Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tibhar Grip-S Europe & Grip-S Europe Soft Review
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Grip-S Europe & Grip-S Europe Soft Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Grip-S Europe & Grip-S Europe Soft Review
    Posted: 09/04/2012 at 8:58pm
Rubber: Tibhar Grip-S Europe max (2.1mm) red 
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon flared
Glue: Elmer's rubber cement
Uncut Size: 172x175mm 
Uncut Weight: 68 gms
Sponge Hardness: medium hard

Rubber: Tibhar Grip-S Europe Soft max (2.1mm) black
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon flared
Glue: Elmer's rubber cement
Uncut Size: 172x175mm 
Uncut Weight: 64 gms
Sponge Hardness: medium soft

The Grip-S Europe 

VS.

The Grip-S Europe Soft

Both rubbers were designed as an improvement of the first Grip-S in which players wanted a little more speed on their set-up. These 2 differ in sponge hardness from each other with the same topsheet and same ittf batch number.

Both are heavily tuned and they dome upon removing the plastic from both sides. They are tacky as what expected from a chinese topsheet.

Grip-S Europe

Europe Soft

Both rubbers have also a layer of glue like substance at the back of the sponge as seen on the picture below. This is also common among neo dhs rubbers.

Anyway, both the europe and europe soft felt faster than the original Grip-S. The europe is the fastest among the 3 versions while the original is the slowest.  When driving both rubbers they felt more bouncier. The europe soft particulary has a good feel. Its not super soft but medium soft only. It lets you bury the ball into the sponge if you have a stroke that needs more sponge than just light brushing the ball. 

Being Chinese rubbers, these 2 are still not super fast rubbers like their euro brothers but they are spinny as hell. Both are spinnier than the 5Q rubber when brush looping or doing spinny loops with the Europe having an extra speed and the europe soft bent on having extra control. The Europe is really good on forward brushing above the table. With its design, its easier to loop drive half long underspin ball above the table, on the rise or off the bounce timing on contact. The Europe soft is more like an intermediate or developing player's rubber that gives a player good control while making spin easier. Especially for a player who hasn't develop his light contact brush on the ball but rather rely on spinning the ball thru sinking of the ball on the sponge, the europe soft would good for this type of player. Both rubbers are spinny in terms of underspin pushes and serves. Also good for spinny sidespin serves.

I would say the speed of the Europe is off- and the Europe soft all++. Both should be good near the table only. It would take a little time to adjust to their sensitivity to their spin by a few sessions.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 9:01pm
nice review Yogi.  Which one would you say is more spinny?  original Grip-S  or Grip-S europe?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 9:03pm
i think they have both the same level of spin with the europe being faster and a lil bit softer. the original one is kinda slow for my taste
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 9:05pm
yup, i thought the original was very slow, at least bouncing.  but it works wonderfully well for blocking and looping, that's why I decided to keep this rubber especially how spinny the topsheet is. 

Great review by the way, thank you!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 9:37pm
the europe soft is also a good blocking rubber by the way. the europe pushes better though

manofan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manofan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 10:25pm
How hard they are, compared with other rubbers?
And the Throw?
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 10:26pm
how soft is the soft version compared to sriver fx, F3S, or t05fx
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

how soft is the soft version compared to sriver fx, F3S, or t05fx

Grip-S Soft is much harder than all of those.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 6:12am
high throw, eventhough the europe soft is medium soft its kinda like a 36 degree chinese sponge

Anderni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 6:53am
 You mentioned they felt bouncier than the Grip-S when driving. What about the short game, and serve returns, how do you compare them to the Grip-S? 

Edited by Anderni - 09/05/2012 at 6:54am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 8:48am
all of the 3 grip-s rubber versions, i dont have any problem in the short game like flicks or drop shots since using a tacky rubber for receiving serves and things i have mentioned are not hard to do compared to using euro rubbers.

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 9:11am
Great review Yogi! 

As a user of GSE/GSES all i can say i´m 100 agree with your review.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 9:51am
thanks jonyer. by the way, how did you deal with the glue at the back of the sponges?

manofan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manofan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 11:44am
Just one more question. how is it in the counterLoop???
Stoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 12:01pm
Me coming from chinese rubbers had problem because i had to use more sponge and didnt feel much comfortable. Once i used sponge it was very easy and controlable.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

thanks jonyer. by the way, how did you deal with the glue at the back of the sponges?

I strongly recommend not to peel it off from sponge. I did it with GSES then tuned and after a couple of weeks became a garbage  ( topsheet completely oxidized losing all its tack, became DEAD).  If you ever try to tune it,  i´d suggest to put a few thick coats of water based glue on sponge,  then apply tune layer on the WBS, not the bare sponge. For some reason tuning filtrates on sponge, then ruins the topsheet.

I hope it helps :)

Edited by jonyer1980 - 09/05/2012 at 1:05pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by manofan manofan wrote:

Just one more question. how is it in the counterLoop???

if you know how to brush loop then countering close to the table is good. mid distance though is a different story

jonyer, ok thanks for the info

loop+loop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loop+loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 10:04pm
Strange as I find the dome is in the wrong way.
dabeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 7:05am
Yogi,..how about
Grip-S Europe Soft vs Adidas P7 ?

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 9:41am
on softer loops, grip-s is spinnier also on serves and pushes but on more powerful shots and away from the table, p7 is spinnier. p7 is softer

mark20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 9:57am
does is play like haifu whale 2?
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 11:18am
Originally posted by mark20 mark20 wrote:

does is play like haifu whale 2?

Like the Haifu Whale II with Red Sponge. I think they are the same rubber. I play both and they play and look the same. Spinny!!
CURRENT BLADE- Ross Leidy White Lightning

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 7:53pm
yes, i almost 100% sure haifu made the rubber for Tibhar

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic