FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Clan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 3:10am
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

Dear Nexy, can you please tell us what the dimensions of the blade face is?

According to tak9.com it's 164x157mm.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 3:12am
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Aktium is 9 plies blade.
The darkest parts are composed of two layers.
I asked my staff to correct 7 plies into 9 plies.
Thank you.

I see it has been corrected in the meantime.
I also corrected the first post of this thread.
Thanks.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 3:14am
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

Dear Nexy, can you please tell us what the dimensions of the blade face is?

Just for your referrence, the blade size is quite similiar to Joo Sae Huyk blade.

Edited by Nexy - 10/23/2014 at 3:16am
Brand Manager of NEXY
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 11:36pm
Mr. Moon, i switched the inverted side to the acacia and the white ash for the 837 long pips. what i found out is that the acacia side is also good with control but the white ash still feels faster but when i tried chopping with the white ash, it was easier to chop, weird huh??? 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 5:52am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Mr. Moon, i switched the inverted side to the acacia and the white ash for the 837 long pips. what i found out is that the acacia side is also good with control but the white ash still feels faster but when i tried chopping with the white ash, it was easier to chop, weird huh??? 

I think it depends on your style.
Basically, they have the same speed, with the same composition.
Just I chose different surface wood.
So, it's not very surprising news.
I just wish you could be successful with this blade.
Brand Manager of NEXY
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2014 at 8:42pm
Mr. Moon, actually i like the blade. I just discovered that the white ash side seems to go with an 837 LP better than the acacia side. Maybe put a faster rubber on the acacia side to make it faster. my intermediate LP student seems to enjoy the actium now and he can chop block or flick using LP on that blade better.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2014 at 8:45pm
let me add that the blade can loop and attack too. i'm not just used to the size of the blade but yet it can be a modern defender's blade

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2014 at 4:39pm
I'm really excited about the possibility of Nexy designing and producing a blade that allows me and others to STOP the search for discontinued or soon-to-be discontinued blades like Schlager Carbon, Sardius, Gergely, etc.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2014 at 1:20am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I'm really excited about the possibility of Nexy designing and producing a blade that allows me and others to STOP the search for discontinued or soon-to-be discontinued blades like Schlager Carbon, Sardius, Gergely, etc.

Yes, I will continue to write how I develop the blade in your thread.
That was a good point for NEXY to grab and to challenge.
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 1:21am
First post updated with Tommy Zai's review of Calix II
Join the Nexy Clan!
rajd1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajd1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 2:31pm
I am a Proud owner of Actium.
...Rajd...

My feedback url: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72846&PN=1#893078
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by rajd1234 rajd1234 wrote:

I am a Proud owner of Actium.

Actium is a fine choice. That's the blade I am currently using. It's slightly oversized for excellent blocking and defense, but has plenty of power for all distances (with the right coverings, of course).
rajd1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajd1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2015 at 12:56am
The best part for me is everybody here in my club knows the brand Tibhar. But they didn't knew about this blade. And it kind of makes me the one with "Green Lantern" Tongue

...Rajd...

My feedback url: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72846&PN=1#893078
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 12:33am
may I join the nexy clan =]
rajd1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajd1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 12:35am
What Nexy blade you have got? Smile
...Rajd...

NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 12:51am
calix 1 :) 
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 1:12am
I've started updating the first posts again, but I need some time for catching up with the reviews.
rajd1234 and NoRema, welcome to the clan!
Join the Nexy Clan!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 5:03am
Originally posted by NoRema NoRema wrote:

calix 1 :) 

Awesome. I think it's my favourite Nexy blade, even after all these years. There's just nothing else like it on the market. Special feel.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
puyol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puyol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2015 at 11:54am
Good Morning, Everyone.

I am a happy owner of Lissom, Calix II, and Calix, acquired and played with in that order.

A few words:

I've been training more or less seriously for about 5-6 years, pushing 40 now. Consequently, I know that I cannot compete seriously with people who have been playing for decades, IF i try and do what they do. I try to play with people like that, almost exclusively these days. The only way I can possibly offer myself as a worthy opponent against those people is by being unpredictable and at the same time consistent. The three Nexy blades I mentioned above allow me to do that more then anything else I've tried.

Presently I'm using Calix II with GoldArc 3 FH and MX-P backhand, which I switched to from Lissom as I find the Calix II much more reliable with the plastic ball. I had Rhyzm on both sides of Lissom and it worked superb with the cell ball, much less consistency with the plastic ball, don't know why really. I've tried Calix, too, but cannot seem to find a good combination for "being aggressive" with it, with the plastic ball. I don't think I will ever go back to using soft rubbers.

That's it, thanks.
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2015 at 12:35pm
I own Arirang Peterpan and Spear.
peter pan at the first met, i hate the handle i hate the weight, after times, I switch back to other blades and came back to peter pan again and again,that it became my favorite and main set up.

I tell you how good it is, first it is an all wood blade, nice feel, large sweet spot, enough speed and dwell time, its very balance in every term I can think of and enough amount of bang impact not too much like arirang.

Its not the best for every one but I recommend it for all wood lover!!!
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2015 at 9:16pm
A few players I've worked with love Peterpan.
Here's a mss from one of them. Rated around 2350-2400. Using Jun M for a while and wanted to slow it down for more control. Tried 4-5 NEXY blades and he picked Peterpan.
He won his first tournament playing with Peterpan.

"Hello, Micaiah Skolnick here again. I am writing to you from my dorm room a week after the St. Louis Open hosted by Lindenwood University. The tournament was a great success for me as I was fortunate enough to take first place in the A division. Although my main competition was from my teammates, the tournament was still a great proving ground as it was my first using the Nexy Peterpan blade. Over-all I am very happy with the blade’s performance. I did notice that I missed some reflex shots because I had been playing with my old blade for so long, but I am sure within a short amount of time I will be acclimated to the new feel of the Peterpan and those select few shots will no longer be an issue. Enjoy your ping pong adventures this week and think about giving the Peterpan a try!"

Edited by bogeyhunter - 05/14/2015 at 9:17pm
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2015 at 3:55am
Added Akrasia, Chedech, and Zealot to the table on the first post.

Any reviews of Akrasia or Zealot?

Would be interested to know how Akrasia compares to other fast blades and how Zealot compares to the other all-wood Nexy blades like Peterpan or Lissom.
Join the Nexy Clan!
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2015 at 4:32am
Zealot review by shuki from ttd:

To describe it in one word, I would just say it's balanced. All of the Nexy blades I've used stood out in some way, making them feel very unique. However, the zealot feels so balanced that i can't say its extraordinary in any one aspect. With that being said, it also doesn't feel like it's lacking in any area.

The zealot is a 5ply all wood blade with a mystery new surface veneer made for the polyball. Although it's a 5ply blade, it feels more like a 7ply blade.

Blocking

When blocking with the zealot it's very easy to do aggressive blocks or "punch" blocks. However if you're the type of player who prefers the loose-grip passive blocking style this is going to be more of a struggle for you. The control on the blocks is superb but it's very hard to block the ball short. A player using this blade will find it to be a much easier time blocking this quickly.

Close Loops

In my opinion this is where the blade struggles the most. When doing a very close to the table loop, it's very difficult to get the ball to drop quicker and i found every loop going long and off the table. This made me extremely uncomfortable looping a ball that was close to the table and i lost confidence in even attempting these loops. The best way i found to solve this problem is to do a very hard push instead of loop at the short range. This caused the next ball to come off the table longer for an easier loop.

Mid-range Loops

Mid range loops are where this blade truly shines. I was able to get quite a bit of power off these loops, almost as if it had carbon in the blade. It provided a slightly lower throw angle than you would expect from a 5ply all wood blade, but it still maintained the ease of looping that you would have come to love from them.

Flicks

There was quite a bit of dwell time on the the blade so flicks seemed fairly easy. The only issue i found from the flicks was that they seemed a bit slow. Although they were slow they more than made up for the speed with a lot of spin. This allowed you to get ready for the next shot.

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2015 at 11:26am
I did not play long enough to post a real review, but I can tell you my impressions.

Zealot is a very nice looking blade, which is made for looping from wherever, no matter if you are playing close to the table or midsize, but I have also to say, that I never played with a blade, which has so different skills, depending on the rubbers you use.

In the first training I started with my normal setup: Adidas P7 on forehand and Tibhar MX-S on backhand. With this setup Adidas P7 really shines on forehand. MX-S on backhand did not fit perfect. So I decided to test it with an other backhand rubber: Andro Hexer Duro. Now the backhand fits better, but P7 on the forehand lost most of it`s looping-skills. Shocked 

I am totally confused, because I never noticed such big differences on other blades.
The next season begins in 3 weeks. Therefore I decided to stop the Zealot-tests.
If you want to test this beauty yourself, please look in my FS-thread.
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2015 at 3:25pm
very bizzare :)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2015 at 12:31am
Decided to keep Qabod . . . can't part with it, and if I'm unable to part with something, it must be special!

Edited by tommyzai - 08/13/2015 at 12:18pm
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2015 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

I did not play long enough to post a real review, but I can tell you my impressions.

Zealot is a very nice looking blade, which is made for looping from wherever, no matter if you are playing close to the table or midsize, but I have also to say, that I never played with a blade, which has so different skills, depending on the rubbers you use.

In the first training I started with my normal setup: Adidas P7 on forehand and Tibhar MX-S on backhand. With this setup Adidas P7 really shines on forehand. MX-S on backhand did not fit perfect. So I decided to test it with an other backhand rubber: Andro Hexer Duro. Now the backhand fits better, but P7 on the forehand lost most of it`s looping-skills. Shocked 

I am totally confused, because I never noticed such big differences on other blades.
The next season begins in 3 weeks. Therefore I decided to stop the Zealot-tests.
If you want to test this beauty yourself, please look in my FS-thread.

Just several words to add.
Please, test Airoc Astro on Zealot's back hand side.
You will know what I designed.
Thank you.

Edited by Nexy - 08/13/2015 at 9:19am
Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2015 at 11:46am
Is there a special thread for a Akrasia and Zealot comparison or a review of either? Or, are most of the comments on this thread? 
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2015 at 3:22pm
So i've been using the zealot for about 3 weeks, here is my review:

Gameplay: two-winged looper, strong serves, weak serve return, weak blocker, strong counter-looping, typically play close to table and mid-distance (4-8 ft away from table), current USATT is 1700, dropped a few points at the US open

Comparison: Blades used for long periods of time: viscaria FL, peterpan FL, killerspin diamond TC ST, avalox BT555

Rubbers:
FH = Tibhar Evo MX-S; have used big dipper, T05, P7, and palio blitz for long periods
BH = Tenergy 25-FX; have used rasant grip, P7, palio blitz, and vega pro for long periods

I'm not a fan of going thru each stroke for a blade because rubber plays a huge part in that. So I've decided to go thru the characteristics of the blade itself. Since I've been using the same rubbers on the zealot, peterpan, and viscaria, the difference stand out more.

Dwell time: zealot has great dwell time, but less than peterpan and more than viscaria. viscaria is already sort of the in between from carbon to all-wood, zealot is in between viscaria and all-wood

Speed: this blade is fast, it is faster than the viscaria and the peterpan, it is really nice for counter-looping away from the table, but sometimes my close to the table loops will go long when i don't expect them too. when my coach tried it, he thought it was carbon at first because of how fast it was

Flex: so this surprised me, i always thought that flex and dwell time went hand in hand, but the zealot is stiff with quite a bit of dwell time so it makes for a really interesting feel

Feeling/Control: Like I said in the flex section, this blade is quite unique because i feel the long dwell time, but the blade doesnt really flex all that much, I'm sort of still scratching my head about how this happens. Regardless I really like the feeling because my blo cking (one of my weaknesses) is quite consistent with zealot, but i must admit, i almost always active block and never passive block. also my countering/hitting is accurate (probably from the stiffness). but when i play a slower stroke like a brush loop, the dwell time really helps my control in slow looping. it's so weird because these are opposite attributes. The stiffness and dwell time are more noticeable on the strokes that rely on them the most. either way the control on the zealot is weird and wonderful

Overall: the combination of long dwell time and good speed sold me on this blade. my coach said he preferred it over my viscaria (he hasn't tried the peterpan), and he has one ordered and on the way, so for what it's worth, i think this blade's feel is really different than a lot of other blades. definitely try it. I think some players will love it and some will hate it, it definitely rewards the more aggressive style of play with active strokes.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2015 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

I own Arirang Peterpan and Spear.
peter pan at the first met, i hate the handle i hate the weight, after times, I switch back to other blades and came back to peter pan again and again,that it became my favorite and main set up.

I tell you how good it is, first it is an all wood blade, nice feel, large sweet spot, enough speed and dwell time, its very balance in every term I can think of and enough amount of bang impact not too much like arirang.

Its not the best for every one but I recommend it for all wood lover!!!

Is peterpan supposed to be along the lines of a korbel blade?   I inherited a couple of nexys.  One was a PP straight, and one was a penhold nexy with something about feeding hungry kids on it.  Lissom? Looked like anigre outers.  I sold the pen already and gave the PP to a friend that uses a korbel straight.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
  Share Topic