Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Intensity NCT & Intensity Carbon Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2014 at 8:21pm
it is hard because of the walnut outerplies. the intensity carbon is fast but your schlager carbon and possibly the v1 quad carbon is faster. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2014 at 8:42pm
or maybe can u suggest me for other blade too
in my list now:
rutis power
yasaka dynamix17 (walnut surface version)
yasaka  yeo7 power
stiga rosewood7

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2014 at 12:53am
try the regular YEO or the rosewood 5, the 7 is kinda heavy
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2014 at 2:40am
so thank yoki
jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2014 at 2:43am
but if i can find rosewood7 i wonder it as hard as more or less than my walnut blade list
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2014 at 6:50am
rosewood 7 is harder than yeo. its because of the wood and also the thick nct/laquer coating on the blade surface

gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 9:51am
What about these blades ? Who plays with stiga Intensity carbon ? Can anyone compare it with another carbon blade from other brand, or another famous blade like Clipper ?
OSP Ultimate 2 / T05 / T05fx
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 9:57am
actually even if there was a blade with the same construction as the intensity carbon they would have a different feel because the intensity carbon is kinda thin.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 10:38am
I love my Intensity NCT.  I have not tried the carbon one yet, but I don't think I will need more power from carbon, if it means I will loose some of the feel with the all wood.
Yogi - what would you prefer between the two?
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 12:00pm
Does it vibrate because of it's so thin ? How is the power of the carbon intensity blade, comparing with another carbon blade ? Is it easy to play close the table or better far from the table ? There are not many returns about this blade... is it bad or does it suffer from lack of publicity ?

Edited by gromousse - 10/17/2014 at 12:01pm
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by gromousse gromousse wrote:

Does it vibrate because of it's so thin ? How is the power of the carbon intensity blade, comparing with another carbon blade ? Is it easy to play close the table or better far from the table ? There are not many returns about this blade... is it bad or does it suffer from lack of publicity ?
I played with the Intensity Carbon for a year or so before switching back to a slower blade. IMHO it has the best control and feel of all the very fast (Off-Off+) I tested. I actually wrote a test report about it in German:
It does not vibrate but it has some flex when you really go for it which is why it generates tremendous power on strong shots. It plays quite controlled at the table; I would see it is slower and less bouncy in touch shots than Clipper.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 12:52pm
Sorry, I don't speak Goethe's language... Isn't that strange you feel it's slower than Clipper whereas Stiga grade it to 124 for speed and only 102 for Clipper ?
And is the blade stiff enough on flat contacts, blocks, smashs ?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 12:59pm

Sorry, I don't speak Goethe's language...
I kind of figured that but maybe you can use google translator to at least understand my basic impressions.

Isn't that strange you feel it's slower than Clipper whereas Stiga grade it to 124 for speed and only 102 for Clipper ?
And is the blade stiff enough on flat contacts, blocks, smashs ?
I do not really care about some numbers in a catalog. My impression was that the Intensity Carbon was slower on touch shots and the short game at the table than Clipper but it was faster when you really hit it hard. With other words, it has 2 more gears, a slower and a faster one.
Yes, it is stiff enough to block and drive the ball which is why it worked pretty well for me with medium pips (Dr. N Diamant)on backhand.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 1:27pm
Ok, I understand better now. It makes me feel about the Nittaku Barwell Fleet which also have an external walnut ply. It was really slow on little shots, really good for short game, receiving, and absorbing in passive blocks. But when you swing, the ball goes very fast. Unfortunately the Barwell fleet was not really fitting my backhand, I don't really know why. For the forehand it was tremendous. Perhaps my backhand topspin is too "short and quick" for that blade and my contact of the ball not hard enough.
For now I play with the Mizutani SuperZLC which is hugely powerful but also quite stiff. Sometimes I'd like more flexibility. 

I will try to translate with google your returns, although that's sometimes not easy to understand the translation... thank you for the link.

Edited by gromousse - 10/17/2014 at 1:28pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 2:43pm

I will try to translate with google your returns, although that's sometimes not easy to understand the translation... thank you for the link.
If you have any specific questions on the report, please ask. Wink

My Feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

I love my Intensity NCT.  I have not tried the carbon one yet, but I don't think I will need more power from carbon, if it means I will loose some of the feel with the all wood.
Yogi - what would you prefer between the two?

always been an all-wood guy :D and the intensity nct and emerald remains my 2 favorite stiga blades

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 10:09pm

almost all stiga blades have vibration depending on the amount on every blade model. the intensity is a fast carbon blade despite the thinness of the blade. i would say its speed is more or less the level of a primorac carbon

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2014 at 6:49am
I have 3 Intensity. One NCT Cpen, one Carbon Cpen and one Carbon Conic and they all measured around 5.94mm.
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2014 at 7:21am

Comparing Intensity carbon, TB ALC, Innerforce ZLC all 3 – 88gr.

IMO:

Speed: ZLC is fastest , other two is almost the same. Intensity has a little longer trajectory than ALC. I guess because of this NCT coating. Maybe without it I guess they will be same, but I don’t want to experiment for now. If I broke my ALC then I will do it Smile

Arc: ZLC > ALC > Intensity

Control: ALC >= Intensity >> ZLC

I test it with different rubbers, but I think the most I liked it with Genius Sound – EXTREME control with enough power, well combining characteristics.

As mentioned Intensity is for play closer to the table, Intensity carbon – further. Hope I help you.

Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2014 at 6:37pm
I played with Intensity NCT a couple of years ago. A great light blade! Maybe I should give it a second try with the Airoc M. 
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 12:34pm
i got today 2 intensity nct 85g master from sweden

very nice 

they have no more strong coat like before but now like emerald

stiga improved a lot the quality of their blades

Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 4:30pm
I played with the Blade for one hour

too fast for me, but the quality of the blade is much better than in the past

Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 6:38pm
You mean the NCT coating is now thinner? 
malin87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malin87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 7:46am
I just receive a new custom intensity carbon blade (national team series) and it's 5.8~5.9 thickness...
Icecream AZX,T05,Spectol21
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 9:04am
I wonder if the new ones, which have little coating, play any difference.  I have the older one, really like it, and planning to get another for back up.
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 11:49am
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

I played with the Blade for one hour

too fast for me, but the quality of the blade is much better than in the past

Yeah it's really fast one but I think it's a really great balance between power and control in this blade.
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 12:36pm
I have a Handmade blade by Levi with the same composition as Stiga Intensity NCT: black walnut-spruce-ayous-spruce-black walnut, 88 g, 156x150 mm, thickness: 5.85 mm.
This composition is excellent and the blade has better quality than even Stiga at a much better price.

Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
malin87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malin87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2014 at 11:16am
after playing with Intensity Carbon i can say a few things(i was ranked as 500 in the mens world ranking few years ago)
It is a very well designed looping blade.Has long trajectory so suits playing away the table and easy to play near.You can perform very strong and very spinny loops all over.
It has very good control and makes the receiving easy..
In blocking you have to adjust because it's kinda soft thought stiga claims it's stiff..
Using sp on the bh i was hiting the net all the time so this blade doesn't suit for pimplers!
Icecream AZX,T05,Spectol21
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2014 at 1:24pm
The intensity carbon soft???Not at all.It has no feeling at all.If you mean flexible maybe it has some flex and it is not totally stiff.But you said "soft" and this goes to feeling.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2014 at 2:03pm
malin87, I have played with the Intensity Carbon for quite some time and I do not agree that it has a soft feel due to its hard walnut outer plies. It may not be as hard and stiff as some other blades but it's certainly not soft. Do you mean "stiff" when you say "soft"? I do agree that it is not as stiff as some other carbon blades like Schlager or Primorac and it has some flex when you put power into the shot which is why it works great for looping. Maybe you should give it some more practice with your pips as it might just be a matter of adjusting the blade angle a little. It worked great for me with medium pips and also with anti. At the end I switched because it was too fast for me.

My Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic