Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Modified long pimples?O.o

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
freez009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freez009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modified long pimples?O.o
    Posted: 02/08/2012 at 10:25am
Hey everyone, so i came across some members talking about modified long pimples. Now i know they're illegal but i want to create one for fun playing as i got a new set of pimples. So what're the ways to modify your pimples? And this is just for a fun bat. Not competition play so lets not, start on about them being illegal and all :D
Donic Defplay senso
FH: Mark V
BH: Buttefly feint long II

atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2012 at 11:04am
Soak it in paraffin oil for 2 days
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
sahiggs100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sahiggs100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2012 at 11:28am
Leave it out in the sun or use wd 40 on it.
Blade: Nexy Lissom
FH: Gambler Outlaw Black
BH: RITC 802 Short Pips Red

Please Don't feed the EJ's!
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2012 at 4:51pm
Sylicone Lubricant Spray will make your pimples super-slicky.
A very common mischeaf with the elder players being eager for a victory.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2012 at 4:58pm
Before you ruin the pips, why not try to have fun the easiest way first? Glue the rubber to the blade, but only glue it around the edges and leave the center unglued. This creates some weird effects, while the rubber is still useable and perfectly legal if you should decide that you want to use it in competition again.
The holy grail
neutronbomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote neutronbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2012 at 11:07pm
The trickiest pips steps:
1. Soak in paraffin for 1 hour
2. Clean, dry, and let settle for a couple days
3. Pour salt in between pips so only tops are exposed
4. Expose to UV light or the sun for a few days (only tips will be frictionless)
5. Glue edges only to blade

This covers just about every treatment and makes some really crazy return. It is really only accurate to control against pushes and some bump shots. Trying to chop block loops and drive become kind of futile. Best used for someone with the pip it and rip it philosophy because you will definitely get lots of setups.

Never would try this in competition, because it's too hard to control for my style. I like to chop block with varying spin, and a normal rubber is actually much better in my case.  I love goofing around with it for sure, though.
USATT Rating 2059

FH Tibhar 5Q+

BH Giant Dragon Long

Hallmark Aurora
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2012 at 11:58pm
I would try aging some cheap anti like GD Guard or even 804.  These are not slick antis but if one could make them as slick as the expensive Dr N anti then one would be on to something.

Aging the tips of 755 with ultraviolet light is an interesting concept.  755 and a few other LPs are so cheap that one can afford many experiments.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic