Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar 1Q XD review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar 1Q XD review
    Posted: 07/09/2012 at 7:22am
got me to review the Tibhar 1Q XD from Tibhar Germany and its quite a rubber. same topsheet with the original 1Q with different sponge hardness. Its red topsheet is slightly ligther in color similar to the color of S1 turbo and Rhyzm.

The sponge is close to being considered a hard sponge by a few notches. Its medium hard according to Tibhar. It comes with a quality and shiny packaging unfortunately it does't come with an adhesive rubber cover. I believe companies should provide adhesive plastic protectors that comes free upon buying their high end rubbers.

Rubber: Tibhar 1Q XD max (2.1mm) red and black
Blade: Tibhar Xeon Sensitec blade, Stiga Rosewood XO
Glue: Elmer's rubber cement
Uncut Size: 172x175mm 
Uncut Weight: 71 gms
Sponge Hardness: medium hard

The XD comes with a poruos white sponge as compared to the orange porous sponge of the original 1Q. And no the sponeg doest get damaged easily. it is durable enough. I was removing glue yesterday and it held out pretty fine.

The good:

Flat Hitting - upon trying it on a fh to fh and bh to bh drill i was really impressed by its ability to hit the ball accurately with it coupled by a very fast speed. The xd produces a very loud sound especially when partnered to a hard blade like the rosewood XO. for off- blade users, the xd was good enough when i used it with the sensitec xeon in that it was very controllable while at the same time maintained a fast ball in driving. 

Smashing - it was a pleasure whacking the ball with the xd. its like smashing with a harder bryce speed. it maybe even as fast as  bryce speed.

Countering - its ideal distance is mid-far from the table distance. countering loops or if you are in a counterlooping situation provides enough edge as this rubber has a long and sharp trajectory enabling you to land the ball on the other side even at far distances.

Loop driving - its hard sponge enables one to do loop drives with almost similar to using a chinese rubber. i found out that due to its hard sponge it was better if i brush the ball instead of hitting it flat with the sponge. this enabled me to spin more the ball. looping with it was average only because it wasnt meant for looping but for loop driving strokes. looping caused the ball to have a low throw.

pushing and serves - for a hard rubber this performed good or should i say above average on pushing the ball loaded with spin. also it was above average on serves especially doing fast side spin serves.

the bad:

too fast for beginners - i suggest people who are rated 1500 or below shouldnt use this. if you would like to, use an ALL+ blade like the Icon Sensitec or the Texo All+ at maybe 2.0mm. 

a bit heavy - at 71 grams uncut this is heavier than tenergy 05. the solution would be using ligther all wood blades that tibhar offers.

Conclusion:

An excellent variant of the Q series, I think im keeping it in my backhand for a few more days in order to see what it really can do. I was more impressed with this than the 1Q. The 5Q is still the forehand rubber I use up to now.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2012 at 8:53am
ooooh that sponge looks rather easy to damage
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2012 at 3:37pm
The question here is, "Will it make you go XD???"
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2012 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

The question here is, "Will it make you go XD???"

I was about to ask why he thought Tibhar 1Q is so funny.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2012 at 9:03pm
updated with reviews
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2012 at 7:03am
so comparing the 3 q's:

speed;

5Q<1Q<1Qxd

Spin:

5Q>1Q=1Qxd

Control:

5Q>1Q>1Qxd

Arc:

5Q>1Q=1Qxd

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 5:01am
the sponge of the XD is durable. still using it in my backhand but switch it to my fh sometimes due to being a very good smashing rubber than the 5Q. 

neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 3:08pm

Big smileHello friends, 71 grams isn't heavy depends on sheet size. SmileWink A little bit  

mathematics damage no one.

Edited by neon - 07/12/2012 at 3:10pm
bigonez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigonez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 8:35pm

Last night, I put 1Q xd + 5Q on a Tibhar Stratus Samsonov Carbon.

The blade is 85.8g, 1Q xd 73.7g(uncut), 5Q 65.8g(uncut). Finally, the total is 180.2g after assemble.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 8:38pm
neon, 71 grams is already in the level of rakza 9, tenergy 05 and tenzone rubbers. all of these are considered heavy. A little bit of common sense and experience will tell you that if you have at least an 87-79  gm blade would force you to look for a lighter backhand rubber in order to compensate for the weight. exceptions are those that have very light rackets or the ones who love heavier set ups

neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 3:24pm
Hello friends, yes q1 xd is in the level of t05, q1 xd is "top rubber" if I may say. And all top rubbers for me is "normal", because all over the world play with "normal" rubbers, most of them Smile. Wiht 4-5 degree down is soft rubbers. A few of profi players and few of club players play with soft rubbers. And for that for me 47 grams rubber cut for timo boll alc is not heavy rubber. Timo boll alc is around 86 grams(minimum), 2x47=94 grams +86 = 180 grams + 2 grams glue =182 grams. For me 182 grams racket is not heavy and for thousands ... too. Good luck friends.
neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 7:07am

Hello friends,

My 1qxd weight black - 74.2 grams , red - 73.5 grams Ouch. Cut to schlager carbon rubbers weight 49 grams ! Excuses yogi, these rubbers are realy heavy. I think they are faster than t05.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 8:43am
yup, the 1Qxd is really a speed rubber. i don't think the tenergy 05 is that fast. the reason why so many people cannot control it is because of its sensitivity to incoming spin and also its exaggerated high throw. as what i have said, the 1Qxd is on the heavy side

strongpong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 8:14pm
Hi yogi_bear,

Thanks for all your reviews on these rubbers. The info you provide and comparisons help a lot of people  in selecting rubbers. With so many new products entering the market all the time the buying of rubbers can become confusing.

I have a small favour to ask, can you please provide the weight of the rubber when it is cut to the blade. Stating the weight of uncut sheets that vary in size means very little to me.......maybe others also?!

Thanks again for your efforts.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 9:11pm
ill try if i have another one. i gave it to some players already. usually the estimate of the cut wieght is 70% of its total on standard sized blades

leon50422 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leon50422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 9:26pm
51-53 is still a good weight for FH. Anyway, souds good and I will try it as FH on stiga CL or DHS dragon II.
leon50422 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leon50422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 9:31pm
Hey Yogi Bear,
Your review is pretty much helpful. Btw, did you ever try to compare 1Q or XD version with XIOM Omega 4? Omega 4 is adhensive on the sheet, 1Q or XD is also adhensive? I am using DHS hurricane III, and right now i am considering if I need to try the new one, like 1Q XD, after reading through your review for XD.

Thanks

Leon
neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 2:17am

Hello friends,

sorry but 1q is not adhesive, it's typical euro style rubber. I think omega 4 is euro rubber too. Good luck.

chandro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chandro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 3:28am
in my opinion 1Q and omega iv are euro rubbers that produce high spin. speed is ok with an off blade.
only you need to adjust in blocking.
VladiTT View Drop Down
Post #57918

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladiTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 10:10am
Hi,friends do you think 1q xd is a good match for a wood blade ,or will match better on a composite (TBS)
the question is corcern to yogi & neon
please share guys
chandro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chandro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 11:24am
try it on clipper.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by leon50422 leon50422 wrote:

Hey Yogi Bear,
Your review is pretty much helpful. Btw, did you ever try to compare 1Q or XD version with XIOM Omega 4? Omega 4 is adhensive on the sheet, 1Q or XD is also adhensive? I am using DHS hurricane III, and right now i am considering if I need to try the new one, like 1Q XD, after reading through your review for XD.

Thanks

Leon

you have to adjust on your strokes because you have used neo h3. for me the 1qxd and omega 4 are built for speed. they are spinny but it needs a different contact on the rubber. both are not tacky rubbers compared to the neo h3

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by VladiTT VladiTT wrote:

Hi,friends do you think 1q xd is a good match for a wood blade ,or will match better on a composite (TBS)
the question is corcern to yogi & neon
please share guys

being an all wood blade lover and also tried the 1Q xd on an all wood blade, it suits the 1Qxd well to an all wood blade though you have to choose a blade that is not less than a medium stiff blade. softer blades that i have tried with it go to the net always. i think a TBS would still be good since its not super fast

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 2:15am
is 1QXD harder or softer than Aurus? 

Is the topsheet grippier than Aurus?
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 2:50am

.Hello friends,

First of all 1qxd is strong and powerful rubber, very strong. Compare to some old rubber ... to bryce hard, almana, optimum mp, revolution cor2 and some others. In slow strokes I don’t feel rubbers, it’s so hardly. In strong strokes feel good, can make very dangerous hit. Before 3 weeks When put the rubbers, in slow strokes feel better. For these 3 weeks racket weight 1.6 grams lighter. Maybe profi players can play easy with this rubber in any situation but I don’t. Maybe with 1 grams tuner per sheet will improve My feel but it’s early for that interventionSmile.

First try rubbers on schlager carbon. Latter on tibhar freitas. Difference between: freitas keep the ball longer and has more vibration. But What’s important here! On two blades rubbers don’t feel enough good. These rubbers are so hard. I don’t think that on all wood blade feel enough good, maybe just a little bit. These rubber remember me for one sheet of bryce hard before years.... I put layer ...after layer Smile of speed glue and rubber still feel hard and out of control. I never could soft enough this rubber. Thank you.

P.S. And rubber is heavy too. On schlager 49 grams, on freitas - 48.5 grams. (freitas has a little bit smaller head). Schlager with rubbers was 188.8 grams, now freitas weight 185.3 grams. Whip strokes are impossible for me Big smile.

Edited by neon - 09/05/2012 at 3:08am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 6:14am
debraj, 1Qxd has a harder sponge than the aurus. spinwise the xd can be spinnier by a notch but not much. the xd is way faster than the aurus though but at the same time heavy due to a denser sponge

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 4:46pm
waiting for my 1Q-XD red...from tims tt. If it doesn't play as i expect.. i will stick with BF on my FH as well.

I don't really fancy using same rubber on FH and BH... while there are so many rubbers to pick from ... Wink
vid1
Vid 2
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 9:23am
i find the 1Qxd better for spinny pushes than the regular aurus though

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 3:44pm
yogi that is good news for me. because then it will definitely be better for opening loops against underspin.. than aurus... :)
vid1
Vid 2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 3:22pm
Yogi... have you tried Bluefire m1? how does XD compare with M1 in hardness?

i remember some guy in german forum claiming XD is not as intimidating as it sounds.. its kinda borderline medium hard... just harder than tenergy but probably not as hard as aurus. i know there can be sheet to sheet difference. any comment?
vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic