FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar 5Q review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 8:11am
I have stuck the same sheet of Omega IV pro 2-3 times onto blades with Klebstoff Imperial (regular voc glue not speed glue), no shrinkage or problems there. I always use this glue a water based glue is too much hassle.

Edited by riker71 - 06/08/2012 at 8:14am
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 10:14am
sorry but i wont use wbg unless its really needed. im fine with elmer's rc and if there's any difference its not that much since i dont reglue anyway
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 10:17am
and i also want to prove to some people who blame the glue for their rubber's forming bubbles after 3-5 days of use because they didnt use wbg. also the shrinking of the rubber can be minimized if you dont glue your rubber immediately and if you dont press your rollers too much on the rubber when you attach it
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 10:34am
not suitable for ebenholz 7, tried it today and the rubber feels really hard on it. tried it on a clipper hrt clone and it suits just fine

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2012 at 9:14am
after 2 weeks of using this rubber i can say its a goo alternative to T05. what i like about it is that its not too fast like the tenzone but offers the same spin. it seems very durable and would last for about 6 months to average players. 
this would be best for medium hard blades or blades that are not too stiff. works well with blades having koto, limba ad cypress outer plies

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2012 at 8:33am
the 5Q works well with the rosewood XO. my 5Q now is almost a month old still in good 85% condition with no chips or bubbles formed

kuifje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuifje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2012 at 9:25am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

after 2 weeks of using this rubber i can say its a goo alternative to T05. what i like about it is that its not too fast like the tenzone but offers the same spin. it seems very durable and would last for about 6 months to average players. 
this would be best for medium hard blades or blades that are not too stiff. works well with blades having koto, limba ad cypress outer plies

You think it would not work well with softer flexible blades?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2012 at 8:35pm
for people who wants control the softer flexible blades would work and maybe make them do slow loops better but the medium stiff blades bring out the best for the 5Q

kuifje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuifje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2012 at 8:52am
So perhaps for a flexible ALL+ blade 1Q would work better? That's harder isn't it?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2012 at 10:02am
ALL+ is fine, i suggest you try off- blades.. they have the flex yet also offers control and speed

bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 9:47pm
how is 5Q compare to Sigma Pro...? in spin, speed , control, sponge hardness....
thanks...

Edited by bagung - 07/12/2012 at 9:57pm
TB ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, HK3, HH3, HL2 Cpen......
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 9:49pm
the weight seems similar to Tenzone SF...... my SF is 68-69g..
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 10:00pm
havent tried the sigma pro

bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 10:13pm
thanks...
One Table Tennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One Table Tennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2012 at 9:41am
Using 5Q on my Tibhar H 3 9 (which I'm using from 15 days or so). Very happy with the 5Q on the backhand. In addition to being a great rubber for backhand (and near to table play), it gives a tremendous underspin that is very deceptive.

Clap
Editor, http://www.tabletennisbug.com

Facebook - Menas Jagadish

Blades- Tibhar H 3 9

Rubbers - Rakza 7 Soft, Tibhar 5Q
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2012 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by One Table Tennis One Table Tennis wrote:

Using 5Q on my Tibhar H 3 9 (which I'm using from 15 days or so). Very happy with the 5Q on the backhand. In addition to being a great rubber for backhand (and near to table play), it gives a tremendous underspin that is very deceptive.

Clap

nice! i agree with your findings because the 5Q is really good in doing underspin serves. its like you don't need to do a lot of movements to produce heavy under spin serves making people think that you are serving a no spin serve

pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 7:58am
Hi Yogi,

Can you compare this rubber to Tibhar Genius? Now I'm using the genius but would like a bit more speed. Also how about durability? Genius not that great. I saw on the package, the hardness is softer by 2.5 degree of genius (47.5). 

Also how about the hardness compare to rakza 7?

Edited by pak abu - 09/11/2012 at 9:12am
DHS TG 506+

FH: JOOLA Rhyzm (black, max)

BH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft (red,2.0mm)

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 9:15am
rakza 7 and genius regular are both harder than the 5Q. the 5Q is faster than both rubbers though. I say when attacking the spin of the 5Q is amazing. on pushes or serves i think its equal to genius

pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 9:21am
Thanks.. need to make up my mind again. As I feel the speed of rakza 7 is right for me. But the spin of 5Q attract me to it..Smile..

Do you thing it will feel mushy on 1ply hinoki?
DHS TG 506+

FH: JOOLA Rhyzm (black, max)

BH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft (red,2.0mm)

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 7:55am
the 5Q is not mushy. its a medium rubber. its fast on a 1 ply hinoki

tg3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 8:19am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

the 5Q is not mushy. its a medium rubber. its fast on a 1 ply hinoki

is 5Q harder or softer than tenergy 64?

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 9:49am
5Q is a lil firmer

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 10:43am
5q is softer than rak7 and genius but hardee than t64? Not possible
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 12:47pm
That depends on what blade you playing it on.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2012 at 1:55am
at last I've played with 5Q and its not what I expected.

They say its the softest rubber of the Q family. So I expected a mid soft rubber like aurus soft, rakza7 soft, tenergy 05 fx etc... But its hard. Lets say mid hard like t64. And its really heavy. Its much much heavier than tenergy 05 fx.

So:
Speed: Its a fast and bouncy rubber like tenergy. But feeling is between tenzone and acuda series.  And red sheet of 5Q looks like very much tenzone sf and acuda series. Speed is just a bit slower than tenzone and acuda s1 turbo. but still its a fast one.

Spin: Its very very spinny( like tenergy) But somewhat its not that sensitive to incoming spin. Lots of people would like this but I dont. I'm a spin based player and I like to use my opponents spin to create speed and rotation. With 5Q you have to play a bit more active...

Throw: Its between t05 and t64. But closer to the t64. So throw angle is a bit flat. Blocking and smashing is much better than t05.  Its just not so sensitive to the incoming spin so sometimes if you're a bit lazy than your topspins goes in to the net.

Other stuff: Its a heavy rubber.
Loud when you block+smash but its not soft.

Its much heavier, faster and harder than I expected so I got some issues with the control department.
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2012 at 6:50am

Hello friends,

wow and this is for 5q. But out there has 1q. It must be heavier and faster. I'm not finish Smile.

Out there has and 1qxd ... beast ... heavier and faster. My 1qxd, 2.1 weigh 49 grams cut to schlager carbon. 5q must weigh 45 grams cut for butterflay head size 157/150. Good luck.

right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2012 at 2:05am
Does 5Q suit nittaku violin 5 ply ? 
I intend to substitute genius regular to 5Q (1.9) on my BH and my strength is my open loops , drives and BH punch , does those stroke this rubber ?
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2012 at 2:33am
Recently, had a short hit with the following rubbers, alternating them when doing a FH to FH and BH to BH hit.... 5Q, P5, Rakza 7 Soft, Rasant. Thus would like to just share my opinion..

Spin on serve (Backspin) : All spinny. Rasant feel a little spinnier...not obvious. My opponent and myself can't really tell the significant differences between the rest. 
Speed : Rasant > 5Q, P5 > R7 Soft
Throw (high to low): 5Q/P5, R7 Soft, Rasant

Rasant always go off the table or hit the baseline when using the same stroke..
I've played with T05 and like it very much. 5Q and P5 feel and play like T05.

All rubbers seems to work well for FH except that Rasant is more suitable for mid distance game. All except Rasant is recommended for BH, but thinner sponge, e.g. 1.9 or 2mm.

Amount them, I like P5 most for both FH and BH : ) followed by 5Q.

I love cheap and good blades that suit my game...
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2012 at 3:17am
Originally posted by right2niru right2niru wrote:

Does 5Q suit nittaku violin 5 ply ? 
I intend to substitute genius regular to 5Q (1.9) on my BH and my strength is my open loops , drives and BH punch , does those stroke this rubber ?
@yogi_bear / peter79/debraj : any expert views ? 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
One Table Tennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One Table Tennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2012 at 6:18am
Overall, a good rubber. Very heavy underspin especially with a new rubber. It is best for near to mid table play. Good for punching blocks, not the very best for normal blocks. Very good for strong counter hitting. 
Editor, http://www.tabletennisbug.com

Facebook - Menas Jagadish

Blades- Tibhar H 3 9

Rubbers - Rakza 7 Soft, Tibhar 5Q
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic