FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Force Pro Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Force Pro Blade Review
    Posted: 09/02/2012 at 8:06am

Samsonov Force Pro blade (flared)

Weight: 89 grams
Thickness: 6mm
Head dimensions: 151x155mm
Speed: Off
Plies: 7 ply (limba out- ayous inner plies)

I have seen so few reviews about this underated blade online and so I asked to get one. This is another high quality all wood 7 ply blade from TIbhar. At first look and inspection, its a finely crafted balde and has some aesthetic qualities in terms of simplicity and because I love the blue handle. 

I used the Tibhar 5Q and 1Q as test rubbers for the blade since I'm already used to these rubbers for quite sometime now. The Force Pro has a compact blade head size enabling better balance the moment I held it with those 2 mentioned rubbers that are a bit heavy if in max. In this setup it wasn't head heavy enough to be considered heavy but rather more on the balanced side.

My first drills with the Force Pro were filed with fast balls. Despite of its similarity in construction with other limba-ayous 7 ply all wood blades, the Force Pro feels a bit harder than a classic 7 ply all wood limba-ayous blade. With the same feel as its classic equivalents, the improvements are that its faster and  stronger on power shots. Doing slow top spins is still good with this fast all wood blade but this is suited more for power drives and counter spins. I feel the distance is good close to the table and also middle distance. It excels in smashing, hard counter top spins and to some extent slow looping. It has a medium to high throw when used with the 5Q and 1Q rubbers. 

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Benigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2012 at 8:28am
Thanks for the review, I was also trying to find reviews on this blade but they were non-existent until now.I have to say, the blade looks very nice and the finish on it is superb! Do you reckon chinese rubbers would work on this? And how did you find loop-driving? 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2012 at 8:52am
benigma, yes they are good for the force pro. I forgot to mention that I also tested this with the Grip-S Europe which is a chinese rubber. I reckon H3 will also be good. I tried loopdrving with the Force Pro together with the 5Q and Grip S Europe. I find that its very good to loop drive with especially if you try to hit an of the bounce underspin ball that is half long.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2012 at 3:06pm
 Thanks yogi nice review! That is a very nice looking blade how would it compare to Stiga Clipper? Wow with 1Q and 5Q that must be a very fast setup. It's nice to see a manufacturer that has excellent sense to design such a nice looking blade.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2012 at 7:57pm
thanks frogger. in terms of weight distribution in the blade the force pro is more balanced and i noticed that it has less vibration than the classic clipper wood. more or less the force pro has a harder feel when hitting the ball and is faster by a notch

murian View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2014 at 3:40am
Hello Yogi Bear, < id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display: none;">

Have you also tested the Tibhar Stratus Power Wood? If yes can you compare it to Samsonov Force Pro? 

Thanks,
Iulian
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2014 at 4:10am
stratus powerwood is heavier but i find the blade faster than force pro

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2014 at 10:02am
I'd been looking for closeups of this blade. Thanks yogi
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2014 at 11:09am
IMO Stratus PW< SFP<being Clipper CR the fastest of them.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 03/05/2014 at 11:15am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
murian View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2014 at 5:44am
Hi, Yogi Bear. Thanks for the good info you provide here. 

Where would you place the Samsonov Force Pro in relation to the Adidas 7 ply woods you like so much. I'm talking about the new and yet unavailable in Europe, Adidas Strike Wood 7 and the Challenge Speed, which is available. I'm interested mostly in speed, touch (soft or hard) and weight. I use Evolution rubbers which are heavy so I don't want a head heavy bat. From your reviews I gather that Strike Wood 7 is a bit softer in touch and can be lighter than Challenge Speed. Now would Samsonov keep the reasonable weight and be a bit harder in touch than the Strike Wood? I guess also Challenge Speed would be faster than Samsonov Force Pro? 

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2014 at 7:02am
i would say the force pro is a softer challenge speed. the force pro has a smaller blade head than the strike wood 7 so i think its lighter. kindly check my blade weight review on the force pro and challenge speed

pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2015 at 11:14am
anyi ideas where to  buy force pro blade in conic handle? i have heard its available at vsports.es but i am unable to place order there for some reason. 

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic