Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Illusion Killer blade review!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Illusion Killer blade review!
    Posted: 03/22/2012 at 9:03pm

Received this blade to test from Tibhar. I requested for this blade specifically because I was intrigued by this for the reason that a lot of people before are asking Tibhar why this blade is not in their catalog and why it is available mostly on Asian markets only. This is also one of the few blades I'm looking to add to my 7 ply all wood collection of blades.

Blade: Tibhar Illusion Killer 
Weight: 81.6 gms
Blade Head Size:  149 x155mm
Test rubbers: Tibhar 1Q, Dawei 2008 super power rubber
Plies: 7 all wood (koto? - ayous? - spruce? - balsa - spruce? - ayous? - koto?)

basing on the outer plies, I say its koto due to the small squarish shapes along the wood grain. the 2nd layer looked like ayous when compared to my blades with ayous layers, the 3rd layers looks like spruce and the center core is definitely balsa. I would appreciate it if somebody more knowledgeable than me in wood compositions would correct me.

This blue blade is one of the better looking Tibhar blades that I have ever seen. I think the H-1-9 and H-3-9 are still the best looking Tibhar blades and one of the most beautiful among the famous brands. 

I got a chance to test this yesterday along with the 1Q rubber. The blade is very light due to its smaller head compared to other blades of other brands. When hitting the ball on drills it didn't feel too stiff rather I felt a lot of control on some of the power shots. I would say this can be considered an off speed blade, the speed is like that of a regular clipper wood or the xiom amadeus. This blade has some sort of flex with it. Its greatest strength would be that it is a controlled attacker's blade good for looping up to middle distance. A faster rubber would be required if you play long distance. While looping with the blade, I felt a lot of control on my shots with sufficient speed. Also, this blade is very good doing short strokes inside the table. Its smaller head made it easier to do drop shots, short push chops and flicks. The vibration is minimal and is a good thing among players. I would recommend this blade for all wood blade lovers who are very particular in controlling their offensive shots with emphasis in placement and control.

personal rating:
weight: 10/10 its very light
speed: 7.5/10
control: 9/10
playability: 8/10
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 6:28am
used it again today this time with a soft chinese rubber on the forehand. soft chinese rubbers are ok with this blade but i think the harder ones like hurricanes and skylines will be better.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 6:54am
This blade is excellent for all types of pips (which is why it's primary target is Asian markets, I suppose) because hitting with it is a kind of magic - it really feels like the blade has an automatic gearbox inside. And this is the first blade a bought a back up for Smile

I agree with most of your points, only thing I would add is that Cpen version has a normal size head, maybe even a bit more wider closer to the handle than other my Cpen blades...
Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 7:07am
stef, yeah, cpen on most parts have a larger blade head than the shakehand blades

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 10:39am
I'm sure that's a good blade but the asthetics are butt ugly. LOL
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 10:52am
maybe the handle needs a lil bit of improvement. the blade itself is pretty though

Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 11:39am
The blade has exactly the same outer ply like my Tibhar Defense Plus. So, you think it is a Koto? It feels very hard on my blade.
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
bibigon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 2:52pm
The dyed outer ply looks similar to CTTA Super League Pro Flex - 7 ply all wood with a rather flat handle.
Viscaria light; BH: Baracuda 2.0; FH: H3NP 38° black
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic