FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

How to cut rubbers with 1-2 mm overlap/excess

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2012 at 6:56pm
can someone post a link to where it is sold?
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Sponsored Links

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2012 at 8:24pm
As someone said earlier in the thread, use a thick sidetape to guide the cutting implement. Here's one I did earlier:

Edited by Tinykin - 12/18/2012 at 8:28pm
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2012 at 9:52pm
soo..... where can i buy the machine. Link pleasee.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2012 at 9:52pm
Donic has a very thick sidetape with foam inside it.
caballero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caballero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2012 at 5:41am
The machine seems to have gone up in price here. Has anybody from the forum tried it yet?
Hurray for independent blade-makers:

Leidy's Rapscallion
Charlie's 1Ply & 9-10-9
American Hinoki's WRC Quantum 3-ply

Feedback Caballero
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2012 at 1:19pm
i want to buy it but not from someone in australia with 0 feedback. Other sources
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2012 at 11:27am
bumpie. I want to buy this. 
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2012 at 1:03pm
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2012 at 9:10pm
Has anyone noticed that generally, Chinese manufactured items are getting more and more expensive? I
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
lixiaoduo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lixiaoduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2012 at 9:39am
experience View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote experience Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2012 at 9:51am
thank you
SAMSONOV ALPHA
YASAKA Pride 30
Yasaka Rakza 7

Anderni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2012 at 9:55am

Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Has anyone noticed that generally, Chinese manufactured items are getting more and more expensive? I

I read that with one of the major Chinese sports jersey producers, the workers are paid four times as much as workers in Bangladesh. (Where H&M source a lot of their production.)

This was reported by the manager of a small German TT brand, so I can believe that.

Apart from that, you can get a Samsonov Alpha, produced in Slovenia, for 24 euro/32$, which compares very well to prices on Yinhe's all-wood blades.
Can get Hexer Duro for 25$, much cheaper than Tin Arc, and about the same price as factory tuned rubber from Sword.

So, yeah. :)

Edited by Anderni - 12/23/2012 at 10:03am
lixiaoduo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lixiaoduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 5:00am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

i want to buy it but not from someone in australia with 0 feedback. Other sources
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 5:07am
Originally posted by lixiaoduo lixiaoduo wrote:

Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

yeah this seller has 0 feedback
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

This is to be expected for a couple of reasons.  People earn more and living standards are generally increasing, at least in cities. This increases costs of production. Also, prices will increase a lot if the Chinese government allows their currency to float a bit more.  Back in 2007, $1 (USD) was worth about 8 RMB.  Now the Chinese government has allowed it to come down to somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 RMB, which is still quite artificially high.  It keeps the prices of their products low on the world market, and it allows visitors to China to feel insanely rich with the purchasing power they command, but it probably won't stay that way forever.  
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2018 at 1:20pm
My guess is cutting with scissors would be the best way to do this.... For those like myself who cut with a knife, maybe we can find a thick non-sticky tape of some sort

kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2018 at 1:47pm
It is good that this thread is dug out again.  
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2018 at 1:50pm
Using thick edge tape is a convenient and effective way to me. Will try next time.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2018 at 4:09pm
Draw a contour on the sponge with a felt Tip Pen, a big finger-sized pen.

Be happy.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2018 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

My guess is cutting with scissors would be the best way to do this.... For those like myself who cut with a knife, maybe we can find a thick non-sticky tape of some sort.
====================
That electric cutting machine is subjected to break-down, and you will need to send it to the garbage dump.

I use a pair of titanium scissors. (I will never buy that cutting machine.)

You can get them in Walmart. A package of 3 pairs titanium scissors doesn't cost much.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2018 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

My guess is cutting with scissors would be the best way to do this.... For those like myself who cut with a knife, maybe we can find a thick non-sticky tape of some sort.
====================
That electric cutting machine is subjected to break-down, and you will need to send it to the garbage dump.

I use a pair of titanium scissors. (I will never buy that cutting machine.)

You can get them in Walmart. A package of 3 pairs titanium scissors doesn't cost much.

Spray the scissors with Windex before cutting.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2018 at 9:34pm
The best way is with a scalpel. The thin blade is what makes it easy. Tried a heap of different knives and blades and none of them cut clean one a scalpel.

Put foam edge tape on then slice with scalpel
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2018 at 9:43pm
The most professional way to do this is 

A) Glue as normal
B) Cut rubber to blade size
C) Remove rubber after 24 hours
D) Apply booster to glue layer
E) Wait 24-48 Hours
F) Reglue rubber

Here's what it looks like:

The people who get shrinkage on ESN rubbers are likely using rubber cement and a roller, which stretches ESN rubbers. Rubber cement isn't as strong as most WBG and will allow the ESN rubber to shrink in place, leaving exposed blade face.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
ForeverU850 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForeverU850 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 2:04am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

What happened to that electric rubber cutting machine? we can't find it anywhere.

I don't mean to criticize but it seems like there would be some simpler solutions than that bulky and noisy thing.

This is the most excessive thing I have ever seen, but yet I'm glad I saw it. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 5:17am
You also place a spacer on the blade so that when you cut the rubber it will have extra soace on the edge.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 10:18am
I tried the box cutter with a NEW blade.
I didn't like it at all.

A pair of scissors is still the easiest way to cut the rubber, for me at least.
(Next time, I will try to spray the scissors with Windex as suggested by jt99sf.
Have no idea what Windex does.)

Edited by skip3119 - 12/12/2018 at 10:21am
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 11:25am
Just use several layers of tape around the blade prior to cutting. It needn't be official table tennis edge tape; any tape with some thickness and a smooth surface to cut against works fine. Then place blade on a cutting board and cut with a single edge razor pressed against the tape while held vertically. Make several passes with the blade, i.e. don't try to cut through the entire sponge+topsheet in a single pass!
BBC, SP, LP
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 11:33am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

I tried the box cutter with a NEW blade.
I didn't like it at all.

A pair of scissors is still the easiest way to cut the rubber, for me at least.
(Next time, I will try to spray the scissors with Windex as suggested by jt99sf.
Have no idea what Windex does.)

Windex adds grip (no slip) while cutting.

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 1:28pm

SOME OVTCHAROV's RIDDLE .....
Do ask Ovtcharov Dimitry how is he able to trim his rubber this way. 4 mm rubber
hanging out all along the blade margin. Some Riddle of the Sphinx, indeed .

Riddle of the Sphinx (Knowledge is akin gold coinages. The more you know the better fortune you possess).

It is sayed the riddle being asked was as follows:
Quote "Which creature has one voice and yet becomes four-footed and two-footed and three-footed?"
Sphinks then strangled and devoured anyone who could not answer. Greece's king Oedipus did solved the riddle by answering:
    -- ega dlo ni kcits gniklaw a sesu neht dna ,tluda na sa teef owt no sklaw neht ,ybab a sa sruof lla no slwarc ohw—naM"

By some accounts, there was a second riddle: "There are two sisters: one gives birth to the other and she, in turn, gives birth to the first. Who are the two sisters?"
-- The answer is ʇɥƃıu рuɐ ʎɐр
Oedipus explains the riddle of the Sphinx, by hand of Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres, c. 1805
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus#/media/File:IngresOdipusAndSphinx.jpg
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

SOME OVTCHAROV's RIDDLE .....
Do ask Ovtcharov Dimitry how is he able to trim his rubber this way. 4 mm rubber
hanging out all along the blade margin. Some Riddle of the Sphinx, indeed .

Riddle of the Sphinx (Knowledge is akin gold coinages. The more you know the better fortune you possess).

It is sayed the riddle being asked was as follows:
Quote "Which creature has one voice and yet becomes four-footed and two-footed and three-footed?"
Sphinks then strangled and devoured anyone who could not answer. Greece's king Oedipus did solved the riddle by answering:
    -- ega dlo ni kcits gniklaw a sesu neht dna ,tluda na sa teef owt no sklaw neht ,ybab a sa sruof lla no slwarc ohw—naM"

By some accounts, there was a second riddle: "There are two sisters: one gives birth to the other and she, in turn, gives birth to the first. Who are the two sisters?"
-- The answer is ʇɥƃıu рuɐ ʎɐр
Oedipus explains the riddle of the Sphinx, by hand of Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres, c. 1805
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus#/media/File:IngresOdipusAndSphinx.jpg

I'm sure he has people that does that for him. LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic