FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Magna TX 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Magna TX 2
    Posted: 01/19/2012 at 10:05am
Magna TX 2

Thickness: Black 2.0mm
Weight: 50 grams uncut
Hardness: 37 degrees (medium)
Throw angle: Medium to high

The magna tx 2 has the same topsheet with the other magnas (TC and TS) with a harder sponge. The TS with the softest, TX as the hardest and TC in the middle. I have both used the TS  and TC rubbers in the past and find them mushy for my style. The TC was better off as my bh rubber. The TX with a harder sponge just like the boost tx is a better choice for the forehand since attacking with it with brushing strokes is more stable . The topsheet is thin and soft which is very comfortable to loop with. The rubber is lively and fast. The spin is good and is comparable to the calibra spin. its not as fast as the Calibra LT plus but its between the speed of the Calibra LT and Calibra Spin. Control is good for this rubber. At max thickness this rubber is even faster. 

I would say that this rubber is under rated. For people who wants to try a japanese rubber that is affordable and is not too fast but with good control and great spin then the Magna TX 2 will be sufficient for most people. This rubber is good for intermediate players at 2.0mm thickness and advanced players at max thickness. I would recommend hard or stiff blades for this rubber
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 10:26am
thanks for the review! i probably will get this rubber for my alternative paddle
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 11:09am
yogi, I totally agree with you, Magna TX II is a very good rubber, I have played it on a Rosewood V (mine was red) and it felt quite nice, a bit like the Donic Vario Cooper Speed and Joola Express X-plode Sensitive, it's not soft or too hard and works well in all three areas - speed, spin and control, I really had fun playing it. 
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 11:43am
yogi what is the throw angle???
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 12:13pm
now that you ask about the throw angle, does it have a nice arc?
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 12:39pm
Interesting. PaddlePalace only has TS II in their inventory. Any other good sources for TX II?
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 12:51pm
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 2:57pm
calibra V magna
i think it is like tenergy V sriver g3.

a new top rubber versus a classic updated version.

and of course, pros play with tenergy and calibra...

https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 6:11pm
the throw angle is medium to high and it has a nice arc.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 6:17pm
hmm its an excellent rubber then at least for what i can read
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 3:14am
It doesn't have the pronounced glue feel of Calibra. Though, I also think it's an excellent rubber. Best Stiga rubber for spinning with topsheet. 
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 6:32pm
speaq, i think its because of the thin topsheet that its easy to loop with

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 6:40pm
i do love the sound of the calibra lt plus when you smash it or hard loop it
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 4:36am
I find very hard to slow loop against underspin with Boost TX. 
Is Magna TX any better? Magna TC maybe ?

InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 4:51am
stav, yes its easier to loop with the magna tx than the boost tx because i have tried both. 

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 5:06am
Yogi, what would  you prefer for b/h on carbon blade? 
Magna TC or Magna TX ?
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 5:11am
i liek the magna tx better because its harder and i can brush the ball properly. with the magna tc you need to hit through the sponge. they have almost the same spin but the tx is faster

Re1Mu2R3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Re1Mu2R3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 11:23am
How does it compare to the original Magna?

I'm currently using that one and the sides are tearing off.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2012 at 2:52am
spinnier and faster than the original magna, though the original sponge was more durable

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2012 at 4:12am
Glued up Magna was a dream. 
Re1Mu2R3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Re1Mu2R3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2012 at 4:41am
So this is meant to be used with normal glue?
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2012 at 4:49am
Originally posted by Re1Mu2R3 Re1Mu2R3 wrote:

So this is meant to be used with normal glue?

its meant to be speed glued, speed glued magna is one of the fastest that ive tried
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

Re1Mu2R3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Re1Mu2R3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2012 at 8:07am
Originally posted by mikepong mikepong wrote:

its meant to be speed glued, speed glued magna is one of the fastest that ive tried

I meant the Magna TX2
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2012 at 4:01pm
Sorry for the grave dig, but can anyone compare TX with rubbers such as Tenergy 05 and 1q for forehand play?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2012 at 4:32pm
good but a little hard for me.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2012 at 5:20pm
Hardness vs tenergy and 1q?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2012 at 7:49pm
TX and 1Q are close to hardness. havent compared it side by side with t05

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2012 at 5:01pm
It sounds like acuda s1 turbo, is it?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2012 at 7:05pm
ahmm nope. both are different rubbers. the TX is spinnier but the S1 turbo is way faster. both have different feel when hitting the ball

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2012 at 2:23am
I don't agree that TX II is slower than S1 Turbo. TX II has less catapult therefore feels significantly slower during slow-medium strokes. Though it has a very high top end speed when hitting hard. The more you hit the more you get. Also it has longer break-in period to reach real performance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic