FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

zhang jike's cho

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: zhang jike's cho
    Posted: 04/29/2012 at 12:22pm
i watched a few zhang jike vids and then it popped in my mind that maybe one of the reasons he wins most of the time (except against ma long) is because of his cho. it really sounds cool, it pumps me up by just listening to it

i also noticed he doesnt really cho all the time like ma long or wang hao. usually he doesnt cho in the first sets. its like he chooses certain points to cho, anybody noticed that? maybe you guys know what points he usually chos on
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- Donic Barracuda

BH -- Friendship 729 FX Supersoft

My EJ senses are Tingling!
...but never willing to spend more than $100 for a single rubber or blade
zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 12:42pm
Yeah, I'm sure that's it. It's nothing to do with his advanced backhand technique.
 Liu Guoliang does intensive training on 'cho' psychology, but he reserves the most advanced training for Zhang Jike, focussing on point timing, accent (Cantonese for preference), pronunciation- 'a little more CH there, Jike, less O', and split-second timing -'wait until you can sense the defeat at its maximum in the opponent's eyes'. 
Say it isn't so.Pig
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 12:49pm
ok that was funny
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- Donic Barracuda

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 2:55am
Originally posted by zzzuppp zzzuppp wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure that's it. It's nothing to do with his advanced backhand technique.
 Liu Guoliang does intensive training on 'cho' psychology, but he reserves the most advanced training for Zhang Jike, focussing on point timing, accent (Cantonese for preference), pronunciation- 'a little more CH there, Jike, less O', and split-second timing -'wait until you can sense the defeat at its maximum in the opponent's eyes'. 
Say it isn't so.Pig

choing!!   http://www.eurominichamps.com/uploads/images/tof2011/110827_bg/110827_emc11%20(40).jpg

ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 3:29am
You know those Cho's from Japanese womans team where there were like 6 to 8 yrs old?
Those cho are so cute and make me laugh all the time.
I won't even be able to concentrate if I am playing against them
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
Rizzelet View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rizzelet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 11:49am
Sounds like a dog's bark/woof to me.
GALAXY Moon
BUTTERFLY Defense Pro
DHS C&F III
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 12:31pm

Say it isn't so.Pig
Great - finally a technique I can possibly master. Great - I can forget about the bh, fh, service/returns
YYYYEEEESSSS!!!....I mean CHO!....
hmmm might be harder than I though!
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Rizzelet Rizzelet wrote:

Well then I can say, if those little girls play and beat you. Can I say you were beaten by a person that bark/woof like a dog?

President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Say it isn't so.Pig
Great - finally a technique I can possibly master. Great - I can forget about the bh, fh, service/returns

In the Dortmund to London interview, LGL did say that Ma Long and Zhang Jike has all the physical requirements, but lack mental requirement. And that is an important training factor for the near future.

I wonder what is the training schedule like for this "mental" side of TT.
Must be interesting
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
Rizzelet View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rizzelet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Well then I can say, if those little girls play and beat you. Can I say you were beaten by a person that bark/woof like a dog?

lol I was referring to Zhang Jike's "cho" in particular. But yeah, you could say that. You can say whatever you want.
GALAXY Moon
BUTTERFLY Defense Pro
DHS C&F III
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 2:22pm

lol I was referring to Zhang Jike's "cho" in particular. But yeah, you could say that. You can say whatever you want.
Just joking with you man.

I had an experience playing against a top junior about 8 years ago.
He was about 11 or 12yrs old, and small for his age as his paddle is mostly below the playing surface area when he stands.

I took pity, played gently and didn't attack (tought how can an "adult" attack this young "boy"), guess what happened to me........
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 3:24pm
maybe we should all do away with CHOing after we win a point and just grunt during the rallies like tennis players do.  Those female players grunt/scream at the top of their lungs when they hit a ball and it's so annoying! Maybe I'll start grunting like that when I loop a ball. Ha. 
Donic Aratox RS
Bluefire M3 Max
Victas VO > 102 1.8
Rating 2183
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 3:39pm
otcharov grunts
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- Donic Barracuda

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 4:03pm
I like Ovtcharov...good player. 
Donic Aratox RS
Bluefire M3 Max
Victas VO > 102 1.8
Rating 2183
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 1:15am
Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

i watched a few zhang jike vids and then it popped in my mind that maybe one of the reasons he wins most of the time (except against ma long) is because of his cho. it really sounds cool, it pumps me up by just listening to it

i also noticed he doesnt really cho all the time like ma long or wang hao. usually he doesnt cho in the first sets. its like he chooses certain points to cho, anybody noticed that? maybe you guys know what points he usually chos on

ZJK's Cho is more like "Cho there"
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 2:20am
how come he doesnt cho in the first set like ma long?
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- Donic Barracuda

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 2:56am
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

ZJK's Cho is more like "Cho there"

Cho where? oh Cho there.... Wink
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 10:22pm

Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Say it isn't so.Pig

In the Dortmund to London interview, LGL did say that Ma Long and Zhang Jike has all the physical requirements, but lack mental requirement. And that is an important training factor for the near future.

I wonder what is the training schedule like for this "mental" side of TT.
Must be interesting

They do that in CNT all the time, like starting from 9:9 tie, giving points to opponent's favor and playing crowd noise during internal matches and having the whole team cheering for opponent's points, etc
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 10:45pm
it's not a cho in his case.
it's "guoreeee!!!!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic