Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425>
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

I was fortunate to win the U2000 title at this year's US Nationals :)

Congrats schen!

You actually played my friend in the quarters (the chopper in red shirt). Solid work against non traditional styles in the post group stage games. Very stable and offensive gameplay!
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 9:31pm
Wow s chen, very impressive cpen skills! Did you play other events? With that playing, you looked like you could have taken the next higher event too Thumbs Up
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2018 at 4:39am
Cracking result and some cool highlights from the event. Kudos for grabbing the title and the wicked play.  Thumbs Up
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2018 at 10:11am
Great result and good play, it amazes me though how you have no umpires at a national comp.
The Older I get, The better I was.
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2018 at 2:43pm
I love your style schen- clean attacking strokes, with a smooth kill loop played at the right time- you've improved a ton since I used to watch your videos a few years ago!
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2018 at 4:38pm
Great improvement in footwork, Schen!
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2018 at 2:29pm
Thanks guys!

@SmileTT - I only made it to the first rounds of u2400 and u2200, and division A for the super u2200.   Didn't advance in u2300, open, or u4200 doubles :/

@fatt - remnants from my attempts at defensive play Embarrassed
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2019 at 12:16am
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2019 at 7:30am
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

Good play Eric. What is your equipment set up?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2019 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Just highlights, actually I got my ass kicked and dropped about 50 points. Oh well.
Blade: Ludeack Fleet. This is pretty nice but I need to stay closer and be more aggressive with it, not floating up high balls and retrieving.
FH: T05 2.1. Not a fan. A little too springy and maybe the sheet was too old but I was having some problems with grip and slippage. I will be using Hexer Grip instead tomorrow which I really liked on another blade. 
BH: Dornenglanz OX. Hadn't been using OX anything for years but I have been very impressed with this for all around style. 
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2019 at 1:03pm

Just highlights, actually I got my ass kicked and dropped about 50 points. Oh well.
Blade: Ludeack Fleet. This is pretty nice but I need to stay closer and be more aggressive with it, not floating up high balls and retrieving.
FH: T05 2.1. Not a fan. A little too springy and maybe the sheet was too old but I was having some problems with grip and slippage. I will be using Hexer Grip instead tomorrow which I really liked on another blade. 
BH: Dornenglanz OX. Hadn't been using OX anything for years but I have been very impressed with this for all around style. 
I’ll see you tomorrow Eric, maybe we will have a rematch. 
ustabletennisresults.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/408008237063185
ndotson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndotson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2019 at 5:16pm

Hi Eric,
Just curious if the Hexer Grip worked out any better for you. I typically use T05 2.1 and normally don't have problems with slippage, but last time I played in that venue at SPTTC I had major slippage problems. I think there were some humidity issues as I was constantly having to wipe off my rubber.
-Nick
Korbel
H3 / Curl P1
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2019 at 1:27pm
It was good to see you back in action again, Eric. Sorry, that we didn't get to chat. It was a busy weekend.

Hexer Grip is a GREAT rubber in my opinion if you want to play with non-chinese rubbers.  
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2019 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by ndotson ndotson wrote:

Just curious if the Hexer Grip worked out any better for you. 

Actually I have about 3-4 months at least with Hexer Grip across two (and as of today three) blades and it is easily my favorite tensor (and rubber overall right now). Good spin, good feel, great for control looping, no glaring weaknesses (maybe a little gummy on smashes but I suck at that regardless, though maybe someday I try Powergrip too). HG is just very predictable for me overall, I don't look at my paddle in confusion very much. It will catapult out when you want but also has lower gears. 

T05 was just a one month stint because I happened to have an old sheet laying around when I wanted to try my old Ludeack Fleet and I was being stubborn about it because the first session was a fluke where I ran through the whole club without losing. I always end up disappointed with Tenergy though.

I think it will be fun to try someone's Dignics someday (no way am I buying) but other than that I'm really happy with and confident in HG. 

Edited by Eric Fountain - 04/13/2019 at 10:00pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2019 at 12:02am
I agree with Eric's assessment of Power Grip. It is simply a nice allround offensive modern control rubber that suits a lot of strokes well.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2019 at 9:52pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 2:33am
Very few matches so no sample size but I'm sure he would be the favorite. Just not his day and even then it still took duece in 5.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2019 at 7:57pm
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 8:41am
Nice Video again Smile Thumbs Up. Your games are like Heinz 57 varieties... Never really sure if you'll be winning by chopping, looping or running around like a nutcase getting the ball back that extra time ..but you always work your socks off Thumbs Up .

Cheers

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 9:43am
Very nice Eric. I am EXTREMELY impressed with your twiddling during the point. 
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 3:44pm
Am going to try to get match with Eric while in Oregon.  Should be interesting contrast of styles.  One Energizer Bunny and one slow moving glacier.

Mark
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2019 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Am going to try to get match with Eric while in Oregon.  Should be interesting contrast of styles.  One Energizer Bunny and one slow moving glacier.

Mark
I don't think Eric is that slow.Smile
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2019 at 1:22pm
Highlights from 2019 US Nationals. Note: 3rd opponent was 2200 finalist, 4th opponent 2400 finalist, 5th opponent 50 men finalist. 
Warning - these are highlights. I played many horrible points throughout the week with countless unforced errors not seen in this video. My unofficial results are 25 matches played, winning just 12 of them.

An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2019 at 1:41pm
Even allowing for the fact that it's a highlights film, you looked great.  Those were some of the best shots I've seen from you in a while (compare, for example, to some of your earlier videos in this thread).  You looked more aggressive and your backhand was dynamite.  Very nice!
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Highlights from 2019 US Nationals. Note: 3rd opponent was 2200 finalist, 4th opponent 2400 finalist, 5th opponent 50 men finalist. 
Warning - these are highlights. I played many horrible points throughout the week with countless unforced errors not seen in this video. My unofficial results are 25 matches played, winning just 12 of them.

Fantastic points by you/Heavyspin; like benfb said best I have seen from your play in years. When i make a shot like you did often at that tournament (for me it is like once every other month) I go full on Bobrow.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 3:20pm
Some of those blocks off the bounce are out of this world! since they are flatter than brushing, it takes a great deal of angle and timing to succeed and a life long of experience is showing. It was a pleasure to watch it all.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 5:43pm
Thanks for the compliments. I'm beginning to reap benefits of having great new practice partners (shown here photo of my coaching them to a 3-1 record in the mini-cadet girls team). Their up at the table fast pace game improves my quickness - not necessarily as in moving side to side, but quickness to react and get ready.

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 12:27am
Your use of the "tip up"  Fh block off the bounce to cover shots to your elbow is great.  That could be a game changer for those of us who are footwork challenged.

Your Bh appeared to be flatter and more of a punch than I remembered.  Is that an intended change, just a situational thing, or just totally my imagination?

Mark
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 8:03am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Your use of the "tip up"  Fh block off the bounce to cover shots to your elbow is great.  That could be a game changer for those of us who are footwork challenged.

Your Bh appeared to be flatter and more of a punch than I remembered.  Is that an intended change, just a situational thing, or just totally my imagination?

Mark

HS hit some incredible BH shots with great power. 
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 2:03pm
pro level touch
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425>
  Share Topic