Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Clan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 5:31am
Throw me into the clan mix with an active Nexy Spartacus (Calibra LT/XP 2008 Super Power) and a Calix (2 old wore out T05s) into the mix. The rest of my Nexy blades did not survive my combat environment or I passed them along for others to try out.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 2:35pm
You're in!
How would you compare Calix and Spartacus? What are the similarities and differences?
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 12:03pm
Spartacus is a linear OFF- thin carbon control blade for players wanting a consistant OFF- class (that is OFF MINUS) blade that is more oriented towards a spin game with the possibility to hit like Lissom, but harder. Blade rewards bang impact. Allows huge spin on brush strokes and also on those strokes hitting through the ball.

Calix is multi-geared with a higher top end. Blade is thinner, but stiff enough on the low end. Different impacts produce different results. Some players like this for a control short touch and kick on the top end. Blade looks a ton better than Spartacus, which is plain-Jane. That is OK with me, we cover our blades with rubber anywayz. Calix also can wrap the ball with the high-speed impact and the top end is clearly faster. I like how the ST blade feels in my hand with Calix, and I do not say that about a lot of blades.
LeeMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by shakepender shakepender wrote:

if i join i am interested in oscar. anyone tried it?

I've played with an Oscar for a year and a bit - and I love it!  I don't ever plan on changing to a different blade and I'm hoping the one I have will last me years (if you take good enough care of it).

Was previously using T64 on FH which I found really nice and have now switched to Calibra LT Spin on FH which I'm finding just as good.
Thumbs Up
Nexy Oscar + Xiom Sigma II Europe + Xiom Vega Japan
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 7:58pm
Bh-man, thanks for you excellent short review. I'll put spartacus on my list of blades to try next. I like Calix as an upgrade to lissom, but sometimes I wish it was more linear...
Join the Nexy Clan!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 10:07pm
arg0, Spatacus, while a totally different feel and constuction, is essentially a blade that does the same things well (spin, control, wrapping the ball) but is a bit stiffer and a level faster at a linear rate. I really need to put a good new FH rubber on Calix to give it some proper attention to learn it better, I have been tossing on used up Tenergies and that is not enough justice.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by LeeMc LeeMc wrote:

I've played with an Oscar for a year and a bit - and I love it!  I don't ever plan on changing to a different blade and I'm hoping the one I have will last me years (if you take good enough care of it).

Was previously using T64 on FH which I found really nice and have now switched to Calibra LT Spin on FH which I'm finding just as good.
Thumbs Up

My TBS cracked several times (I repaired each time) and i was  in the market for a backup blade & lucky enough to get a chance to go to the TAK9.com / Nexy HQ in SE Seoul. I asked the staff for a gazillion TT apperal and I also bought a Nexy Oscar with new Tibhar Aurus rubbers.

When I had a chance to test a ST version of Oscar 1.5 years ago, I liked it a lot with T05 on FH, but the blade at that time was too fast for me. Not only was the top end and most strokes too fast, the ball came off the bat a little earlier than I wanted. (Maybe that is why I liked Lissom & Spartacus so much, both those blades have a lot of dwell) After training another 1.5 years under a good Korean coach, I thought I could handle the Oscar properly. I was wrong. Oscar is still to fast for me. I traded it to a KFTTC member for a beat up Primorac Carbon, which ironically is every bit a fast as Oscar in each stroke, but there is a bit more dwell to make spin on loops.

After V2.0 experience with Oscar, I would say it can make an excellent blade for those who like to hit through everything. These players are counter drivers, FH drivers/smashers, and blocker/counterdrivers. Also, the prototypical LP OX player here would love this blade. The OX LP players BH punch with their OX LP on a very fast and stiff blade (Many use Gergely or Schlager Carbon). They like to place a semi-soft control rubber on FH to pulverise skull-drug kill any loose ball that comes to their FH. It makes me look like I am not very macho to quickly relize a blade is too fast for me, but it is what it is. Oscar is a great blade for the playing styles that require more solid contact at impact kind of strokes. Unfortunately, I do not fit into that pattern very well. I like to loop heavy before i pound the ball. I loved its blocking power though:)
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 10:04pm
Dear friends,
I will run a very special event.
Calix will be only 70 USD for a week.
It's a specail discount event, never done before.
I just want to let people taste what NEXY like.
So, come and buy one.
It will start within today, and it will be ended next week Monday.
Come to www.nexy.com
Thank you ~!!
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 10:07pm
Dear Wiliiam,

I want to run test thread for new blade "AMAZON".
Will you help me to run it?
You can do it as the same with Calix.

Just let me have 10 testers.

Regarding the basic information, you can check my designer's diary.
Among 10 blades, one is yours.
I'm really thankful for your help, and I hope you will like AMAZON, too.
I'm now playing with Amazon, too.
Pretty interesting.
You will know the value over time.
It becomes better and better while you play.

Brand Manager of NEXY
DeIgado View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeIgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Originally posted by LeeMc LeeMc wrote:

Thumbs Up

My TBS cracked several times (I repaired each time) and i was  in the market for a backup blade & lucky enough to get a chance to go to the TAK9.com / Nexy HQ in SE Seoul. I asked the staff for a gazillion TT apperal and I also bought a Nexy Oscar with new Tibhar Aurus rubbers.

When I had a chance to test a ST version of Oscar 1.5 years ago, I liked it a lot with T05 on FH, but the blade at that time was too fast for me. Not only was the top end and most strokes too fast, the ball came off the bat a little earlier than I wanted. (Maybe that is why I liked Lissom & Spartacus so much, both those blades have a lot of dwell) After training another 1.5 years under a good Korean coach, I thought I could handle the Oscar properly. I was wrong. Oscar is still to fast for me. I traded it to a KFTTC member for a beat up Primorac Carbon, which ironically is every bit a fast as Oscar in each stroke, but there is a bit more dwell to make spin on loops.

After V2.0 experience with Oscar, I would say it can make an excellent blade for those who like to hit through everything. These players are counter drivers, FH drivers/smashers, and blocker/counterdrivers. Also, the prototypical LP OX player here would love this blade. The OX LP players BH punch with their OX LP on a very fast and stiff blade (Many use Gergely or Schlager Carbon). They like to place a semi-soft control rubber on FH to pulverise skull-drug kill any loose ball that comes to their FH. It makes me look like I am not very macho to quickly relize a blade is too fast for me, but it is what it is. Oscar is a great blade for the playing styles that require more solid contact at impact kind of strokes. Unfortunately, I do not fit into that pattern very well. I like to loop heavy before i pound the ball. I loved its blocking power though:)

I realize that this post is old but I figured I would chime in. The Oscar plays very much like a slightly stiffer/faster TBS. I agree that the ball feels like it leaves the blade very early. No matter how hard I would hit the ball I never felt it flex. It would be good for someone coming off of a really stiff blade like a t5000. Just my 2 cents
Viscaria 86g T05 T05-fx
2059 and rising
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 5:20am
Ironically, Delgado, I got to play in an elite 2 player team tourney this weekend that had prize money blood drawing out all the TT sharks, many 2400+ players and a small pile of 2500+ ringers.

I got to meet 2 other Nexy sponsored players. One is a cute female inverted/sponged LP chopper. Est 2100 USATT. I lost to her 1-2 (best of 3) not exactly on top of my game. Too many net/out or other shots not quite going in. Just wasn't my day, even though our team advanced. Maybe I post a pic of this sponsored player along with the semi-pro ringer who Nexy sponsors.

The ironic part is she used the OSCAR blade and I have to say it suited her style of play very well. She was not afraid to HIT hard, which is very typical of the female Korean LP player.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2012 at 2:15am
As self-proclaimed founder of the Nexy Clan, I feel I have to do something to advertise Nexy. I've therefore decided to take advantage of Nexy's current special offer on Calix, to get myself another Calix and offer one for free testing to forum members that are interested. Well, almost for free, you'll have to pay for traceable shipping one way.

The rules are that anybody who wants to test Calix sends me a PM with his real name and address (I will not disclose this info, read below). To qualify, you must have been a forum member for at least three months and have a minimum of 100 posts.

I'll make a list of screen names and countries and publish it here: I won't publish real names or adresses. I'll then ship my Calix to the first person on the list. After testing it, he/she has to write his/her impressions on the official Calix review thread. A few short statements will suffice, if you don't feel up to writing a full review. After that, he/she gets in contact with the next person in the list and ships the blade to him/her.

To avoid loosing the blade, shipping must be traceable. The sender pays for shipping costs. The last person in the list ships the blade back to me.

As traceable intercontinental shipping is expensive, I'll run this experiment in Europe first. Depending on interest, other continents may follow.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2012 at 2:57am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

As self-proclaimed founder of the Nexy Clan, I feel I have to do something to advertise Nexy. I've therefore decided to take advantage of Nexy's current special offer on Calix, to get myself another Calix and offer one for free testing to forum members that are interested. Well, almost for free, you'll have to pay for traceable shipping one way.

The rules are that anybody who wants to test Calix sends me a PM with his real name and address (I will not disclose this info, read below). To qualify, you must have been a forum member for at least three months and have a minimum of 100 posts.

I'll make a list of screen names and countries and publish it here: I won't publish real names or adresses. I'll then ship my Calix to the first person on the list. After testing it, he/she has to write his/her impressions on the official Calix review thread. A few short statements will suffice, if you don't feel up to writing a full review. After that, he/she gets in contact with the next person in the list and ships the blade to him/her.

To avoid loosing the blade, shipping must be traceable. The sender pays for shipping costs. The last person in the list ships the blade back to me.

As traceable intercontinental shipping is expensive, I'll run this experiment in Europe first. Depending on interest, other continents may follow.
Calix is not a strong blade.
Please, seal it before you attach rubbers.
It's thin and light, so you can seal it without being bothered about weight.

Edited by Nexy - 05/03/2012 at 2:58am
Brand Manager of NEXY
harldhzx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harldhzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2012 at 8:44am

Ironically, Delgado, I got to play in an elite 2 player team tourney this weekend that had prize money blood drawing out all the TT sharks, many 2400+ players and a small pile of 2500+ ringers.

I got to meet 2 other Nexy sponsored players. One is a cute female inverted/sponged LP chopper. Est 2100 USATT. I lost to her 1-2 (best of 3) not exactly on top of my game. Too many net/out or other shots not quite going in. Just wasn't my day, even though our team advanced. Maybe I post a pic of this sponsored player along with the semi-pro ringer who Nexy sponsors.

The ironic part is she used the OSCAR blade and I have to say it suited her style of play very well. She was not afraid to HIT hard, which is very typical of the female Korean LP player.

OT
Korean girls ... Nexy's next e^OFF blade should be dedicated to ...
OT end

Seriously, I now put Oscar on my shopping list.

I have:

Lissom
Spartacus
Calix
Color

Lissom is what I play at my company (have 3 tables), but main blade  is a super heavy BTY Photino - don't ask me why I switched
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2012 at 3:29pm
Not much interest in testing Calix, apparently. I also realise that probably few players are based in Europe.

Since I recently bought a second Calix, I've decided to sell one. It's a Nexy Calix ST, 85g, used a few times, no dings/dents/damages whatsoever. Comes in original box. Have a look at the reviews here.
I'll let it go at Nexy's recent special offer price, €55 / $70 plus shipping. A new one is $150, so it's a steal.

I'm posting this here to give the first option to those who follow this topic. If nobody reacts, I'll post it in the FS section in a few days.

Update: sold! Calix is going to Canada.

Edited by arg0 - 05/23/2012 at 3:19pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 11:36am
Originally posted by harldhzx harldhzx wrote:

OT
Korean girls ... Nexy's next e^OFF blade should be dedicated to ...
OT end

Seriously, I now put Oscar on my shopping list.

I have:

Lissom
Spartacus
Calix
Color

Lissom is what I play at my company (have 3 tables), but main blade  is a super heavy BTY Photino - don't ask me why I switched

Haha, if I posted the pic of this Korean chopper sponsored by Nexy TAK9.com, then there would be entirely too many guyz flocking to Korea to live the life of a tourney going, TT athlete/International Pimp Player. One can only do so many things effectively at the same time.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 12:02pm
So, I post a few pics to get you all to appreciate the fun of going to Korean Amature Tourneys and the stuff you can do, as well as the fun of going to Nexy HQ and getting an AMAZON or other blade(s).
Don't droll on the pic of the female chopper and do not underestimate the male TAK9.com sponsored player, he is a BEAST.

Korea Natl Player Lee Young sik's dad.
Neil in action

Tak9.com sponsored chopper

TAK9.com sponsored ringer Yoon, Hong Kyoon

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2012 at 1:22am
Two short news:
- Nexy has posted a description and pictures of Calix II in his designer's diary.
- Nexy Calix can be currently purchased for $105 instead of $150.
Join the Nexy Clan!
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2012 at 1:26am
Tried few other brands, but came back for greatest NEXY blade. LABYRINTHOS 
HowToPlayChineseLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2012 at 3:51pm
add me to the clan.

Now, I live in France, professor.
I will purchase Calix FL, 82g.
FH = H3 Neo 2.15mm
BH = Ten 05
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2012 at 9:32pm
Professor in France, once you get your paws on the Calix II and the upcoming 3rd version Qabod, you will want to hit with those. Calix series gets better with each new model.
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2012 at 10:41pm
I recently put some rubbers on my Color and was amazed at how this blade behaves. I am definiatley going to get rid of the Expert as it is just no comparison.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
HowToPlayChineseLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2012 at 11:04pm

Professor in France, once you get your paws on the Calix II and the upcoming 3rd version Qabod, you will want to hit with those. Calix series gets better with each new model.

So as your opinion, Qabod is better than Calix II and better than Calix?

Do you think the thickness of Calix (5mm) and Calix II (5.4mm) will change the looping type?

As I know, that the thinner blade will be more flexible, and will good for the harder rubber. I play H3 Neo as FH, so that's why I buy Calix.

Maybe, you will change my opinion. I'm searching the information of Qabod too. 
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2012 at 1:06am
Professor in France, you have to understand that I am a regular and forever user of Timo Boll Spirit (and now ALC). None of the blades Nexy has made are like a TBS, but then what blade is like a TBS? Few. Calix is a different animal and slower than TBS with its own characteristics. Calix II was MUCH more closer to the speed of TBS, but again, it has its own properties. Calix is a great blade. I liked Calix II even more as it played closer in speed to a TBS. I didn't have to change much of my game to play with Calix II. Even the BH wing, the ball was slower coming off the bat, which helps BH short pushing. The prototype of Qabod that I played with on a visit to Nexy HQ, that REALLY got my interest going. The prototype was equipped with Calibra LT and I forget the BH rubber, but MAN, that blade was REAL close to TBS performance on looping and re-looping. Great feel, great speed, great control, but blade is thinner of course and is obviously not a TBS.

Thickness of a blade is a big factor in loop-ability, but not the only consideration. it is possible to make a relatively stiff blade that will flex enough with a big impact like Calix.

As for what ever blade being good with hard rubber, I agree the stiff blades are good for a hard rubber. Aurus is a very hard rubber in its regular version and it is my FH rubber of choice. Aurus on a TBS is great, so is Aurus on a Calix or Calix II. What is required to make good spin and control on looping with a hard sponged rubber like Aurus is high racket speed at impact using the whole body.

I forsee the Qabod to be really good with Aurus. If the prototype resembles the future release of the Qabod, then a Qabod/Aurus/BH rubber of choice will shape up to be one sweet setup.

A couple months ago was my hit with the Qabod and it was a few months from being finalized for production. maybe we see it in a while. Pr. Moon will prolly make an update sometime. I will likely not make another visit to his HQ until September.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2012 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by HowToPlayChineseLoop HowToPlayChineseLoop wrote:

add me to the clan.

Now, I live in France, professor.
I will purchase Calix FL, 82g.
FH = H3 Neo 2.15mm
BH = Ten 05

You're in!
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2012 at 2:39am
I've added a list of Nexy blades in the first post and started adding links to review threads.
Join the Nexy Clan!
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2012 at 12:25pm
Question: do Nexy blades need to be sealed prior to sticking rubbers?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2012 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Question: do Nexy blades need to be sealed prior to sticking rubbers?

Some do - my Nexy Color certainly needed it.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2012 at 12:32pm
An info table with Nexy reviews is already here

http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31839
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2012 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

An info table with Nexy reviews is already here
http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31839

Great, I'd seen it but I must have forgotten. I'll add a link.
Join the Nexy Clan!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic