FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rakza 7 vs Rakza 7 soft Surface

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rakza 7 vs Rakza 7 soft Surface
    Posted: 05/24/2012 at 7:30pm
This might be a strange question....

I have a Rakza 7, that I bought from a friend (Yasaka agent) of mine who gets its from Sweden.
I later bought a Rakza 7soft from a Yasaka agent in Taiwan.
Both are Black sheets and Max sponge.

Now these Rakza 7 all come with protective foil. And as per my understanding, the top sheet is the same and only different sponge.

I first played with Rakza 7, and after cleaning the topsheet, I would put the foil on.
The topsheet and foil actually kind of "sticks" together (no tackiness). I also believe the surface is more grippier than Rakza 7soft.

On my Rakza 7 soft, I notice it is not as grippy and notice that the foil doesn't stick to the topsheet at all. I might be able to get some sort of stick if the topsheet is still slightly wet from rubber cleaner, but still no where close to Rakza7....

And if I turn the paddle (with Rakza 7soft) upside down, the foil will fall off easily.
I was waving the Rakza 7, and it still stick on nicely.
I also swap the protection foil around with same results

I do have another Rakza 7 from Taiwan that is uncut (don't think I will be using it until later in the year), and don't have another Rakza 7soft to test.

Now what should I gather from this?
Has any other Rakza users noticed something similiar?

Edited by ZApenholder - 05/24/2012 at 7:30pm
Sponsored Links

pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 7:50pm
I have 3 black sheets, one Rakza 7 1.8mm, one Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm and one Rakza 7 soft max.  All my top sheets are identical, but I wish the Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm was red.   I bought these in February of 2011.  My sheets came with protection foils but the top sheets aren't tacky so the don't pick up much dust.  I have cases for the paddles anyway.  I bought all of my Rakzas from the Paddle Palace when the had the initial low price of about $38.     I currently use the Rakza 7 1.8mm on the FH on one of my Samsonov Alphas.   
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 7:58pm
does your protection sheet stick on all your Rakzas?
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 8:07pm
I have Rakza 7 red (2.0) and Rakza 7 Soft black (1.8), both relatively new and cared for - always wiped down with cleaner after play and foil on. I've never really noticed a difference in the top sheet but now that you're saying I had them checked and the soft one seems to be a little bit more tacky. Not by much though. I think it's a quality control issue.
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 8:33pm
I used to use Rakza 7 soft. The topsheet stuck to the foil no problem.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 10:03pm
hmm my Rakza 7 has problems sticking to the foil after the first week. i breathed on it to make it stick better with no prevail....
RSM Special Platinum T64
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic