Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

yasaka malin carbon??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yasaka malin carbon??
    Posted: 02/18/2006 at 12:06am
is there a new yasaka blade called the MaLin carbon? or is that just the Gatien Carbon??
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
Sponsored Links

jake_my View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake_my Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2006 at 2:11am
Its the ma lin carbon. Costs 60% more than the gatien carbon. Very light at 76gm but hard in feel.
jc48573 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc48573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2006 at 2:12am

are u serious? where u get this info from? i want to know more.

Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra, Primorac 2000 CS (traditional only)
FH: Globe 999/999T
BH: Sriver-D13-L, Sriver EL (RPB)
chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2006 at 4:54am
OMFG..! The Ma Lin carbon blade doesn't weight 76 gm, it weights 90 gm. ALso it's not more expensive than gatien carbon.
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2006 at 10:15am
this makes me itchy to see the blade, any sites I can see this blade??
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2006 at 12:04pm
See my blade:

http://img203.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rubber0015np.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rubber0024np.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rubber0034bp.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rubber0043qd.jpg
DocC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2006 at 12:08pm
How's it compared to the Gatien Carbon? Or other carbon blades, e.g., Gergely, Sadius, Kreanga? I found the 2nd handed one in the market and am very tempted to try.
chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2006 at 12:41pm
I don't know how it's compared to other blades, because I have only used 3 blades.
jc48573 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc48573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2006 at 2:15pm

i think jake_my was confusing it wit the soft carbon yasaka which is roughly around 76-78 grams.  But i dunno about the 60% more expensive, but i know that in Japan and some other countries in asia where they sell the ma lin blade for a really expensive price.  i saw a chinese site where they were selling over 100 dollars and not 65 bucks just because it has ma lin's signature and all. 

chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2006 at 2:21pm
100 dollars, that is redicilous!

jc48573 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc48573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2006 at 2:28pm
i totally agree.
chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2006 at 2:33pm
jc48573 could you write some of the links to these websites?
jc48573 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc48573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2006 at 2:38pm
i will try to look for them.  i just happen to find it in some asian site that my friend sent me.  if i see him online i will ask him for the link.  he should have it on his favorites since he does most of his shopping there.
Sabito View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2006 at 9:08am

Hey chops those pictures are tempting me to buy one man!!!, I've never seen so much perfection in a racket like yours, it seems you can afford the equipment what you want, tackifire chop, these glues,... btw, how do u feel your racket?, I wanna know how does that blade works? its too hard? can you compare it to the other blades you had.

Thanks a lot

chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2006 at 11:28am
Sabito it's a little bit hard questions. The first blade I have at my won was a Stiga blade with some weird rubbers called triumf or something. It was a cheap pre-assambled blade. After that I try buying me a blade at my own, I bought Andro supercore def. I played in long time with my andro blade, but I didn't like it, it was to slow and the head-size was to big. Well after that I bought Yasaka Ma lin carbon, and I like that blade. The blade feels a little bit hard, that is maybe because I have varnish it. Compared to my andro blade the yasaka is faster and the sweetspoot is very big, so it is like I have really much controle in my strokes. I can easily feel my rubbers, because the glue soften the sponge up.
chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2006 at 11:41am
Also Sabito thanks for your comments
tt-jan06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt-jan06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2006 at 6:27pm
The Ma Lin carbon was definitely 76gm from the shop scales. No mistake! But I thought the stiga optimum was cooler in looks(same weight) and I bought that (that ws a mistake!). The Ma Lin carbon costs about $85 from the same place that Fadli told me. Fadli bought his gatien carbon for <$60. Fadli, what is the weight of your gatien carbon?
jake_my View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake_my Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2006 at 7:15pm
BTW, the weight of 76 gm for the Ma Lin carbon was for a penhold. I was surprised that it was so light for a carbon blade and closely examined it. It was very thin and thought that it was a little flimsy for the price. Chops, can you tell us how it plays?
AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2006 at 8:31pm
are there any cheaper versions in asia? Is the hurricane king cheap in China or same?
Avalox 550
FH: Blue Whale II Factory Tuned 38 deg.
BH: White Shark II Factory Tuned
TTPLAYER View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTPLAYER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2006 at 3:11am

www.iruiru.com has the Ma Lin Carbon and Ma Lin Carbon Soft blades for 6400 Yen (~54 U.S. dollars).

http://www.iruiru.com/e/bc/bc07.html (shakehands)

http://www.iruiru.com/e/bc/bc11.html (penhold)

chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2006 at 6:11am
I would say it's a good looping blade for the spin offensive. It works well with hard rubbers like: Rapid and Torpedo, I can easily get spin because the glue soften the sponge. The thing I was most impressed by, was I feel the blade has much more control, than my old Andro supercore def blade. That is maybe because the yasaka blade has a huge sweetspoot.

jake_my View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake_my Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2006 at 5:16pm
Thanks chops. Sounds like my ideal choice, the ma lin carbon. Do you think that it will work well with bryce? Best guess pls.
chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2006 at 5:32pm
Well I can't say how it works with bryce, because I have not tried that rubber. The only thing I can say is Bryce gonna be my next rubber, when my torpedo has lost it's juice!

If you want more information about bryce try look at this topic http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4798&KW=bryce
jake_my View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake_my Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2006 at 6:55pm
I use Bryce on most of my blades now. Cermet as an alternative if they don't have bryce. Excellent rubber. But blade combination is important too. So do let us know when you change.
jc48573 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc48573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2006 at 9:05pm

Hmmm....Ma Lin soft carbon, that is pretty light for a blade.  is it really 76 grams?

it's pretty cheap too. about the same price as here but including shipping and handling as well.  Men people are ripping us off here.  I guess i will order from iruiru from now on.

timtex37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timtex37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2007 at 11:56am
can Anyone tell me the difference between the yasaka gatien extra and the ma lin soft carbon,   I am using the optimum sync right now and would like t try a yasaka blade but perfer similar feel to my stiga optimum sync penhold blade.
PLEASE HELp .

thanks 
CPEN Blade Stiga Optimum Sync | OSP Virtuoso (awaiting)
FH DHS SkyLine 2 Neo | BH LKT Rapid Soft | Shoes Mizuno Wave Drive A
idchong3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idchong3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2007 at 12:27pm
i am currently using ma lin carbon... wow .. this blade got better feel then " Huricanne king " i use it with harder rubber such as chinese rubber... they are better combination as you can have the solid sinking feel into the sponge and catapult out from the blade... very good for fast block and couter loop with medium hardness sponge... so far i have tested with many rubbers and the ones with best solid touch is sriver,almana, H3,H2 , skyline 2 and 3  and 999 -T4... however, soft rubbers is not good on malin carbon as it is easier to pop up the ball when receiving and it doesnt stick to the top sheet as much when serving hence producing uncontrollable spin and trajectory... some of the rubbers that is not suitable for this blade is hammond pro , pro alpha, and tension rubbers... It is definately faster than gatien carbon yet has good control over block, spins and the best part is loop drive... my control on and off the table has significantly improved and that makes my third ball attack more threatening... hope this helps...
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Forehand- Stiga Almana
Backhand- Palio CJ 8000
timtex37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timtex37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2007 at 12:58pm
I have used Stiga super carbon and butterfly primorac carbon and both gave me a hard time when it came to blcoking but with my stiga optimum sync, i can block a lot better.

I don't want to get too many blades but would love to get either the yasaka gatien Extra or Ma Lin SOFT carbon after I can out which on is more like my Optimum sync.  The reason why I want to switch blades even though my current one is good is because I feel uncortable holding the blade during play and when doing rpb.  and i have heard people said that yasaka penhold blades are best for rpb and comfortable grip.

PLEASE HELP
CPEN Blade Stiga Optimum Sync | OSP Virtuoso (awaiting)
FH DHS SkyLine 2 Neo | BH LKT Rapid Soft | Shoes Mizuno Wave Drive A
fiveplyian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiveplyian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2007 at 1:16pm
Translated report from japanese site ......

According to yasaka site it would be 90g +- 5g
Ian
GantZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GantZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2007 at 1:20pm
I am planning on buying a new blade, but would like to know how much of a difference i am going to expect.  Currently, i am still using my sig. setup with the 896.  I am not too fond of the hard feeling of carbon, but everyone is praising the ma lin carbon as some super control loop machine.  My choice really boils down to the ma lin carbon or hurricane hao. Since hurricane hao is 5ply wood, i am probably more inclined to buy it.  Yet, there are absolutely no reviews on the performance of this blade. I really want the desire to choose the ma lin carbon, so somebody please impress me.  
Equipment:
Petr Korbel
Sriver EL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic