Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Intensity NCT & Intensity Carbon Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Intensity NCT & Intensity Carbon Review
    Posted: 02/02/2012 at 7:00am
Got these 2 blades from Stiga and it seems that very few people have tried these blades so Stiga sent me to make a review upon my request. 

Intensity NCT

Blade head Size: 149x157mm
Weight: 85 gms
Plies: 5 (walnut? - spruce? - ayous - spruce? - walnut?)
Thickness: 5.5mm
Speed: Off (its between off and off+)
Test Rubbers: Stiga Magna TS II 2.0mm red & black, Dawei 388A Sprungfeder G3

This blade has a good quality finish though the rough handle and neck needed sanding a lil bit but not a problem really. I had to add varnish on the naked parts especially on the handle because i wanted to preserve the blades beauty especially the handle. the white stripes are better to look at against the brown contrast when sealed also. Somebody told me that the outer ply is walnut and  the center ply is ayous.

The blade has a very nice and loud sound. its thin but its fast due to the NCT coating. Doing fh to fh and bh to bh drive drills with this baby is suprising because it very fast. I would say its faster than the rosewood 5 and slower than the ebenholz 7. a lady friend of mine who is a national player and uses rosewood 5 with T05fx says that the intensity nct is very fast with the 2.0mm magna ts. she hits the ball through the sponge when driving the ball. i would say the intensity nct produces solid shots. Control is the same level as the maplewood 5.. faster than maplewood 5 but has the same level of vibration which is very less compared to the ebenholz and rosewood blades. Despite the speed its still a looping blade offering very good control for the shots. despite the stiffness it has some flex which is good for looping. I would say the dwell time for this average. For me average dwell time is good. by my standards Stiga Offensive classic blades have above average dwell time but are slower than the I-NCT. Looping was fairly easy the blade didn't feel head heavy even when i changed my forehand to a dawei chinese rubber. Overall this is a balanced blade with minimal vibration. Among the stiga 5 ply all wood blades i think this is the most under rated. 

Intensity Carbon

Blade head size: 149x157mm
Weight: 88 gms
Plies: 7 walnut? - spruce? -carbon -ayous - carbon - spruce? - walnut?
Thickness: 5mm
Speed: Off+
Test Rubbers: Stiga Magna TS II 2.0mm red & black, Dawei 388A Sprungfeder G3
Sweet Spot: Large

its the same construction with the I-NCT but is reinforced with 2 carbon layers. I just need somebody to tell me if this is limba top ply and ayous center core because stiga wouldnt tell me the layers. 

On a ball bounce test with no rubbers on seems to be promising. It has a loud tonk sound and has a large sweetspot about 1 1/2 inch from the lateral parts of the blade. The blade was very fast on my first few tries with the stiga magna ts 2.0 on both sides and still fast with the G3 sprungfeder. If combined with the medium or soft rubber this blade is a loud whacking sound. It has a louder sound than the tube aluminum, T-11 or Black Devil. I would rate this blade as faster than the primorac blade but slower than a sardius or schlager carbon. It still can loop well both on the fh and bh with fast rubbers or chinese rubbers. On mid distance and long distance attacks and counters, this blade shines more. The control is good despite the very fast speed. On a short game the drop shots and flicks are above average controllable and good not much of a problem on these strokes. So far I think this is the lightest and thinnest stiga carbo blade i have ever tried. It has a combined feel of a stiga titanium or titanium 5.4 blade but with less vibration and beter balance.

Overall these 2 blades are worth the try, despite their hefty prices they are worth it. I would recommend the Intensity NCT for players who want a faster but thinner looping blade that offers speed and control. Soft to medium hardness rubbers are ideal for the I-NCT's stiffness and for those who love the loud whacking sound of their set ups i would suggest they choose a soft rubber. 
I want to recommend the I-carbon for advanced players who wanted a lighter carbon blades that offers more solidity on their shots compared to using light balsa carbon blades. To players who want to dominate in their attacks mid and far distance from the table this is the blade for you guys.
I reckon these blades are under rated because as what many people say, "many people don't want to try the new blades from stiga unless somebody has tried and reviewed them. guess what. you will not be disappointed with these 2 blades. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 7:33am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Got these 2 blades from Stiga and it seems that very few people have tried these blades so Stiga sent me to make a review upon my request. 

Intensity NCT

Blade head Size: 149x155mm
Weight: 85 gms
Plies: 5
Thickness: 5.1mm
Speed: Off???

whoa, thinner than offensive cr (which is 5.4mm)! looking forward to your reviews.

pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 7:47am
the sealing on the blade surface of the intensity NCt makes it a stiffer blade than the OC-Cr
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 8:27am
Stiga Intensity Carbon
157x149, 6.0 mm, 91 g

Edited by Imago - 02/02/2012 at 2:30pm
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 4:03am
So far Intensity Carbon looks to me as a quality upgrade to YEO - both in speed and feeling.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 5:28am
Imago, i tried checking my intensity carbon's thickness and its only 5mm! the intensity nct was 5.1mm which is a bit strange. i have checked the thickness with 3 measuring tools and its really 5mm.. the blade is 149x155 though

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 8:14am
update with pics and reviews

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 9:48am
sorry, yogi_bear, but if anyone shells out 80-90 euros for a blade (which is what these blades typically retail for in Europe), they have the right to expect a very nice finish and quality in return, and having to sand the handle and neck of such an expensive blade is just ridiculous.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 11:09am

Actually 120 euro. I still wonder how the above blades are 5 mm thick if one of them is at least 150% thicker than the rubber attached on it.

kickass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 1:30pm
how does both compare to a YEO? Is the outerply walnut on these blades too?
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 1:55pm
Imago, you're right - I forgot to take into account VAT and postage. 
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 6:20pm
i don't know what kind of intensity carbon yogi gets (do not surprise me in stiga). mine is 5,7-5,8 mm.
more close to Imago's one.
in 5 mm the test blade can be quite different.

imo it is not neither an off+ blade nor an upgrade of the yeo. more like a titanium 5.4 with a little better feeling and solidness. it is fast (more or less as a 90 gr. rw5) but not powerful. good woody feeling but i miss some more power.

i have another tip to this blade. reseal it with polyuretane. the blade imo feels too soft and has too long throw without being powerful. this resealing improves everything. crisper, not so long throw and not so soft.

for sure it is good some fine sanding about the handle and the blade face border. easy to do.

Edited by ejmaster - 02/04/2012 at 6:58pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 7:24pm
havent tried the YEO.. the outer ply looks like a colored limba IMO

ejmaster, what rubbers were you using with the intensity carbon?  also ive remeasured the blade a few times with different devices and its still 5.0mm. it was really fast considering the throw was a bit long and fast. i did seal the other parts of the blades and it was good enough for me at least reducing the roughness, what's your opinion on sanding the handle? im afraid to try it coz it might change the look of the handle and its beauty

i have told stiga about this concern on the roughness of their blades but they leave it as it is. a distributor told me that stiga will not sand their blades' necks and handle because they expect people to do it on their own.

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 8:28pm
Hey Yogi, every now and then someone writes a beautiful post and I have to say yours is one of the best ever! The design element of the Intensity blades look like a serious blade for advanced and pro players. Great job Stiga!.....but you really should sand those blades a little bit. :)
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

ianworz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianworz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 9:09pm
Outer plies are definitely walnut, medial plies appear to be spruce, and the core is definitely ayous.
Worz Beat Stick
WBS Takehaya
FH: H3 No. 21
BH:Spectol
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2012 at 2:24am

Titanium 5.4 is a fantastic blade. Probably the YB's IC feels like it with its 5 mm thickness. I would gladly trade my IC Legend for a 5 mm IC Pen. Smile

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2012 at 3:49am
frogger thanks, yes im sanding the neck tonight because it causes blisters to my hands. the blade is really good. i kept the I-NCT because i like all wood blades and i only keep carbon blades as part of my collection. 
ianworz, if its walnut then i guess its the one giving the speed and stiffness plus the nct coating.. at first glance you could mistake it for a colored limba though.
imago, if i had the cpen version id gladly sell it to you for half the price

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2012 at 2:44pm

havent tried the YEO.. the outer ply looks like a colored limba IMO

ejmaster, what rubbers were you using with the intensity carbon?  also ive remeasured the blade a few times with different devices and its still 5.0mm. it was really fast considering the throw was a bit long and fast. i did seal the other parts of the blades and it was good enough for me at least reducing the roughness, what's your opinion on sanding the handle? im afraid to try it coz it might change the look of the handle and its beauty

i have told stiga about this concern on the roughness of their blades but they leave it as it is. a distributor told me that stiga will not sand their blades' necks and handle because they expect people to do it on their own.

no problem at all about fine sanding the handle to have it smooth without roughness.
it keeps the beauty and touch is lot better. the result is very good.

about rubbers i tried tenergy but at the end i like new era 2.0 mm (hard 47º chinese) or gpse better in fh.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2012 at 1:56am

the sealing on the blade surface of the intensity NCt makes it a stiffer blade than the OC-Cr

do you think that these  blades could be good for short pips cpen or RPB?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2012 at 6:43am
bbkon, i tried using an 802-40 in the backhand with both blades but the carbon version is too fast if paired with an SP. the nct version was good in using the 802-40 though. 

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 4:07am
can someone confirm the 5.1 mm thickness? it seems like a very unusual value. I have never seen offensive blades thinner than 5.4 mm (my stiga offensive cr).
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 4:27am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

can someone confirm the 5.1 mm thickness? it seems like a very unusual value. I have never seen offensive blades thinner than 5.4 mm (my stiga offensive cr).

it would be the holy grail!!

bibigon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 4:44am
Paddlpalace catalog lists Intensity NCT as 5.9 mm thick. 
Viscaria light; BH: Baracuda 2.0; FH: H3NP 38° black
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 4:57am
I played with the Stiga Intensity NCT briefly and thought it had alot of characteristics like the Acoustic, just all a little less good.
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 7:36am
seguso, me having a 5.1mm intensity NCT doesnt generally say that all other blades like it are also 5.1mm thick

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 7:39am
too bad i dont have the blade anymore coz i gave it to a friend i could have measured it again for you and took a photo of it

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 7:51am

seguso, me having a 5.1mm intensity NCT doesnt generally say that all other blades like it are also 5.1mm thick

that would be too easy :)

thanks anyway.
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2013 at 12:01pm
Amazingly thin blades. It may be quick close to the table, but may lack power away from the table.

The Intensity allwood blade may be great for Xu Xin. But for non-pro, it may be tiring to play with it.
stanton65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanton65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2013 at 12:03pm
I bought an Intensity NCT  from TT11 at about US$70 down from US$105and currently use it with Xiom Vega Europe(FH) and Xiom Omega 4 Ellite (BH). I will change the VE for the Vega Japan (MAX) on FH and with this blade's great control, it should play well.
Donic WSC JO Blade
Xiom O4Europe(BH)
Butterfly T64(FH)
jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2014 at 8:12pm
hi ,im new member i finding out infomation about hard & stiff&powerful wood blade(im use chinese rubber for forehand) blade and interest walnut blade but from many people said make me confuse 
some people say intensity carbon is soft blade and not power full .can u confirm these question?
1. is it soft medium or hard if compare any my previous blade
2 is it more speed or less than any my previous blade
ps.my previous blade :yasaka spelancer ,schlager carbon,stiga tube carbo,stiga tube aluminium ,xiom v1 quad, stiga carbo7.6,avx p700
thank u so much
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic