Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Mythic Long Pips Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Mythic Long Pips Review
    Posted: 09/02/2012 at 8:46am

Tibhar Mythic Long pimples

Thickness: black 0.5mm 
Test Blades: Tibhar CO-S-3 straight

A lot of people have settled with the Tibhar Grass defense that most of them didn't bother to try the newer Mythic LP. I tested this lp together with another friend who is a good chopper. He was using the Tibhar Grass defence LP so he is a good source of comparing the 2 lp rubbers. Upon inspection, the Mythic has a soft wavy long pips. My chopper friend claims that it feels a lil softer than the Tibhar Grass. 

Here are some close up pics of the Mythic pips:

The Mythic was very easy to use. Having used a handful of long pips like RITC 837 and 755, Dawei 388-C and Doublefish 1615 for hitting and blocking, I can say I can review the Mythic with some info. I used the Mythic on my friend's CO-S-3 blade with a Tibhar Genius on its forehand. Its very easy to use. Its like using an RITC 837 with ease in terms of blocking and chopping but with more profound effects. In hitting its as easy to use as an RITC 755. WHat I like about it is that its easy to attack underspin balls while being able to chop with it at the same time. My friend swears that it has a spinnier reversal than his former Grass Def LP and he could control it better when he is slapping the ball or hitting long serves. When he used it and I played against him his chops are spinnier than his previous LP. Also the Mythic behaves that its unlike the TSP Curl PR-1 that its too linear and a bit predictable on the reversal of spin. The Mythic felt harder to read on its reversal also. 

Time will tell of its durability. Tibhar says that its more durable than the Grass Def. All in al a very good LP that is under rated LP.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2012 at 10:06am
Thanks Yogi, I had wondered about this rubber. The pimple look closer together compared the Dtecs, but if they're really quite soft, they might be worth a try!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2012 at 8:06pm
too bad i wasnt able to measure the pip size and distance of both the grass and mythic
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Slade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2012 at 8:14pm
^ What about vs. P1R.
USATT 1700 ··· 11/02/2013   ◄ ПЕШ
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2012 at 8:18pm
The bases of the pips look to be conical/reinforced. Do you typically break pips at their bases like I do? Please keep us informed as to its durability.
BBC, SP, LP
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2012 at 8:40pm
slade, while played both against the p1R and mythic, i think mythic is much harder to read on spins and also p1R is very linear or predictable on its revearsal. i think mythic is also a better hitting rubber than the p1R

nathanso, yes i have yet to see its durability. my chopper friend had his tibhar grass defense for 3 months now with now problem hope this lasts longer with him

firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 4:21am
Yogi is it faster or slower then p1r?some say these 2 are similar
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 8:44am
firetack, more or less the same speed

nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 11:03am
So, I'd guess far slower than 755, which is one of the fastest OX LPs I've tested.
BBC, SP, LP
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 9:16pm
yup its slower than 755 because its pips are softer and it was built more fore chopping

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic