FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Donic BlueFire M2 and M3 review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 12:43pm
I have used the M1 in Max and I really liked it but the weight was a bit too heavy (not really a problem) but the shrinkage was phenomenal. Just wondering about M2 and how much I may loose in in the all out drive department and I really do not want a mushy feeling rubber.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Carryboy Carryboy wrote:

AndySmith, how is the bite on M2????? and is the sponge on the M2 Medium or Medium+ 9same hardness of say Rasant????

The M2 was great, if you could get into the sponge.  Which wasn't THAT difficult.  But I did have a few loops on the M2 which went straight into the net, like the grip had given up.  My forehand loop can get a bit "brushy" sometimes (years of H3 use).

I didn't have that problem with M3 - it played really well, all of the time.  My M3 was black, and M2 was red, so I'm starting to wonder if the red topsheet is slightly less grippy than the black.  It's been very humid recently too, so maybe the grip gives up a bit easier on the red?

Or it could just be that M3's softness makes looping easier, so I can get away with more brushy shots.

About the hardness - I'd say Rasant was somewhere in between M2 and M1 in hardness, so M2 is a touch softer.  M2 definitely throws higher than Rasant, if that's any use to you.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 12:51pm
Yes it is and thanks a lot.

Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
myali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

It's a bit mushy on the LSW at the moment, so I'm moving it to a Virtuoso+

Is it as mushy as Rakza 7 soft?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by myali myali wrote:

It's a bit mushy on the LSW at the moment, so I'm moving it to a Virtuoso+

Is it as mushy as Rakza 7 soft?

No, I'd say the feel is a bit harder than that.  I think the problem is the "dwell" of the BF.  It has an unusual feel of grabbing the ball, and then letting go.  Added to the soft feel of the LSW, it's all a bit "fuzzy".  On the V+, much better.  Had a great session tonight with it.

The R7S is bouncier, so although it's softer, it didn't feel as washed out as the BF did on the LSW.  That's a lot of acronyms, but you get the idea.

Comparing R7S to BF on the LSW is like comparing a classical electron to a quantum electron.  One is definitely there, and one is sort of meeehhhhh everywhere.

Edited by AndySmith - 09/10/2012 at 5:49pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

Slevin sorry, for the late reply if you were talking about me, but I answered all your questions in a reply.

As for m2 I am overly excited about this being finally the replacement for t05 I have been looking for.  I will post more ideas after I play real players.  But on the robot front I am finding since t05 came out, this is the closest rubber to change out side of the tenergy range.

I am definitely looking forward to your impressions!
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 10:11pm
for close to table play even M1 feels soft compared to hexer hd or vega pro or chinese rubbers... or even baracuda.

i struggle to understand how you manage to play with something even softer than M1... it would constantly push me back from the table, if i were to play with it. 

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

i struggle to understand how you manage to play with something even softer than M1... it would constantly push me back from the table, if i were to play with it. 

The player controls the racket, not the other way aroundErmm
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 3:48am
nah!! ... after some time the racket makes the player play the game that it is good for. 

vid1
Vid 2
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 5:31am

for close to table play even M1 feels soft compared to hexer hd or vega pro or chinese rubbers... or even baracuda.

That's the topsheet feel - the sponge is quite hard in reality.  I know what you're saying, but M3 is the first soft tensor I've used that plays great over the table as well.  The low gear really helps in the short(er) game, even though the throw is high.

For me, it plays far better on a harder blade.  But this is just a personal preference.
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 9:41am

That's the topsheet feel - the sponge is quite hard in reality.  I know what you're saying, but M3 is the first soft tensor I've used that plays great over the table as well.  The low gear really helps in the short(er) game, even though the throw is high.

For me, it plays far better on a harder blade.  But this is just a personal preference.

+1. In doubles tonight I was giving very little away with service, service return and pushes in general. I was able to kee pushes short and/orspinny making it very hard for our opponents to open the game. Not sure what my sig says ATM but thats M3 max both sides on Aratox.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Carryboy Carryboy wrote:

I have used the M1 in Max and I really liked it but the weight was a bit too heavy (not really a problem) but the shrinkage was phenomenal. Just wondering about M2 and how much I may loose in in the all out drive department and I really do not want a mushy feeling rubber.
people say the black one is better, how true is that?
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 12:47pm
Not sure, however petermoo swears that the black S1 regular is much spinnier than the red. Maybe that may translate to the the Turbo version as well as the M1. I have a trick (works for me anyway), these new generation rubbers and in particular the Acuda S1 Turbo, I will glue it up and attach to blade and cut then play with it for about 2 days (can use a robot). I then take it off and put it aside for a couple of weeks (It is like aging wine/rubber) and reglue and attach back to the blade. Trust me it is a completely different animal after most of the tuning as dissipated. 
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
LaRedoute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRedoute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 1:22pm
carryboy, do you find a rubber better after tunnig effect disappear?
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 1:53pm
carryboy .... I absolutely agree with you !!!

i think petermoo must have taken a new sheet and tried it.. so did i.  and i had taken it off my blade. 

but after a while when i paste it again.. now it plays way better... and spinnier. 
vid1
Vid 2
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 1:56pm
Noobie question: does taking it off the blade have anything to do with the dissipating of the tuning effect? Or does it happen after a set amount of time after the rubber has been opened from packaging, cut and started being used?
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 1:56pm
For me yes on some of these new generation tensors. There is an enormous amount of the tuning stuff that they use that even the top sheet feels slick. These rubbers are fast wild out of the pack, like a wild card "unpredictable"
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Noobie question: does taking it off the blade have anything to do with the dissipating of the tuning effect? Or does it happen after a set amount of time after the rubber has been opened from packaging, cut and started being used?

I take it off because more than likely I would have another rubber using in the mean time. I do this like a few weeks before I know I will need to change my rubbers.
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 2:01pm
i differ here with carryboy .... i think the tuning goes off even if you keep it pasted on the blade. may be at a slower pace due to less surface area exposed to air.

however it is good idea to re-paste it after that.. because losing tuning means changes in dimension... so there will be stress in the rubber...and it will play unpredictably. when you repaste it releases that stress. 
vid1
Vid 2
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 2:18pm

i differ here with carryboy .... i think the tuning goes off even if you keep it pasted on the blade. may be at a slower pace due to less surface area exposed to air.

however it is good idea to re-paste it after that.. because losing tuning means changes in dimension... so there will be stress in the rubber...and it will play unpredictably. when you repaste it releases that stress. 

i think he's just saying that he would rather use a rubber that doesnt need to dissipate tuning while he waits for the BF to dissipate its tuning (i.e. doesnt want to use a rubber that has weird tuning on it)
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 2:47pm
Hey debraj,

I just noticed your sig...............

"god loves child abusers, hates gays, and outspoken women, and he needs your money !! Back to Top"

Smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is so funny.....................................
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
LaRedoute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRedoute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 3:07pm
i adore fresh tensors Ermm  spin, speed and ball feeling are outstanding.. and my results are exellent with fresh glued new rubbers
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 3:13pm

however it is good idea to re-paste it after that

Dhonnobad Debraj!

Follow-up noobie question: can we remove and re-paste immediately or do we have to keep rubber aside for a couple of days before repasting on blade?
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 3:40pm
carryboy: thanks a ton. he he... it was actually in response to the member "nexy"s signature line.. otherwise i don;t enjoy talking or offending personal beliefs or agendas in public forum. but it cant be different rules for different people. :)

laredhoute: i used to love that too, till the generation before the bludefires. 

slevin: wow!! you surprised me. where you from? ... 
i think its good idea to leave the rubber for an hour or so just to allow it some time to recover from the stressed condition. but 'days' would be a overkill.

vid1
Vid 2
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 3:56pm

slevin: wow!! you surprised me. where you from? ... 
i think its good idea to leave the rubber for an hour or so just to allow it some time to recover from the stressed condition.

Thanks! Sent you a PM...
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Slevin sorry, for the late reply if you were talking about me, but I answered all your questions in a reply.
BTW: what robot model is that in your video?

Cheers, Amicus 3000 - the first model, expensive as hell but without a doubt it gave me $2900 worth of coaching in almost 10 years I used it.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 5:16pm
After day 1 of play with old 05 one side and m2 the other against players day 2 I got m2 both sides.

The black seems grippier but it is a few days newer.  It also looks shinier and glossier but that could be the black mirror effect.

Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 7:47pm
boz: 

when is www.bluefireM2.com coming up?Wink
vid1
Vid 2
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 10:45pm
Very interesting indeed.  I think I will also have to get a sheet of the M2.
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 12:50am

After day 1 of play with old 05 one side and m2 the other against players day 2 I got m2 both sides.

The black seems grippier but it is a few days newer.  It also looks shinier and glossier but that could be the black mirror effect.

why would Donic make the black better than the red?  Just like the Red T05 is better than the Black T05?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic