FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Magna TS Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magna TS Review
    Posted: 02/02/2012 at 7:08am

Size: 169x169mm uncut
Weight: 48gms uncut, 40 grams cut
Thickness: 2.0mm black and red 
Hardness: 35 degrees equivalent to a dhs hardness scale (approx.)
Blades used: Stiga Intensity NCT & Intensity Carbon
Glue: Joola waterbased glue
Speed: medium fast

The lightest and softest among the other magna II rubbers, the magna ts is no pushover. On the initial observations on the rubber, it has a very soft but not mushy sponge with a medium thin topsheet. The 2.0mm magna ts on both sides in a stiga intensity nct blade weighed only 165 grams and it was very light for a set up. 

Fh to Fh Bh to Bh
The Magna TS rubber felt bouncy on my first few tries. i had to make an adjustment on my stroke and the way I hit the ball because it really needs to be hit through its sponge and not a pure thin brushing stroke. When hitting through the sponge it was very loud, fast but very controllable.

Pushes and serves:
Above average spin on serves and pushes.

Blocking and smashing:
active and passive blocking are very good with this rubber which offer a lot of control due to its very controllable soft sponge. Punch blocking is above average. Smashing is good also though you need to adjust the blade angle in order not for the rubber to bottom out. i had the 2.0mm but i think the 2.2mm doesnt bottom out due to its thicker sponge. 

Loops:
above average looping for this rubber and very good for the control. I would say this rubber has a low throw. i was looping with this rubber a lot of times and i noticed that even contacting the ball on its delayed point (that is after off the bounce and peak bounce), the rubbers still has a low arc. its fairly spinny but i think magna tx and tc are spinnier if you brush a lot on your loops.

Countering:
due to the soft sponge, countering is easy doing it with this rubber.

I can say that this rubber is as soft as the desto F3 but a bit harder than the F3 Bigslam. Its like a desto f3 with better spin. This is good for controlled attackers and loopers that wouldnt want to compromise their defense and control on their games. 

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 10:19am
I use this rubber for my backhand. It is like a Desto F3 on Steroids, firmer sponge and much more linear. Good spin and fast. A nice backhand rubber but not forehand.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 4:25pm
Very light and last 3 weeks excellent control wonderful for kids. Be aware when you change rubber it can be ripped easily.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 11:23pm
Yes I agree, a very fragile rubber and you have to be very careful when removing from blade.
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 2:35am
thanks for the post yogi. Interested to hear what you think compared to other rubbers in the 40-50 dollar price range. I'm going to invest in a different backhand rubber after well over a year with Hammond X. Magna TC/TS, Rakza, Acuda series, Aurus, Fastarc- all under consideration and study for me. Looking forward to your impressions. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 8:43am
updated with pics and review
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 12:35pm
Nice review yogi, I think you pretty much summed up the characteristics of this rubber quite well. I have been using this rubber on my backhand for quite sometime coming from F3 and it has been a vast improvement over F3 and nearer to Coppa Silver in performance. Durability is an issue though and I would say for all the new Magna series.
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 7:31pm
carryboy, i agree 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic