FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Donic Waldner Legend Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2012 at 9:18am
Carbospeed also plays softer than Amultart. But maybe the Sardius is closer because the Amultart has zylon which gives it a very specific feel compared to other hinoki-carbon blades. 
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2012 at 9:22am
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

Carbospeed also plays softer than Amultart. But maybe the Sardius is closer because the Amultart has zylon which gives it a very specific feel compared to other hinoki-carbon blades. 

Ah, yes good point.  I've never used a Sardius - difficult to get them now.  Reading the reviews, it looks to be heavier (on average) and faster, but the regular carbon is going to be closer in feel than the Amultart's ZLC.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
tayyabsaeedkhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tayyabsaeedkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2012 at 3:59pm
Well thanks for your input.
Going to order one and will test it.
Big Looper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Looper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2012 at 9:29am
Does anybody know if you can get the blade with an anatomic handle?
How does it compare to the Carbotox as thats what i am currently using.
thanksSmile
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2012 at 9:49am
so do you guys like it better than BTY blades?
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2012 at 6:26pm
UPDATED!!! With pictures
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2012 at 8:35pm
Great review and pictures Carryboy!Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2012 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Big Looper Big Looper wrote:

Does anybody know if you can get the blade with an anatomic handle?
How does it compare to the Carbotox as thats what i am currently using.
thanksSmile

Are you asking for the Waldner or the Ovtcharov blade? 
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2012 at 9:47pm
Come on guys - any reviews on the Ovtcharov blade??  I would love a comparison between the Waldner Legend and the Ovtcharov Carbon!!!!!
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Looper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2012 at 7:27am
I am asking about the new waldner blade.
I am currently using the donic carbotox and would like to know how it compares to the new waldner blade if anybody has had the two blades.
From what i have read about the difference between the waldner legend and the new ovtcharov is the centre ply is slightly thicker on the ovtcharov  not 100% sure though.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2012 at 5:55am
I will get the Waldner blade soon and will try to make a comparison with the Ovtcharov. 
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2012 at 6:20am
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

I will get the Waldner blade soon and will try to make a comparison with the Ovtcharov. 

I'm going the other way - hope to get a Carbospeed soon.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 11:01am
Hokay, so I got a Carbospeed today. Comparing the plies to the Legend, the core is a lot thicker, but the hinoki outers look thinner to me. So the overall thickness is a little bigger, but not as much as I was expecting.

Short robot session gives me the impression that the Carbospeed feels more solid on punch shots, has no vibration (Legend has a bit), very little flex (if any), harder overall feel. Using M3 and comparing back-to-back, I could get a bigger arc on FH loops with the Legend, but hitting flat and driving on the BH was more consistent with the Carbospeed. Ideally, I want to chop these blades in half and glue then together to get the best of both worlds, but in the absence of that I'll use a couple of training sessions to see what fits best. My instinct tells me to go with the Carbospeed and tone down my FH a bit, but I will miss the Legend's crazy FH looping...
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 2:24pm
Andy what is the weight of your Carbospeed?? When you refer to toning down the forehand do you mean something slower than M3, assuming that you are using M3 on your forehand.

Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 2:26pm
I also have a Carbospeed on order and was thinking of the M3 for forehand.
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 3:45am
It's 87g. The M3 is excellent on the forehand. When I mentioned calming it down, I just meant slowing myself down a bit. Fewer wild swings. Can't see myself changing from M3 on the forehand for a while.
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 3:53am
+1 M3 is a great FH rubber. Sounds like the Waldner Legend is quite the blade, pity they don't make it with a real handle.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 1:46pm
Thanks for letting me know andysith, will order a sheet of M3 for forehand. What are you using for backhand? Also how would you describe the throw of the carbo speed in comparison to the legend? Lower??
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 2:35pm
I really, really wanted to use M3 on the BH as well, but I just couldn't get it to work for me. So I'm deciding between Acuda S3 and Sigma Europe.

Yeah, Carbospeed is slightly lower throw than Legend.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Looper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2012 at 11:23pm
My Waldner is on the way will let you guys know what i think of it when it arrives.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2012 at 5:40am
You putting M3/H3 on it or two BF's?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Looper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2012 at 6:39am
Prolly BF and tenergy 05. 

Edited by Big Looper - 11/12/2012 at 6:39am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2012 at 1:21am
For M or for A? I thought the blade was for M?
duanrao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duanrao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2012 at 2:16am
Well thanks for your input.
Going to order one and will test it.
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2012 at 12:42am
so how is the new waldner?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tayyabsaeedkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2012 at 6:56am
Can anyone post Ovtcharov carbospeed's in detail review ???
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2012 at 7:13am
What is the thickness of Donic Waldner Legend Carbon?  I could not find it anywhere...
Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2012 at 7:50am
Originally posted by stefashka stefashka wrote:

What is the thickness of Donic Waldner Legend Carbon?  I could not find it anywhere...

6.3mm I think. It's printed on the face of the shakehand blade:

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/tt-blade-donic-waldner-legend-carbon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tayyabsaeedkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2012 at 1:33pm
Donic waldner legend carbon + Bluefire m1 max both sides would be head heavy ???
Or is it a balanced setup with a little bit weight towards the head.

What are your thoughts . . .
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2012 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by tayyabsaeedkhan tayyabsaeedkhan wrote:

Donic waldner legend carbon + Bluefire m1 max both sides would be head heavy ???Or is it a balanced setup with a little bit weight towards the head.What are your thoughts . . .

The legend does have a larger than average head size, and M1 is heavy, so I think this would be a bit head heavy, yes. That might suit you though, it's down to personal preferences.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic