Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Texo Off & Texo C7 carbon reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Texo Off & Texo C7 carbon reviews
    Posted: 06/05/2012 at 8:17am
got these 2 blades along with the sigma sensitec from tibhar germany

Texo Off

weight: 87 grams
size: 151mm x 155mm
plies: 6 all wood top layer doesnt look like limba, i see an ayous inner layer
thickness: 5.4mm (its the same thickness with my yasaka galaxya)
hardness: medium stiff
speed: off-
rubbers used: KTL Golden star (fast attack) max, Tibhar Aurus soft max, RITC 802-40 SP

this checkered blade had given me interest when i was told by tibhar that they will be sending me this blade. the blade is quite balanced. i would attribute this to its smaller head size compared to other brands. this 5.4mm thick blade produces a "thok!' sound when bouncoced with a ball with no rubbers attached to the blade. the outer layer is a very smooth wood. i still need to check what kind of a wood it is because its not limba and it has very fine wood lines.

i choose to glue a chinese rubber and the tibhar aurus soft on the texo off because i needed to know the compatibility of the above mentioned rubbers. the blade handle is comfortable enough and not too rough on its texture though i love the design of the sigma sensitec more because it has a thicker handle and its smoother. i used the lkt golden star as my forehand rubber first. while doing drills i noticed that the blade has ample speed. i would rate it as off- because its not too fast and the feel is not that hard upon impact on the ball. while brushing the ball on a forehand topspin against blocks i noticed its more on control and dwell time with a low to medium throw. it didnt feel heavy when i was using it eve with the chinese rubber on one side. I would say this is a controlled attacker's blade. Looping and pushing seems to be very good because of the control. The feel is also good. The not-too-stiff feels provides excellent feedback minus the unwanted vibrations. this is the first time i have used a 6ply blade. its stronger than any other off- 5 ply but a bit weaker than 7 ply wood blades. 

good points:

Looping - both fast and slow spinny loops are this blade's forte. if you wanted more speed it can be compensated by a stronger stroke. the tibhar grip S rubbers would pair well with this blade aside from other chinese rubbers. hard euro rubbers like genius and the like are also perfect.

short game - makes accurate shots like short pushes, drop shots and flicks. Placement of shots are notable.

Blocking - due to its high amount of control blocking is very good also. 

Short pips blade - very compatible with a short pip. I attached a 2.0mm red 802-40 and it pairs well with the blade using the SP in my backhand. 

cons:

distance - definitely a close to the table attacker's blade. players who wanted a faster blade and stays mid distance are encouraged to take the C7 carbon version instead.

speed - players who want more speed may need to use a faster rubber like the 1Q or 5Q n this blade.

Conclusion:

This would be an excellent for players who emphasize control on their loops and placement. Also, excellent if the players do a lot of placement on pushes and flicks. favorable also to developing players in the intermediate level due to its good control.

weight: 82 grams
size: 151mm x 155mm
plies: 5 ply wood + 2 ply carbon (top layer is kiri and has an ayous core)
thickness: 5.9-6.0mm
hardness: nearly stiff
speed: off
rubbers used: KTL Golden star (fast attack) max, Tibhar Aurus soft max, Tibhar 5Q max

This quality looking blade is very light. At 82 grams it feels very balanced even with the heavy 5Q and medium weight aurus soft rubbers. Bouncing the ball into the bare blade has a medium pitch sound. The carbon layer is on the 3rd and 5th layers of the blade.

The C7 is a notch faster than its 6 ply Texo off brother. I consider this blade as OFF and not an OFF+ blade even with the carbon layers. Its definitely fast like on the level of a yasaka malin soft  carbon and  adidas fibertec classic. 

pros:

lightweight attacking blade - its light weight permits faster recovery even with heavier rubbers.

speed with control - more than enough speed for faster shots. stronger shots with a touch of control is greatly noted in this blade. it may not be as fast as the samsonov carbon but its fast enough and the control is like that of a faster version of a samsonov alpha blade. 

close and mid distance away from the table - loops and smashes are controllable near the table even at full swing on your strokes. at mid distance, it offers still a good amount of control and power on counter topspins and a fishing stroke.

dwell time - good dwell time on slow and fast loops. 

cons:

long distance - far from the table this blade loses its power. player might change to faster rubbers with longer arc like aurus regular and 1Q if they play away from the table with this blade.

chinese rubbers - it didn't feel right with the KTL golden star chinese rubber maybe the hard sponge was the culprit. i reserving my judgement though because it might be compatible with other hard chinese rubbers. i suspect chinese rubbers like dawei sprungfeder and other medium hardness rubbers that are not tacky and are bouncy will be good for this blade though. 

conclusion:

overall an 8/10 blade for its performance. i strongly suggest this blade for intermediate and advance level players who wants a strong attacking game while maintaining placement and control.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2012 at 3:21pm
Thank You Yogi Bear ! You are the Bear! Excellent and detailed review . I am looking forward to reading about Your and others further experience of playing with these blades .
Anyway what about the third one?

igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2012 at 4:01pm
Hey Yogi,

More great reviews.  You need to stop - you make me want to buy everything.

Any ideas why the Texo Off has the chequered pattern?
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2012 at 7:59pm
andy, i dunno maybe its a part of the design.

igszo, ill post the sigma tomorrow coz i need to watch "Prometheus" today. we are one day ahead in asia
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2012 at 2:32pm
Yogi, it makes me wonder . Which of these three blades would you offer me to pair with my rubbers (see below) . 
igszoctan
Strength and honour
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2012 at 8:16pm
the Texo C7 because your rubbers are really soft. The sigma sensitec is also very good and my favorite among the 3 blades i have reviewed for tibhar as of the moment

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2012 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Hey Yogi,

More great reviews.  You need to stop - you make me want to buy everything.

Any ideas why the Texo Off has the chequered pattern?

He's definitely not an ordinary bear.
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2012 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

the Texo C7 because your rubbers are really soft. The sigma sensitec is also very good and my favorite among the 3 blades i have reviewed for tibhar as of the moment

You mean Texo Off would be too slooow an mushy with them?
igszoctan
Strength and honour
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2012 at 7:23pm
yes the texo c7 would be better because you have very soft rubbers. why not try the sigma sensitec instead? 

PowerLoop! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PowerLoop! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2012 at 6:28pm
Hi. Can you write me, which is outer ply on tibhar texo off?

Big thanks!! :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PowerLoop! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2012 at 6:29pm
Can you write me which is outer ply on tibhar texo off?

Big thanks!! :)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2012 at 7:50pm
kiri outer plies according to tibhar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PowerLoop! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 9:50am
So if kiri on outer ply on tibhar texo off, then this blade is soft yogi_bear ?? :)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 8:34pm
powerloop, its a medium blade. its not too soft due to the carbon layer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PowerLoop! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 9:27pm
Yogi. I asked about tibhar texo off (which is outer ply), not tibhar C7 carbon :)
so ? :)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2012 at 9:44am
oh sorry hehehe, its medium soft for the texo off, the kiri outer ply is for the texo c7. the texo off im not sure if its limba

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PowerLoop! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2012 at 11:53am
heh :) I really want know what is outer ply on texo off, Can you take a new picture on top blade. Maybe I , or somone who's I know can evaluete what it is :) I will very pleased :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PowerLoop! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2012 at 9:12am
yogi - please i really want to know which is outer ply :)
Or maybe you write : soft or hard??
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2012 at 8:46pm
i really am not sure what is the outer ply of the texo off because it doesnt look like limba but it is medium soft outer ply

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2012 at 8:22am
comparing it to my other blades, its top ply looks like ayous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PowerLoop! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2012 at 12:56pm
ayous? if are you sure, really big THANKS for it :)

Best regards :)
Sajid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sajid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 7:23am
SmilePlease tell me whther Texo off is better or Xiom zetro quad is better. Please yogi bear Tongue
Have a Fight , Get it Right
Sajid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sajid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 11:38am
will H3 neo be suitable for this?!
Have a Fight , Get it Right
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2012 at 4:51am
for the texo carbon i think its good to use the H3

el gato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el gato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2012 at 6:26am
yogi i really think to buy texo c7. can you tell me the level of speed and the spin ability of this blade?

texo c7 is off or off- blade. is it faster than rosewood 5?

i am all round offencive player and i play close to the table and sometimes mid distance.

what about the feeling of the blade?

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2012 at 8:14pm
the c7 isnt too stiff for a carbon blade. its what you call a soft carbon. the outer plies are medium stiff and i would rate the blade as off only not off+. it has almost the same level with rosewood 5. its light though

el gato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el gato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2012 at 4:17am
thank you yogiWink
escapevelocity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escapevelocity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2012 at 3:17pm
Hi Yogi,
Thank you for the nice review. How is Texo C7's feedback and is there any vibrations felt?

How do you think it will pair with Nittaku Hammond pro B?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2012 at 11:23pm
havent tried nittaku hammond. it has some vibration but not much because its not too stiff for a blade. it pairs well with medium and soft rubbers

escapevelocity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escapevelocity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2012 at 12:23am
Thank you! So both Texo off and Texo C7 has feedback?

Is Tibhar's Texo C7 something similar to Butterfly keyshot light?

Edited by escapevelocity - 09/18/2012 at 12:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic