Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hexer close to tenergy 05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
el gato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el gato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hexer close to tenergy 05
    Posted: 08/22/2012 at 10:27am

Hi can you tell me please ,andro hexer or hexer hd is close to tenergy 05 ?

Sponsored Links

silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 10:41am
in terms of sponge hardness and feel. Hexer HD feels closer to T05 than Hexer. 
but in reality, i have found nothing that can match tenergy in terms of spin, throw and durability. 
i think for most players, Hexer HD is good enough. 
RSM Special Platinum T64
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 2:22pm
I was told that Hexer was very similar to T05, but that it was even better. So, I gave it a try. To be honest, it was nothing like T05, not even close. A lot less spin, less speed and the worst part was, an unpredictable sponge! Sometimes it would "catapult" the ball, other times it felt completely dead and I never knew what to expect from it.

Later on, the same guy told me that Hexer HD was the sh*t and that it was better then T05. I never bothered to try it, but the fact is, people are still looking for rubbers similar to T05, which should tell you something; T05 is still the sh*t, the rubber every other rubber tries to beat.

The rubber that comes closest to T05 (of those I have tried) is Red Diamond, a very good rubber, but it ain't T05.
The holy grail
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 3:13pm
I haven't tried everything out there by a long shot.  What I have tried is not really like T05.  But, if I had to use something else, the tensors I have liked best are Hexer and Rakza 7.  Also, Adidas P7 was not bad.  Some of the Stiga rubbers were ok too.  I've not felt Hexer HD.

Bottom line is I am still paying the ridiculous prices they charge for T05, only I change less often. 
greenhousejake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenhousejake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 5:45pm
I use hexar + on my bh and donic bluefire on my fh after using t05 on my fh and t05fx on my bh and the donicis far much spinier,faster and has vast amount more contol and lasts a very long time 
blade:zhang jike arylate-carbon
fh:donic bluefire m1
bh:t05
smoothjaime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothjaime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 7:30pm
I got a Hexer HD and use it to replace a Tenergy 64. I start w/ Tenergy 05 on my forehand and the HD on my backhand, the HD Have more spin than 05 good for blocking but kind of unsteady speed wise. Next day I start playing w/ HD on my forehand and I start playing better, at times may be a little slower, controlable but It feels like I'm playing w/ a Tenergy 64. My loops are great and I notice better playing from mid range. Overall Tenergy may be better but Hexer HD is a really good rubber. Cheaper.
Butterfly Korbel SK 7
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic