Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Air Bubbles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sajid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sajid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Bubbles
    Posted: 07/27/2012 at 12:51pm
SmileWhat would be the problem if i get air bubbles while i stick my rubber? can i reapir it? if so, how?

thank youSmile
Have a Fight , Get it Right
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 1:15pm
If you have air bubbles between the blade and the sponge then all you have to do is reglue the rubber. If you have air bubbles between the sponge and the topsheet, then the rubber is ruined.

I hope you just have to reglue.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

If you have air bubbles between the blade and the sponge then all you have to do is reglue the rubber. If you have air bubbles between the sponge and the topsheet, then the rubber is ruined.

I hope you just have to reglue.

+1

Usually, air bubbles mean that you don't have enough glue at that particular spot, so the rubber peels off slightly from the blade. If your bubbles are close to the edges, you can try rolling it down and stacking a few books on top. Otherwise, regluing is the only solution.
Viscaria
T05/T64
dashmista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashmista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 3:24pm
Using a roller (doesn't have to be a table tennis brand, you can also just use a tube or pipe of any type) really helps. Not only does it ensure you won't have air bubbles, it stretches the rubber out (depending out how hard you push on the roller when rolling) which I believe gives the rubber added tension.
Table Tennis Equipment Review FB EJ4LYFE at powerpingpong.com for
TTeveryday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTeveryday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 10:56pm
Do you want to roll from the handle up or the top down? 
When you glue on a new rubber, is it best to attach the bottom first or top first to avoid air bubbles between blade and sponge?
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 11:17pm
i usualy put glue on rubber and blade . let it go clear then attach rubber at the end of the handle then place roler there and roll the rubber down slowly whikle applying pressure.. there roll it soem more with more pressure.

if its a used( already cut rubber i would put rubber down without glue( no glue on blade either) andmark on rubber at least 3 points when it in a good position then do the  above
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
kyle90 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 11:26pm
downside of rolling rubber on blade too hard is the rubber will shrink over time
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2012 at 12:16am
Originally posted by dashmista dashmista wrote:

Using a roller (doesn't have to be a table tennis brand, you can also just use a tube or pipe of any type) really helps. Not only does it ensure you won't have air bubbles, it stretches the rubber out (depending out how hard you push on the roller when rolling) which I believe gives the rubber added tension.
On a similar topic today i kinda pushed the roller hard ,after gluing ,while rolling from handle to the top and i realized the rubber stretched to an extent that i could see the pips ( regular inverted rubber) on the surface after it got glued and also had to cut the extra bit of rubber that got stretched , will that ruin the top sheet or longevity of the rubber ?
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2012 at 3:02am
How does one get big air bubbles?  I assume the OP is talking about big air bubbles, not the small ones that one often sees with water based glues.

YosuaYosan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YosuaYosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2012 at 3:14am
Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

How does one get big air bubbles?  I assume the OP is talking about big air bubbles, not the small ones that one often sees with water based glues.

In my opinion, Sir, those who use SG or other VOC-based glue might have increased chance of bubbling give that no rubber roller is used, probably uneven surface when gluing too..
In this case the bubble might be the trapped VOC fume..

The question is, what is Sir Sajid's glue?
GFoT| Blade : ProTop Arylate FL • FH : DHS 3 NEO BLACK MAX • BH : Kokutaku 007 Inner Power Sponge RED MAX

Crossover to Takeover!
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2012 at 7:12am
I think it's fairly hard to get air bubbles with inverted rubber, Chinese even less,so  lie it down on the blade  and a give it quick roll, then into the press
I make quite a number of bats weekly
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
alborz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2012 at 7:24am
only reglue the rubber and past it again.Smile
chameleon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chameleon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2012 at 1:13am
just had a similar problem last night after playing...totally detached the rubber and re-glue it...the problem was i used the roller too much and the rubber/sponge stretched out too...damn!...
Ma Lin Carbon ST
FH: Acuda S3 max
BH: Joola Turbo 2.0
STIGA Offensive Classic
FH: Acuda S2 max
BH: 802-40 max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic