Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Icon and Xeon Sensitec review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Icon and Xeon Sensitec review
    Posted: 07/09/2012 at 7:17am
received the last 2 blades in the series from Tibhar Germany. I choose to review these blades since i have reviewed the sigma sensitec already. the sensitec series of blades are very under rated. good performance at a good price range. aside from the very good looks in design, these blades will be very pleasing to all wood users depending on their style of play.

Xeon sensitec flared

weight: 86 grams
size: 151x155mm
speed: off-
plies: 5 (fineline top plies)
feel: medium stiff
thickness: 6mm
rubbers used: Tibhar 1Q xd; Tibhar Aurus Sound

a bit thinner than its sigma brother but also offers good speed and a balance on control. this blade was designed by Tibhar for players who wanted to attack but will not compromise on control of their strokes. although the design of the blade has some similarities with the epox series of Donic it doesn't play identical automatically. 
the xeon while not as fast as its thicker sigma brother can still be considered fast enough. if partnered with a fast rubber like the 1Q or 5Q it can be an all out attacking set up with good control. while doing the fh to fh and bh to bh drills it offered good feel upon soft and hard contact on the ball. Its not super fast. I would rate it only faster than  a peter korbel blade or an OC blade. 
it shined well on looping. spinny loops are very much expected from this blade with good amount of control. it doesnt vibrate a lot but its flexible enough to loop. Short game was very good. Playing close to the table, this blade is good for inside the table strokes like flips or drop shots. Because of the blade's control, minimal adjustments are needed when doing short strokes.
This is a close to the table blade. If it goes mid distance it loses its power. Faster and spinnier rubbers are needed when you play a bit farther from the table. i would recommend this blade to intermediate to advance level of players.

Icon sensitec flared

weight: 80 grams
size: 151x155mm
speed: all+
plies: 5 (fineline top plies)
feel: medium soft
thickness: 5.4mm
rubbers used: Tibhar 1Q xd; Tibhar Aurus Sound, RITC 837 LP 0.5mm sponge

This beautiful blue blade is a control set up. It is good that Tibhar when designing blades they would make 3 blades with 3 different levels of speed for which different levels of players can choose. 
The icon version was designed primarily for beginners who are just starting to develop their strokes but wanted to do away with those hobby bats that offer less than what beginners are expecting. I also realized that this blade was also made for all around players who loves to block, push, do placement shots and attack at the same time in order to win points.
The icon is a slow blade. With an ALL+ speed its no faster than an AC blade. This very light and sensitive blade enables a player to develop touch and accuracy on his shots. For starting players, this blade is fun to attack, push, block and do all kinds of things. The RITC 837 long pips was good on the Icon. Either you are an LP hitter on the backhand or an LP blocker, the icon performed great on both styles. For advanced players using this blade these are the 2 styles of using LP with this blade. You can chop with it but its not really for chopping.

I think the Sensitec series is under rated. The stratos series is good too but i have yet to test them. It is good that these blades were designed depending on the player's level and style of play which means Tibhar really cares about the needs of buyers.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

golfnumeric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfnumeric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2012 at 11:06am
What nice looking blades! Wink

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 12:44am
I was actually pretty impressed and surprised by how well the Xeon Sensitec played.  I have not tried the faster one in the series but would probably like it even better.  The one I hit with belonged to a friend, so this is not a definitive review, but I thought the Xeon had really good ball feeling.  Put a few sheets of fast rubber or Tenergy on it and you can have the pace and power you need.  As Yogi said, you will need that off the table.  It has a nice soft feel, and yet has enough feedback to really let you feel the ball but it is not overly flexy.  It will shine in short game.  I have to say, the last few Tibhar blades I have tried have been really good; not necessarily all of them will be to everyone's tastes, but well designed well balanced blades with absolutely great handles.  These days I am obsessed with handles.  I think having a handle that is the correct size for your hand will improve your technique.  In tennis, handles come in various sizes, and it is a pity that in table tennis we don't have so many choices.

Edited by Baal - 07/12/2012 at 12:45am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 4:50am
reviews posted!

Baal, yes i like the Xeon as a looper's blade too though i would still prefer the Sigma out of the 3 because it packs a punch and the handle of the Sigma is slightly larger than the Xeon and Icon. The handle designs are very well made and are very comfortable to the hand holding it
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 5:45am
Thanks for the great reviews Yogi!Clap
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 9:40am
tnx bro

rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 7:16pm
hi, i was confused when u said: "The stratos series is good too but i have yet to test them", if u dont mind, could u explain to me how u can state that the stratus series is good without ever using them?
no offense but u sounded biased on these reviews, u basically described these blades as perfect and with no disavantge...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by rui pedro81 rui pedro81 wrote:

hi, i was confused when u said: "The stratos series is good too but i have yet to test them", if u dont mind, could u explain to me how u can state that the stratus series is good without ever using them?
no offense but u sounded biased on these reviews, u basically described these blades as perfect and with no disavantge...

let me paraphrase what i said because it was a bit vague for some people like you. i meant the stratos series seem good too but i have yet to try them. i have read a lot of reviews and feedbacks regarding the stratos series especially the stratos power wood. with those in mind i told myself maybe this series of blades is good too. i would be more biased if i stated that i find the stratos series good and then omit the phrase "but i have yet to test them" , won't i?

rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 9:47pm
i dont think u were vague at all, in fact it was more than clear what u meant to me and im guessing to many people too :)  i look forward to reading more positive reviews from you ;)
golfnumeric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfnumeric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 11:46am
Great review as always, yogi_bear!

Is there a big difference in the feel of the Sigma and Xeon? When I play table tennis, what I care most is the feel that the blade gives me. In fact, it is why I play table tennis. :P
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by golfnumeric golfnumeric wrote:

Is there a big difference in the feel of the Sigma and Xeon? When I play table tennis, what I care most is the feel that the blade gives me. In fact, it is why I play table tennis. :P

Have you tried Stiga Allround Wood NCT? It gives so much feel that it becomes annoying, but you'd like it.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 7:26pm

yes, the sigma feels stiffer and harder

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Have you tried Stiga Allround Wood NCT? It gives so much feel that it becomes annoying, but you'd like it.

if its me you're asking, yes. its vibrates but not too much for me like older wrb blades

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic