Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

yasaka malin carbon??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
tthj2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tthj2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2007 at 8:01pm
I use ma lin carbon with yasaka New Era rubber and I have tried it with 729-2, and H3. One thing I noticed is to generate speed with ma lin carbon one has to really swing it hard because it is not that fast. It's good for blocking and counter spinning and has good control; but, again one has to swing it hard.  I haven't tried it with soft rubbers nor speed glue.
Ted
Sponsored Links

O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2007 at 2:21am
it's just an aggressive version of a wood blade like extra. 
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
sverige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sverige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2007 at 6:55am
This blades feel is good enough for choppers.
Donic J-O Waldner Carbon Senso
Donic J-O Waldner red 2,3(bh)
DHS Hurricane 3 black 2,2(fh)
hwstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 9:09am
Ma Lin Carbon is exactly Gatien Carbon, they sell almost the same price.
But everyone knows that MaLin himeself isn't using it.
Kennie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 9:41am
just to make things clear..

the yasaka ma lin carbon and yasaka ma lin soft carbon are the latest yasaka carbon blades. they are similar to the old gatien, but a bit faster. i think they are great bcz they have great speed but also a fantastic touch and feeling. ma lin himself was using the ma lin carbon during his fantastic last year when he won 5 or 6 pro tour competitions. now he has the yasaka extra II(same as allround 40) with ma lin carbon handle, but just like other chinese players he likes to test new blades very often. for example wang hao used yasaka extra and carbon during a long time.
Blade: YASAKA Ma Lin Soft Carbon
Fh: YASAKA PRYDE
Bh: YASAKA Xtend HS
pony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 3:48pm
all yasaka blades made in Sweden
http://www.ttex.se/cgi-private/shop/Shop.cgi?Action=ShowGroup&Group=/stommar/yasaka

krone/usd ratio is about 7.
at your service
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 7:40pm
Both the malin carbon and soft carbon are about 90 grams +/- 3~4, with the soft carbon being a bit lighter and a different top ply. i don't know what but the top ply is different. They both give incredible speed, can't tell the difference, altough they say the regular is faster.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
jasonz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 9:27pm
ma lin carbon is the same as the gatien carbon with different cosmetics, they are both very nice blades, Ma Lin is playing with extra II with ma lin carbon handle (he changes blade quite often to test different combinations out)
Jason Z

Stiga Xu Xin Dynasty
FH DHS TG -60 Soft
BH DHS H3 white sponge pro
???? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ???? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2007 at 4:28am
ma lin carbon is a 7 ply blade, with 2 thin layers of wood on the outside followed by a carbon layer then a thick middle ply maybe balsa. gatien carbon is a 5 ply blade with one very thin layer of wood on the outside followed by a thin layer of carbon then a thick layer of i think balsa. ma lin carbon is meant to be faster and stiffer probably so better for blocking
powerplay.de View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerplay.de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2007 at 8:51am
i dont think that the centre ply is balsa. It looks more like ayous, abachi.
centre ply abachi,ayous ~3mm
carbon
some darkbrown hard wood type ? ~0.6mm
outer ply limba ~0.5mm

BT777, Ishlion, U2 Hinoki, Baum Senso, TBS
T05
T05
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2007 at 5:05am
Hey can someone please give a breif comparison of the MaLin Soft Carbon to the TBS? Even as brief as which is faster would be fine.

Thanks a mil,
Gark
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Kennie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2007 at 5:46am
the ma lin carbon is more powerful than tbs, its faster and has a more solid touch, it also has greater sweetspot.
Blade: YASAKA Ma Lin Soft Carbon
Fh: YASAKA PRYDE
Bh: YASAKA Xtend HS
wise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2008 at 1:19am
i would like to ask which blade would be better yasaka ma lin carbon or yasaka ma lin soft carbon?? also i am planning to use 1 of the 3 tenergies probably 05 or 64 on the front and nothing on the back, the traditional Cpen way.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2009 at 3:23am
Originally posted by idchong3 idchong3 wrote:

i am currently using ma lin carbon... wow this blade got better feel then " Huricanne king  " i use it with harder rubber such as chinese rubber... they are better combination as you can have the solid sinking feel into the sponge and catapult out from the blade... very good for fast block and couter loop with medium hardness sponge... so far i have tested with many rubbers and the ones with best solid touch is sriver,almana, H3,H2 , skyline 2 and 3  and 999 -T4... however, soft rubbers is not good on malin carbon as it is easier to pop up the ball when receiving and it doesnt stick to the top sheet as much when serving hence producing uncontrollable spin and trajectory... some of the rubbers that is not suitable for this blade is hammond pro , pro alpha, and tension rubbers... It is definately faster than gatien carbon yet has good control over block, spins and the best part is loop drive... my control on and off the table has significantly improved and that makes my third ball attack more threatening... hope this helps...

I've just got a 92,5 gr ST handle Ma Lin Carbon. I put H3 Provincial 40 deg and Roxon 500.
First I thought Ma Lin Carbon is a fast carbon blades with little woody feel.
Infact it's slower than my Hking ST but it has better feel (woody feel) than Hking!!!!
It's hard, harder than Hking but it has big sweet spot.
The ST handle of Ma lin Carbon has the same dimention as Hking ST but more squarish.
Since Malin carbon's price is almost 1/3 of Hking ST, it's a good altenative blade.

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

lu1648 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lu1648 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2009 at 9:27am
Cool, seems like a pretty cheap blade for a nice price. I feel so lucky to get it so cheap from someone on this forum.
I've only played with stiff carbon blade before and H3 on MLC feels soft initially. Since I'm a newbie, I wasn't even sure if that's a good thing. But now that everybody likes it, I feels so lucky cuz I just bought the blade blindly without really knowing how it feels or which rubbers to put on...
I also bought a sheet of MarkV which is 2.0mm. After playing MLC, I think I won't put it on b/c it's only gonna make the blade feels softer than the H3 2.2mm that it has.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2009 at 10:32pm
Yasaka Blade quality is good and the price is reasonable. The quality is even better than Stiga (Ma lin carbon vs Stiga Hybrid Wood).
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Halibass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halibass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2009 at 11:59pm
Has anyone tried the 3D Soft Carbon? It's supposed to be a newer model.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2009 at 12:10am
i think its so funny this thread was dug up. A penholder at my club has played the gatien carbon for years the same blade and this week he decided to order a new blade. Its the MLC. I didnt even know the gatien carbon was still sold.. (or maybe it isn't anyway) because before seeing it, I'd never heard of it. But I know that he said the MLC is harder for sure.. which is why he got it.
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2009 at 8:25am
I got MLC recently. I like it.
whirlwind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whirlwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2009 at 3:52am
sounds great! i'm planning to use this blade also, i love chinese rubbers! Smile
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2009 at 4:21am
O3 Bios really kicks hard on MLC compared to Mambo GP.
It's far better than Roxon 500 due to softer sponge and grippier topsheet.
Easier to loop than roxon 500 on FH.
Very good rubber for countering for mid distance.
This rubber is controlabe if putting on MLC, not too hard not too soft, medium feel. I hope it last long.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Pingpongping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pingpongping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2009 at 7:41pm
Hi Guys,
just join the club. great reviews on the MLC.
quite motivated to get one.
I also find the stiga blade quality poor, i got blister from using it. but the play quality is good.
thinking of using the MLc with TG3 on forehand and omega III on back.
any suggestions?
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: DHS TG3
BH: XIOM OMEGA III

jhoerene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhoerene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2009 at 9:26pm
The Ma lin Carbon and the Malin soft carbon are sold at:

http://www.megaspin.net
http://www.americantabletennis.com

whirlwind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whirlwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2009 at 3:54am
i wonder if BW2 will match with the YMLC Big%20smile
kruno View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2009 at 1:25am
MLC is the 15th blade I bought (I've been keeping all of them in my collection)

I just tried it for 15mins, FH: Beijing tuttle, BH: nittaku micro. The first feelings were:

1. heavy weight
2. good tone
3. Adequate control
4. Good speed
5. slightly vibrate

In Vietnam it costs me around $45. In conclusion, it's a worth blade to try.

PS: please forgive me for my bad English. 
Antony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2011 at 7:56am
For MLC, other than Chinese rubbers on FH for my friend using Cpen, is there any suggestions? He is not a fan of glueing and looks like most people prefer to have it with Chinese rubbers. Anyone has tried something with Donic, Stiga or BTY rubers?
Hong Kong, Singapore, Sweden, Australia
Liu Shiwen & OC-CR (FH: Globe999 BH:M2)
KLHS(FH:G999 BH:T05FX)
TBS(FH:T05 BH:T64)
OC-WRB(FH:H3 BH:Hammond Pro-Alpha)
Carbo7.6(FH:H3 BH:T64)
midge4673 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midge4673 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2011 at 5:33pm
I am an 1100-1200 rated player, female, and have been playing a year and a half.  I have the ma lin carbon blade (off minus) which I like but need to replace Donic Coppa X (chips easily) on my forehand....would you recommend any of the Mark v series rubbers?

I do have an aggressive forehand for the backhand, I loop and block mainly...the forehand, I smash, loop drive and am building consistency with a straight loop.  I'm developing more spin, but would say I emphasize the speed a bit more.

Any other recommendations would be appreciated.
Antony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2011 at 6:05pm
midge4673, are you playing with shakehand?

A friend of mine has used MLC penholder with Mark V 2.0mm for a year. 2.0 seems to be too thin and you should go for a MAX Mark V 30 degree if you want something very close to original Mark V and works well for 40mm balls nowadays.

midge4673 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midge4673 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2011 at 6:14pm
Yes, I use shakehand.  I use 2.0 thickness on the current rubbers; I use Stiga Innova on my BH.  On my original Stiga control blade, I had Skyline 3 on the forehand...is spinny and durable but adds alot of weight to the blade.  My Ma Lin Carbon blade and Stiga control blade with the rubbers are within 2 - 3 grams of each other, but I prefer the Ma Lin Soft Carbon Blade. 

This is probably more info. than you wanted, but I thought I'd add that in.
Antony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2011 at 6:22pm
what stiga control blade did u use?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic