Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Rosewood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Big Looper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Looper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Rosewood
    Posted: 08/17/2012 at 3:31am
Hi guys
I was looking at buying a Stiga rosewood NCT V but i am unsure how fast it is compared to my
Donic Carbotox or Butterfly Alc.
Does anybody use the rosewood nct v and how fast is it.
does anybody know how heavy the Rosewood nct v is.
thanksSmile
Sponsored Links

Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2012 at 3:40am
Weight is 85-90g mostly, speed is slower and both faster then the ALC, slower if you want to make a slow shot and faster if you want it to be faster. Better feel though, throw a bit higher. More control (thanks to feel) and more spin imo.
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2012 at 10:15am
all rosewoods (V or VII) have incredible top gear speeds if you have good technique 
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
gweipwu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gweipwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2012 at 12:07pm
rosewood nct v is not fast but it is ok if you are used to TB ALC's speed. Rosewood nct v is light, about 85g on my ST rosewood v.
For me I prefer TB ALC. They are different in feelings.
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2012 at 1:33pm
For just a little bit more money, I would just get TB ALC ST.  It's the best one out there imo.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2012 at 5:03pm
Its speed is between the acoustic and the tb alc, great feel. No feel of incongiality of the tb alc. if you play closer to the table go for rwv if u r an all out aggressive looper go to tb alc.
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Looper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2012 at 8:29pm
Thanks for the feedback guys
I was also looking at the Rosewood nct v XO.
But looking at the specs it gains speed but loses 1 point controll to me the standard rosewood would still be the better overall blade.
Has anybody tried the XO Yet.
Cheers.
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2012 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Big Looper Big Looper wrote:

Thanks for the feedback guys
I was also looking at the Rosewood nct v XO.
But looking at the specs it gains speed but loses 1 point controll to me the standard rosewood would still be the better overall blade.
Has anybody tried the XO Yet.
Cheers.

T05 2.1 | VISCARIA | T64 1.9
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2012 at 1:00pm
The rw v is the most challenging blade i ever had. Still discovering new things. The hollow handle and the extraordinary feeling allows to handle the blade in somewhat different ways than other blades.

With chinese in fh there is a lot of freedom and feeling to play a powerful game with variation.

At a point i was uncomfortable about the sweet spot. Had to hit in the precise spot. With the time i feel more comfortable but still missing not so much precision about it.

However i have been able to have the best score records against the most difficult players so the result of the handling effort is paying. maybe not so consistent about average scoring as other blades.

A difficult part for me is the service. The rw balance still makes uncomfortable to have the precision motion in the service.
One can create a lot of variation in the playing game. As XX.
It is not an amateur blade. 

It needs time.

I like rw v with chinese. If you like Tenergy i would go with tb alc for sure.

Edited by ejmaster - 08/18/2012 at 7:27pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
tayyabsaeedkhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tayyabsaeedkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2012 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Big Looper Big Looper wrote:

Hi guys
I was looking at buying a Stiga rosewood NCT V but i am unsure how fast it is compared to my
Donic Carbotox or Butterfly Alc.
Does anybody use the rosewood nct v and how fast is it.
does anybody know how heavy the Rosewood nct v is.
thanksSmile

Hi can you please tell me something about Donic Carbotox blade. Its speed and feeling compared to Boll ALC.

That would be great.
Regards
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2012 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

The rw v is the most challenging blade i ever had. Still discovering new things. The hollow handle and the extraordinary feeling allows to handle the blade in somewhat different ways than other blades.

With chinese in fh there is a lot of freedom and feeling to play a powerful game with variation.

At a point i was uncomfortable about the sweet spot. Had to hit in the precise spot. With the time i feel more comfortable but still missing not so much precision about it.

However i have been able to have the best score records against the most difficult players so the result of the handling effort is paying. maybe not so consistent about average scoring as other blades.

A difficult part for me is the service. The rw balance still makes uncomfortable to have the precision motion in the service.
One can create a lot of variation in the playing game. As XX.
It is not an amateur blade. 

It needs time.

I like rw v with chinese. If you like Tenergy i would go with tb alc for sure.

ejmaster: do you use H3 or TG3 for your RW5 FH? thanks,
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2012 at 9:46pm
hi,
i use new era cartoon boy 45 - 47 º. It is a chinese tension. Orange sponge type as the H3 but faster.

in the old days i use h3 glued. at present this is the best rubber i found close to it. Difficult to find.

i guess a good h3 tuned ot tg are going to be also a good deal to the rwv.

i am curious about the orange sponge chinese type DN and LXX were using.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2012 at 10:59pm
Is it the Yasaka New Era? I think these H3 are for National version ones. I think Xu Xin is using the same H3 for RW5 as well. Thanks. 
RPB Rocks!

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2012 at 7:06am
Yes it is the yasaka new era. But it is the one with a cartoon boy in the cover. There are different ones. And the one i like it is the 2.0 what it is thick and fast enough with good touch. difficult to find.

EJ Club.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Looper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2012 at 8:54am
IMO the ALC has more feel than the carbotox and for speed they are about the same, if you have the cash go the ALC.
eecrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eecrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2012 at 10:42am
i need to give another chance to my rw5... maybe with hexerHD on fh and genius on bh...

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2012 at 11:13am
you should try 40deg provincial H3, lightly boost it just to skip the break in somewhat and after that dont touch it... its a beast.

same with TG3 Blue sponge jsut less boosting and then leave it
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
eecrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eecrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2012 at 1:42pm
great ... can you tell me where to get a good one?
thanks
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2012 at 1:49pm
eacheng and ttnpp sell them
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2012 at 4:04pm
Thanks Decoi.
RPB Rocks!

eecrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eecrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2012 at 9:52am
thanks a lot.. i think i did a stupid thing sanding off to remove that coat.. (or not..) :)
khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2012 at 10:27am
tabletennis11.com has a sale of $82 for R5 last three weeks but just ended.
you may wait a little bit for next sale.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 5:02pm
I also have to lightly sand the surface to improve the glue bounding. The NCT surface is too slippery for some of my rubbers with shrunk sponge. I know I might have weaken the NCT layer, but I don't think it's too big a deal. 
RPB Rocks!

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by simon_xuan simon_xuan wrote:

I also have to lightly sand the surface to improve the glue bounding. The NCT surface is too slippery for some of my rubbers with shrunk sponge. I know I might have weaken the NCT layer, but I don't think it's too big a deal. 

do not sand the surface. varnish the surface. the nct coat favours to apply a seal coat. then you have protected the blade and the nct coat.

this is the way to go.
EJ Club.

tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2012 at 4:06am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Originally posted by simon_xuan simon_xuan wrote:

do not sand the surface. varnish the surface. the nct coat favours to apply a seal coat. then you have protected the blade and the nct coat.

this is the way to go.

No it's not. Varnishing the NCT coat will affect it just as much as sanding it; it will change its playing characteristics. The best thing to do would be to leave it completely alone, and learn how to glue properly.
VladiTT View Drop Down
Post #57918

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladiTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2012 at 4:22am
thats a matter of a personal preferences,will not affect more than 0.1 % playing  charakteristics of the blade 

Edited by VladiTT - 08/23/2012 at 4:23am
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2012 at 4:32am
Originally posted by VladiTT VladiTT wrote:

thats a matter of a personal preferences,will not affect more than 0.1 % playing  charakteristics of the blade 

Do you have a link to a study or experiment that demonstrates this claim?
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2012 at 4:40am
Laquer doesn't seem to affect hardwoods, but it does make hinoki woods feel a touch sharper.
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
VladiTT View Drop Down
Post #57918

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladiTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2012 at 4:43am
no i dont, im talkin about how i feel the diference
how about you,share a video or a proof how varnish or sanding will change blade

Edited by VladiTT - 08/23/2012 at 4:43am
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2012 at 4:48am
Rosewood and Ebenholz DON'T need varnishing or sanding. Don't destroy such expensive blades.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic