Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Aurus Sound Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Aurus Sound Review
    Posted: 07/12/2012 at 9:10pm

Specs:

Tibhar Aurus Sound black and red max 
Weight - 58-60 grams uncut
size - 170x170mm
hardness - medium soft (already soft for my liking) 
speed - off-
blade - Tibhar Xeon Sensitec blade, Texo ALL+, Icon Sensitec
glue - elmer's rubber cement

The softest and slowest among the Aurus series, the aurus sound is the most controllable and user friendly among the 3. By my standards its the easiest rubber of the 3 to produce spin because of its soft sponge that enables you to grip the ball better. It has the same topsheet as with the other 2 auruses but differed just in the hardness of the sponge. They have the same serial numbers.

On the xeon blade, the aurus sound was a loud whacking machine. The moment the ball comes in contact with the sponge people in room would turn heads trying to see what kind of a set up am i using. On the fh to fh and bh to bh drills, it wasn't as bouncy as its 2 brothers because I was liek doing my full swings on the fh drives and still it wasn't too fast. 

On loops, it was really good close to the table. I think slow spinny loops is good for this rubber in which for 2 types of player like - a developing player who doesn't need a fast rubber but needs a slower set up that enables him to make the ball sink into the sponge and brush spin it or an intermediate or advanced player that wanted a soft rubber to loop with but uses a very stiff carbon blade that is very fast. Either of the 2 works well with the aurus sound.

Blocking is the other good quality of this rubber. Against fast and strong attacks, blocking isn't a problem. Also the topsheet isn't sensitive to incoming spin. 

This is an all around rubber near the table. At best advanced players can use this in their set up as a backhand rubber. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 9:23pm
is this similar to Acuda S3..?
TB ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, HK3, HH3, HL2 Cpen......
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 9:29pm
bagung, nope. s3 would be spinnier. this would be a tad faster. S3 has a grippier topsheet
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

bagung, nope. s3 wouold be spinnier. this would be a tad faster. S3 has a grippier topsheet

thanks....
is it softer than S3....?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 10:03pm
i think they have almost the same sponge hardness only that the topsheet of the s3 is a lil more firm

bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 10:14pm

i think they have almost the same sponge hardness only that the topsheet of the s3 is a lil more firm

good....
thanks....
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2012 at 10:46pm
I use rock hard regular Aurus on FH and can tell you it is the topsheet that is the wonder of this setup. I have high impact speed and a hard sponged rubber on FH comes in handy. Some people like it soft. That is also good, for them. I would wager Aurus Sound is every bit as good as generating spin than my hard version. I just like it harder on FH. Aurus topsheet is specially, it really grabs the ball and controls it on positive strokes. Great control vs topspin, just as good as T05 on a positive stroke.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 5:01am
bh-man. having used all 3 aurus rubbers, i preferred the aurus soft because it was easier to spin with and its not as slow as the sound version. the regular aurus was fast but i didnt like it in the spin department

golfnumeric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfnumeric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 1:48pm
I'm afraid that I have a different opinion. I don't think Aurus Sound gives a loud sound at all. I'm now using Epox Offensiv with Aurus Sound on it. I'm disappointed with this rubber because it doesn't as loud as it is advertised on its cover. Before I'm using this setup. I'm using Burn off- with S3 on it. I also used to use Epox offensiv with Desto F3 Bigslam on it. These two setups are a much louder machines than Epox with Aurus sound.

Aurus sound doesn't provide a lot of clicking sound especially on the serve and when I do a topspin. I think the rubber is not that soft on contact with a ball, compared to the two mentioned rubbers. When I press my finger on it, it has a firmer and gripper topsheet than S3.

If someone is looking for a loud rubber, I would recommend F3 Bigslam. It's the loudest, softest rubber I've ever used.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by golfnumeric golfnumeric wrote:

I'm afraid that I have a different opinion. I don't think Aurus Sound gives a loud sound at all. I'm now using Epox Offensiv with Aurus Sound on it. I'm disappointed with this rubber because it doesn't as loud as it is advertised on its cover. Before I'm using this setup. I'm using Burn off- with S3 on it. I also used to use Epox offensiv with Desto F3 Bigslam on it. These two setups are a much louder machines than Epox with Aurus sound.

Aurus sound doesn't provide a lot of clicking sound especially on the serve and when I do a topspin. I think the rubber is not that soft on contact with a ball, compared to the two mentioned rubbers. When I press my finger on it, it has a firmer and gripper topsheet than S3.

If someone is looking for a loud rubber, I would recommend F3 Bigslam. It's the loudest, softest rubber I've ever used.

I still don't get it (honestly, not pejoratively) - why do we need a loud sound for?
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 4:11pm
The loud deafening sound (I love it...like a vuvuzela though I haven't tried the other rubbers mentioned by golfnumeric except S3) of Aurus Sound boosts your confidence moreover the soft grippy topsheet captures the ball and provides you high control, it makes me play more agressively.
This afternoon the sound filled the gym and drew the attention of many players at once (let's not speak about my improper playing style now... LOL ...not yet.) 

Edited by igszoctan - 07/13/2012 at 4:14pm
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfnumeric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by golfnumeric golfnumeric wrote:

I still don't get it (honestly, not pejoratively) - why do we need a loud sound for?

You may not put that much importance on the sound as I do. I like a loud sound just because it gives me confidence and pleasure to play. That's it. Some may value playing characteristics, but I would put most importance on a sound and a feel of a rubber. Smile

Actually, I do not play table tennis for competition. I play it just because of the pleasure of the feel and the sound that the blade gives me. Hope you get it. Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfnumeric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by igszoctan igszoctan wrote:

The loud deafening sound (I love it...like a vuvuzela though I haven't tried the other rubbers mentioned by golfnumeric except S3) of Aurus Sound boosts your confidence moreover the soft grippy topsheet captures the ball and provides you high control, it makes me play more agressively.
This afternoon the sound filled the gym and drew the attention of many players at once (let's not speak about my improper playing style now... LOL ...not yet.) 

I used to feel like that as well when I just started playing table tennis. LOL

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 7:31pm
it depends also on the blade you are using. i also tested it in a rosewood xo which is a loud blade

igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2012 at 2:01am

it depends also on the blade you are using. i also tested it in a rosewood xo which is a loud blade

As for me the TAS (max FH) and TGS are wbg-ed on a TBS.
Excellent combo. The soft rubbers on this moderately fast AC blade work wonders Big smile
...the superb sound is only whipped cream on you coffee...

By the way, sorry for off topic but could someone explain the little differences between Aurus Sound and Genius Sound I should be aware of? You know I have been playing with them for some months but they seem to have a lot of in common in playing characteristics...shame on me...in other words I have the impression they are nearly identical ones...perhaps Aurus has a little higher throw...same softness, hardness and spin...but pls feel free to correct my observations  Geek

Edited by igszoctan - 08/07/2012 at 11:44am
igszoctan
Strength and honour
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2012 at 11:56am
By the way, sorry for off topic but could someone explain the little differences between Aurus Sound and Genius Sound I should be aware of?
You know I have been playing with them for some months, both r excellent rubbers but they seem to have a lot of in common in playing characteristics...shame on me...in other words I have the impression they are nearly identical ones...perhaps Aurus has a little higher throw...same softness, hardness and spin...but pls feel free to correct my observations  Geek
igszoctan
Strength and honour
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2012 at 9:11pm
igzo, i would find the aurus sound better in smashing on a t-11 blade of a friend in which he also used a genius sound on that same blade. the genius sound is spinnier than the aurus sound. both have the same hardness

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2016 at 6:42am
Hi Yogi

do you think Aurus sound would be a bit of a downgrade on 05fx. Maybe a little less catapult? Maybe less sensitive to spin on serve receive. BH and FH
I have reverted back to my TSPW but it feels a bit too lively with 05fx.
Does Aurus sound have good durability?

Edited by mog1111 - 07/21/2016 at 6:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic