 3rd layer right after the limba and ayous layers respectively. Control is good. Its as fast as those soft carbon yasaka blades but very controllable. It has some feel and doesn't feel to stiff. i would recommend soft and medium rubbers for this blade. Hard rubbers are ok if you are using chinese rubbers or the harder euro rubbers if you have the skill. Definitely not a beginner's blade. i highly recommend the following rubbers to be paired with this blade:
1. Adidas Tenzone SF
2. Adidas P7
3. Syntec regular and fast

Note: Its better to seal these blades before using. i used a regular nailpolish with no color.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2012 at 8:08am
updated with reviews on the c100 and c500 blades, c300 reviews will be posted soon enough
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2012 at 9:02am
Whoa. Clear acrylic nailpolish? That's very, very hard stuff. 
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2012 at 6:18pm
not acrylic, dunno what its made but the coating wasnt really thin and the blade had no notable change

vvu.tee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvu.tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2012 at 6:37pm
on the c500 picture there is another adidas blade with red-stipes on the handle. haven't seen this model? what/which is it?
(1) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - BTY T05
(2) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - DHS H3 Neo Provincial
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2012 at 10:28am
vvu.tee, its the adidas challenge speed blade, i have a review of that blade in the equipments section

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2012 at 8:00pm
review updated for C300

wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2012 at 8:58pm
i wonder which is better calix or c500

nice review yogi
Nexy Calix
Fh: T05 2.1
Bh: Pilot Advance 2.0
vvu.tee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvu.tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2012 at 4:53am
thanks, don't remember if I have seen the A. challenge speed, but I'll check the review

c500 looks a lot like TSP black blizzard but on C500 the top layer is looks like limba (not koto). if also reminds me of the innerforce series, but those blades are slightly thicker (between 5.5 and 6 mm). have you played with any of these?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2012 at 7:41am
vvu.tee, the top ply of the c500 is limba, only the c100 is koto top ply.. i have played with all the c-series blades because its my responsibility to test them =)

vvu.tee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvu.tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2012 at 8:45am
sorry for the confusion, I ment:
"have you played with the innerforceS, esp ULC or Tamca5000, which also have limba as the top ply and the same composition of the other wooden layers?

They may be a little thicker than the c500, (or TSP Black Blizard, which has koto top-ply, it similar but woodier thinner and slower than 729 F-1 and the above mentioned Innerforce blades)"

I am prefer composite blades, so I'll probably get the c500 next month, to compare it with Innerforce Tamca and the Black Blizzard (no longer own any of the other blades mentioned above). 

what is the thickness (if you happen to own a caliper)? 

Also, looking at the pictures, the center-ply - kiri, seems to be cut at a 60 degrees relative to the vertical axis of the blade. I've seem that only on some of Sword's asymmetric blades, this usually implies that the bending of the blade at high speed would be different on FH and BH. Well, this is really difficult to tell for sure from these 2 pictures of c500, so if you have one from the side, I'd appreciate you help.

also, using heavier rubbers on the C500 such as t05, would make the C500 a relatively head heavy combo. for a very thin carbon blade this usually means some flex, which makes looping away from the table very rewarding but harder to control. well, I am anxious to try it myself and check my hypotheses :-)

Edited by vvu.tee - 01/18/2012 at 8:47am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2012 at 8:55am
ive only played with the infferforce and its faster than the c500, if you like composite blades i suggest you get the adidas fibertec power blade. its carbon kevlar off+ blade. lightweight and balanced and has good feel. its also limba top ply, even with a tenzone the fibertec power will not be head heavy.  the composition of the blade was given to me by the blade designer and is also in the website of adidas

vvu.tee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvu.tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2012 at 9:12am
a step/blade at a time :-) c500 seems similar to TSP Black Blizzard in thickness, which was an real easter egg - a very pleasant blade to play with, just a tad slow for my taste, and the handle felt shorter than it was.

summer is my active blade-testing period, during the active season I try (at least try) to stay focused :-)

PS: just dig up my good old Black Blizzard, the center ply is ayous or kiri, i think!? it is just 5.52 mm thick.

here is a photo:

Edited by vvu.tee - 01/18/2012 at 9:53am
kickass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2012 at 1:16pm
what's the idea with the very wide head? 157mm compared to 150 normal size - what was the design objective for this?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2012 at 6:53pm
vvu.tee.. hmm so the blizzard blade has a limba-ayous top layer also?

kickass - maybe it was to reduce the head heaviness of the blade

mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 4:27am
Hi, I got my C500 and V 1.5 yesterday (finally discounted) and I must say the head is really rather round that oval, but quite smaller than that of yogi's blades, like 149X152 mm...I hope I will be able test them in the coming weeks with P3 and P5.

Edited by mg - 01/19/2012 at 4:28am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 5:00am
sorry guys, i think i had an error on the entry of the blade dimensions. its 152 x 157.. its still bigger than mg's blade because my blades were produced earlier than the ones being sold in the market currently.

barnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2013 at 1:03pm
Hi Yogi, I would like to know something more about C100.

- what is the hardness - soft, medium-soft, medium?
- flex - compare to Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
If it´s possible little comparison to Tibhar SPW would be useful. Thanks
Yasaka Silver All Wood, ST
FH - Rhyzm max
BH - Tenergy 05 max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2013 at 7:12pm
the c100 felt harder than the powerwood, spw has more flex and is a better looping blade. i think powerwood is a lil faster.

E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2013 at 7:20pm
 Very informative review as usual, Thanks yogi_bear Tongue

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
barnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2013 at 6:46am
Thanks for comparison
Yasaka Silver All Wood, ST
FH - Rhyzm max
BH - Tenergy 05 max
AndresFrz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndresFrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 3:59pm
yogi you can compare the adidas c100, with BTY petr korbel 
in therms of velocity, feel and control ? 
tnks 
blade: Adidas c100-fl

FH: Andro Rasant turbo 2,1
BH: Andro Rasant turbo 2,1
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 9:35pm
c100 is faster by only a few notches. it has a different fell of some sort because if im not mistaken it has a thicker inner core and its top ply is koto compared to limba with the korbel. the c100 felt stiffer. i woudl give the control to korbel

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic