Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 25>
Author
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2016 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

H3Neo on FH and T05 on BH on this one
If I didn't make it clear before, I really like your play.
Sponsored Links

schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2016 at 8:15pm
Thanks! And thank Stellan for guiding me in the right direction :)
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2016 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Quick serving, I have been accused of and have had opponents complain, though the older the opponent, the more the complaint.  But that I definitely have tried to fix though I think my internal clock is now clearly unreliable and I have to do something more deliberate like counting to 5 or 10.  But even then, it is more for my benefit than the opponent, as in TT, you are always allowed to raise your hand to stop the opponent from serving. I need it because I serve too many faults.
I agree that quick serving can also mess up your own game; at least, it's a problem I've seen with other people who serve like that.  However, I think it also impacts your opponent by throwing off their timing in receive.  They might not even realize it's a problem (depends upon how experienced they are).  And only some people do the whole "raising your hand thing." 

I also am pretty confident that left-handed players have some problems seeing you contact.  I'm very experienced with this and I never complain any more because the righties either argue (which I don't like) or they say they'll fix it but they really can't.  You can't assume that just because people don't complain doesn't mean they don't have an issue.

Placeholder

Edited by bard romance - 12/24/2016 at 11:24pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2016 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

H3Neo on FH and T05 on BH on this one

You beat Zaman - the Superman - Molla and you still have your feet on the ground?  Seriously?

Congrats.  Any video of that?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2016 at 11:17pm
Haha unfortunately no, i didnt go into the match thinking i'd have anything intresting come out of it. He seemed a bit under the weather that day too
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 3:24am

Guys here's another video playing the same dude - was not 100% by any means and a bit passive, nevertheless I hope you enjoy
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 7:04pm
Went to play at the ICC saturday league and someone got a video, i m in blue

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 8:08pm
I like your game.  Nice blocking.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2017 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

I like your game.  Nice blocking.

Thank you for the kind words!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2017 at 2:38am
Good Stuff.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2017 at 10:30am
This is me versus our best national player Carlos Machado. I was lucky enough to classify for the final round and play against him. It's an official regional tourney and so embarrassing situation that you don't care about the score but you don't want to be hardly punished, though.

He behaved as a gentleman and let me to play for a while...

https://youtu.be/7xTrMtLcZ_8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LRPgkCCNrCc

Edited by jonyer1980 - 04/09/2017 at 10:31am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2017 at 8:11am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

This is me versus our best national player Carlos Machado. I was lucky enough to classify for the final round and play against him. It's an official regional tourney and so embarrassing situation that you don't care about the score but you don't want to be hardly punished, though.

Impressive.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2017 at 10:20am

You have all the pieces of a solid game and play at a respectable level. A big difference I saw was how much more relaxed Machado's body movements were compared to yours. The constant state of knowing one has to play the top his game just to keep up with a superior opponent's relaxed game can be nerve wracking. I tense up as well in such situations. 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2017 at 12:27pm

Great stuff.
Cybershape Carbon
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2017 at 3:16pm
Many thanks guys, I'm really glad to share it with you
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2017 at 3:53pm
My wins in the O40 PA State Event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm-Gt7_yMuM

Couldn't play after because my right knee issues were aggravated but I was proud of the wins.
Cybershape Carbon
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2017 at 4:41pm

Couldn't play after because my right knee issues were aggravated but I was proud of the wins.
Nice play. 
I had issues (right shoulder) once and stopped table tennis completely for 2 months until a complete recovery.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

Nice play. 
I had issues (right shoulder) once and stopped table tennis completely for 2 months until a complete recovery.
Thanks.  Yeah, I would do that but I have RA so I never know whether anything will ever heal.

Edited by NextLevel - 04/10/2017 at 6:02pm
Cybershape Carbon
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 1:30pm
It's been a long time since I've posted a video of my playing or even bothered to record and look at one.  This one was an eye opener in that I had not realized how much I had fallen into the habit of "safely" pushing back almost every serve. That's a pretty bad habit.

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 2:03pm
Bad habit hmmmm
I only watched the first game but your returns gave your opponent lots of problems and he could not get in his 3rd ball attacks with any consistency. But yes, mix that with a more aggressive attack now and then.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 5:02pm
I'm not sure that pushing so much was a bad idea here.  Maybe you had subconsciously figured out that it was your best strategy with this opponent.  He clearly had trouble with his attack, particularly attacking underspin.  When you pushed, he either pushed back (setting you up for a good attack) or he attacked (with a low percentage of success).  In the rallies where you started the aggression first, that allowed him to loop or block top spin and he did much better in those rallies.
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 8:07pm
Please keep in mind that Jay plays hardbat so there isn't that much underspin on the ball. Ashutosh generally doesn't like the serve returns fairly short and low as he doesn't move in well. He likes to play fast and if he gets in the ball in his strike zone his loops are very good. It certainly helps that I know both players...

Edited by Matt Pimple - 05/16/2017 at 10:55pm
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Please keep in mind that Jay plays hardbat so there isn't that much underspin on the ball. Ashutosh generally doesn't like the serve returns fairly short and low as he doesn't move in well. He likes to play fast and if he gets in the ball in his strike zone his loops are very good. I certainly helps that I know both players...

I know Jay and I had the same impression about Ashutosh just from watching the videos.  I just thought that Jay played smart and didn't need to be down on himself.
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 1:46am

I just thought that Jay played smart and didn't need to be down on himself.

I agree with you on that!
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 3:34am

I'm not sure that pushing so much was a bad idea here.  Maybe you had subconsciously figured out that it was your best strategy with this opponent.  He clearly had trouble with his attack, particularly attacking underspin.  When you pushed, he either pushed back (setting you up for a good attack) or he attacked (with a low percentage of success).  In the rallies where you started the aggression first, that allowed him to loop or block top spin and he did much better in those rallies.

Even when pushing is working well, I think a player should still be mixing it up a bit.  Failing to do so makes it easier for your opponent to get comfortable with your returns.  And that can lead to mistakes in pushing as you try to place the push too low or locate it with too much risk. I think I was actually a bit lucky that Ashutosh didn't get more aggressive against my returns.

The problem of pushing too many returns is actually more apparent in a match that I won after being being down two games to zero and 9-3 in the third game.  I salvaged that third game with luck and a subtle change in serve strategy that revealed a weakness in my opponent's game that day. That weakness was the edge I needed to win the next two games. I didn't post that match because it was a poster child for the concept of "winning ugly." 

Your comment about Ashutosh doing much better in the rallies where I initiated the aggression surprised me a bit.  That wasn't my perception.  I do agree that it is a poor strategy for me to get into topspin to topspin rallies though.  But I still think it is to my advantage to be aggressive.  But I need to make that first strike strong enough to prevent a strong counter.  But your comment got me wondering if I was actually being successful in that or not.

So I just went through and simply tallied up the points where I initiated the aggression.  The first number is the number of time I initiated and lost the point.  The second number is when I initiated and lost the point.  The W or L indicates whether I won or lost that game.
G1 4-6 L
G2 6-2 W
G3 3-5 L
G4 4-1 W
G5 5-4 W

Total 22 - 18

The pattern is clear and not surprising. So while Ashutosh may have been more successful when I opened up than when I didn't (will have to do a different tally to check that), the key seems to be that when I'm aggressive, I need to make sure that I'm more successful than he is. Kinda obvious I guess.  But it is interesting how well the numbers bear that out in this match.

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 3:43am

I know Jay and I had the same impression about Ashutosh just from watching the videos.  I just thought that Jay played smart and didn't need to be down on himself.

I'm not down on myself.  Sorry if I lent that impression.  I'm just trying to constructively criticize my play so I will do better down the road.  

Given that I'm playing hardbat against sponge, I tend to approach matches with the idea that I need to be better tactically against challenging opponents.  So I really do try to "play smart." It is a fools errand for me to try to win using power as a main strategy - unless my opponent is a defensive player or is clearly weaker than I am. While I do enjoy counter-looping against inverted, it isn't my best percentage play. :^)
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by wturber wturber wrote:

It's been a long time since I've posted a video of my playing or even bothered to record and look at one.  This one was an eye opener in that I had not realized how much I had fallen into the habit of "safely" pushing back almost every serve. That's a pretty bad habit.

Nice hardbat play! I agree, you should mix up your service returns.  However, I could tell his serves were very precise and heavy so I can understand choosing a safer push rather than a flip.  I once encountered a prominent full-time hardbatter that flips all his serve returns and it can backfire too.  I suppose finding the right balance and mixing it up is the key.

By the way, congrats on the SF showing in the U2K.  That event was full of mid-1900s.  Good showing.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 12:54am

Quick video of my cross court footwork that I've been working on lately. Wanted to see how my feet/legs move during this particular shot. 

Aint easy being 6'3 in the TT world LOL (knees hurt)
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 1:09am
Dreiz, I slapped Karis M+ on the CR blade you sold me and I recognize the venue, I held a few NYC Goon Squad TT adventures there at Flushing Korean...
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 1:14am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Dreiz, I slapped Karis M+ on the CR blade you sold me and I recognize the venue, I held a few NYC Goon Squad TT adventures there at Flushing Korean...

Haha nice, did you forget I shook your hand when you were there a while back, I believe opinari was there too.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 25>
  Share Topic