Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Donic BlueFire M2 and M3 review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Nagatito View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagatito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donic BlueFire M2 and M3 review
    Posted: 08/01/2012 at 9:36pm
Has anyone tried BF M2 or M3 before. Its allready available at a TT shop at spain. If you had tried it please make a review.
Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: T05
BH: Roundell
Sponsored Links

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2012 at 11:44pm
I have an unopened M3 in my possession.... would you like the unopened weight? Wink
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Nagatito View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagatito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2012 at 11:52pm
I really don care about weight if is not head heavy with enough power im fine :D
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2012 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Nagatito Nagatito wrote:

I really don care about weight if is not head heavy with enough power im fine :D
I am waiting on my M2 will comment my views in about a week . On a side note these rubbers sound like the "M" series of a BMW ;) lol
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
virtuososiu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuososiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2012 at 1:57am
Originally posted by right2niru right2niru wrote:

Originally posted by Nagatito Nagatito wrote:

I am waiting on my M2 will comment my views in about a week . On a side note these rubbers sound like the "M" series of a BMW ;) lol
classy lol im interested in Bluefire as well, not sure M1 or M2 to get. look forward to ur review
Nagatito View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagatito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2012 at 6:43am
And I hope I get my M1 in 4 or 5 days hehe
chameleon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chameleon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 4:12am

i already have my Bluefire M1 on my Joola flame extreme. using it on my FH...loving it!...comparable to donic baracuda and acuda S1 Turbo...below are my observation on the 3 rubbers:

Speed:                Acuda S1 Turbo > M1 > Baracuda
Spin (service):     Baracuda > M1 > Acuda S1 Turbo
Spin (loop):         Acuda S1 Turbo > M1 = Baracuda
Throw angle:       Baracuda > M1 > Acuda S1 Turbo
Catapult effect:   Acuda S1 Turbo > M1 > Baracuda

as for the Bluefire M2 and M3, (since i haven't tried these rubbers yet) i guess it will have the same pattern as the acuda's wherein the 1 is the fastest among the three and the 3 with the softest sponge.

hope this helps
Ma Lin Carbon ST
FH: Acuda S3 max
BH: Joola Turbo 2.0
STIGA Offensive Classic
FH: Acuda S2 max
BH: 802-40 max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 6:26pm
using bluefire m3 now on my backhand... it makes the most interesting sound of any rubber I've ever used

immediately against my robot i was in shock at the sound

very bizarre. today i played with it against a human opponent. fairly easy to adjust to, although I was hoping it would have a softer feel with more dwell

the topsheet seems to be under fantastic tension. the sound it makes is like it grabs the ball then quickly snaps back to the position of attention

I'm actually thinking i will put it in the FS section because it's not quite what i'm looking for

Edited by the_theologian - 08/03/2012 at 6:27pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 7:18pm
... Bluefire M3 now in my for sale thread:  http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=52157&PN=1#643911
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2012 at 8:05am
All recent tensors have to be played for 3-4 sessions to reach optimal attributes. They play rather unelastic for a couple sessions. Similiar to Stiga rubbers but it takes less time. 
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2012 at 10:28pm
Based on playing with the M1, I'm guessing the M2 will be similar to T05FX but without the dwell and blocks at a more open angle. I still consider T05 series rubbers to be better, but can't resist the price.
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
Nagatito View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagatito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2012 at 11:23pm
Thats the problem. With the money that you buy a Tenergy you can buy 2 BF at TTnPP
PedramTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PedramTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2012 at 12:17pm
anyone knows the weight difference between M1 M2 M3

is the M2 & M3 has significantly lighter weight than M1

is the topsheet (pimple structure) of all the three the same or they are different ?

Thanks.

Pedram
    The movement which is the existence of the universe is the movement of love.

Ibn 'Arabi, Fusûs al-Hikam
virtuososiu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuososiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2012 at 2:27pm
im interested to know also, any comparison to other rubbers would be great
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2012 at 3:21pm
M1 is the heaviest rubber I've measured at 0.26 g/cm2. Most of the weight is in the topsheet, so M2 is probably only 2g lighter than M1.
Nittaku Resound
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2012 at 8:46pm
I bought the m2 and its pretty similar to 05 for the second day of play.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2012 at 6:03pm
I had asked this on the other forum (no answer) - I'll ask it here again if someone knows:

Do M1, M2 and M3 have the same topsheet?
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2012 at 6:12pm
M2 and M1 are same. 
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Nagatito View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagatito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2012 at 6:14pm
Same topsheet diferent sponge (only hardness)
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2012 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I had asked this on the other forum (no answer) - I'll ask it here again if someone knows:

Do M1, M2 and M3 have the same topsheet?

M1 and M3 are the same. However the black topsheet seems grippier than the red. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or it's just me.
Nittaku Resound
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2012 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

M2 and M1 are same. 

Originally posted by cotdt cotdt wrote:

M1 and M3 are the same. 

Thanks!
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 12:25am
Slevin sorry, for the late reply if you were talking about me, but I answered all your questions in a reply.

As for m2 I am overly excited about this being finally the replacement for t05 I have been looking for.  I will post more ideas after I play real players.  But on the robot front I am finding since t05 came out, this is the closest rubber to change out side of the tenergy range.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 12:56am
what is the uncut (or cut - on waht blade?) weight of m2 and m3?
chameleon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chameleon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 1:00am
will definitely try this combo (M2/M3) on my donic waldner black devil...
Ma Lin Carbon ST
FH: Acuda S3 max
BH: Joola Turbo 2.0
STIGA Offensive Classic
FH: Acuda S2 max
BH: 802-40 max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 8:48am
unfortunately I had no battery for my scales but it feels a touch heavier than my 64 but that might be because it is cut full size.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 9:15am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

Slevin sorry, for the late reply if you were talking about me, but I answered all your questions in a reply.

Hi bozbrisvegas, no I was actually referring to the other Bluefire thread on this forum. Thanks for answering those questions in your forum - very useful.

I know that you have your hands full with M2, but I hope you acquire an M1 as well sometime soon - as I would love to see your comparison between the two.

It is quite possible that the M1 is just as spinny as M2 but faster / more lethal in loop-drives and smashes. So, I wonder whether you'd ever like it given that you like playing from a bit away from the table. Though, I must imagine that one might find the M1 a bit less forgiving due to the slightly harder sponge.

BTW: what robot model is that in your video?
ojej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ojej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 9:45am
nice roller boz Thumbs Up 

i've played about one month m1 on spark and tested m2 / m3 too and m1 has much harder sponge topsheet seems to be the same... i think bluefire m1 is tunned after few sessions feels a little bit dead but when it's fresh m1 has a lot of power specially as for speed and spin in mid distance Smile disadvantage is weight too heavy for me see below weight of m1 and few other rubbers (sorry but i don't have pics m2/m3...)

bluefire m1 2,2

t25 2,1

spinart 2,1

t05 2,1

rasant 2,1

aurus 2,1

stiga erik lindh offensive evolution
fh: tenergy 05
bh: tenergy 05

my feedback
myali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 12:11pm
I recently got a sheet of red M2 in 2.0. Uncut weight was 68 grams. The final cut weight to YEO was 48 grams. I also have a sheet of black M1 in 2.0 which I have not opened yet. I am a little hesitant in trying M1 as it may be a little harder and faster for me.

So far with the M2 and YEO combination, it is working pretty good. I practiced with it for two hours. The drives are accurate. The loops are spinny and have a lot more power away from the table also. Counterlooping was not that difficult although I was coming from hexer duro with has a much lower throw. It did need some adjustment but after a while it seemed good. It is a little fast but hopefully I'll get used to it soon.

I was curious how M3 would be. I am interested in reading about it.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by myali myali wrote:

I was curious how M3 would be. I am interested in reading about it.
I've used M2 and M3 on the same blade for 2 weeks now.  M3 is easier to use in the loop - you can really get the sponge working for you.  With very little effort, you can get monster sidespin on your loops.

M2 feels a bit more solid, better for blocking IMO, still great spin from the topsheet.

I'm going to try M3 on a harder blade next.  It's got amazing gears - I think it can cope with a faster, harder blade more than the last gen of tensors.  It's a bit mushy on the LSW at the moment, so I'm moving it to a Virtuoso+
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 12:39pm
AndySmith, how is the bite on M2????? and is the sponge on the M2 Medium or Medium+ 9same hardness of say Rasant????
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic