FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Innerforce ZLC reviews?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Innerforce ZLC reviews?
    Posted: 09/09/2012 at 11:00pm
Are there any Innerforce ZLC reviews?  Please share the link with me if there is such a post, thank you.
Sponsored Links

dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 2:53am
its not ridiculously fast, very woody feeling. great with tenergy 05 on FH, this was modeled after zhang yining's blade. I think it would do well with H3 on FH too. my blade is 89 grams I think. the wings bothered me, so i sanded them. large sweet spot, not carbon pingy and not like glass fiber crackle, its more like a woody crisp sound when you hit the ball. consistent, great for blocking-- very stable and not too hard, I think t05 is perfect for this blade and a lower throw, consistent BH rubber will always be a winner. everyone i know who has tried one had good things to say. again, wood like feeling and dwell but fast and hard enough to work with modern rubbers. tried it with sriver and it was awful

oreder it from japan-tt - even with ems its probably cheaper than BTY USA prices, i just bought a second one today from them with T05 and T64

not a good review but my own experience with the blade.
I dont know if you know speedy on this forum but he said of all the IF blades this one was the best. (pretty sure he tried every one)
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 4:03am
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

its not ridiculously fast, very woody feeling. great with tenergy 05 on FH, this was modeled after zhang yining's blade. I think it would do well with H3 on FH too. my blade is 89 grams I think. the wings bothered me, so i sanded them. large sweet spot, not carbon pingy and not like glass fiber crackle, its more like a woody crisp sound when you hit the ball. consistent, great for blocking-- very stable and not too hard, I think t05 is perfect for this blade and a lower throw, consistent BH rubber will always be a winner. everyone i know who has tried one had good things to say. again, wood like feeling and dwell but fast and hard enough to work with modern rubbers. tried it with sriver and it was awful

oreder it from japan-tt - even with ems its probably cheaper than BTY USA prices, i just bought a second one today from them with T05 and T64

I dont know if you know speedy on this forum but he said of all the IF blades this one was the best. (pretty sure he tried every one)

is it faster or slower than TBS or TB ALC?
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 7:39pm
havent played enough with those blades to give a fair guess, i would only say they might be slower due to the lack of carbon-- and i think bty rates as a bit slower 
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
peds View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 9:46pm
Mine is 89 grams. It's really a fast blade with woody feeling. The hardness is quite stiff with low throw. There's this very unique feeling. It's really great for looping especially in mid-distance and blocking also due to its sweet spot. The flared handle is small also. I paired it with Platin Soft on forehand while 729 FX on backhand. I think the only downside is pushing. I'm having difficulties making my pushes short. Maybe it's just me. The feeling is really different compared to my Stradivarius. The Stradivarius has more dwell time and the loops are more spinny. It's faster than Stradivarius though. I think the speed is somehow similar to Amultart.

Overall, it's a very nice offensive blade especially to those who used to play with an allwood blade. But for me, I like the Stradivarius more because of it's control. And I'm not used to woody and stiff blades also.

Edited by peds - 09/11/2012 at 9:49pm
Blade: Butterfly Innerforce ZLC
FH: Donic Platin Soft
BH: RITC 729
rookies View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Are there any Innerforce ZLC reviews?  Please share the link with me if there is such a post, thank you.

Check it out Cong!Wink
Timo Boll Spirit

FH: Hurricane 3 Neo

BH: Coppa X1 Turbo

My Feedback
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 12:21am
it's time to save money to try out this beast!
konnichwakid1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konnichwakid1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 11:25am
Originally posted by mikepong mikepong wrote:

Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

is it faster or slower than TBS or TB ALC?

I have played all of these blades. TBS and ALC are very similar, but the Innerforce ALC is slower for sure. Slower in a good way. I loved this blade when I was playing it. The feel is not comparable to wood in my mind. It has far better feedback than anything I have every played. In fact the feel is the down fall of this blade, otherwise it would be the best balde ever made. Feel comes with flex and this blade will miss shots as it starts to resonate from a long counter hitting rally. This is the best blade you can buy for below 2100 play. Above that the ball is usually moving too fast for the flex in the blade. If you are playing below 2100 this blade will teach you by giving you great feedback. BTW, I still have one and would sell it. I played it for 8 months for about 9 to 12 hours a week. Some edge chips, but nothing too bad. PM if you are interested. 
Jun Mizutani with Tenergies
konnichwakid1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konnichwakid1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 11:28am
Sorry, I thought we were comparing ALC blades to Innerforce ALC, not the Innerforce ZLC. Innerforce ZLC was too fast for me. Much faster than the TBS & TB ALC. I used it for a couple of weeks and sold it. The altitude here is too high for that kind of speed. 
Jun Mizutani with Tenergies
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 11:38am
perhaps get a zlf man.
ocvillager View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 4:19pm
I've tried most of bty and stiga blades especially bty, i have to say IF ZLC is a very good blade. I'm currently using it. It's suitable with Tenergy all kinds. I'm using t05 FX for forehand and t64 for BH. It's awsome. It allows you to block well while it makes looping easier than you still have wood feel. I liek it much more than Amultart, Timo ZLC, ACL..
ocvillager View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 4:21pm
Again, it depends on your level too. If you're a lower level player like you can't read spin or do not have good looping game then you should not focus in these fast blades.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 4:44pm
the IF ZLC is way way slower than Amultart; slower than TBS, than ALC too. It has a woody feel thanks to the zlc stuck to the core and is not so flexier than MJ but slower for sure.
MJ? yes! I say the IF ZLC is the perfect blade for the MJ user wanting something a bit more controllable. However I cant help thinking and feeling that the IF ZLC has nothing extraordinary; it has no personality. it is a sort of MJ without a soul; a total tourist trap in my opinion. It wants to do everything better than other blades but kind of falls short on every shot. My both thumbs down on the IF ZLC. If you absolutely need to spend that much then go for the MJ and get slower maybe a bit softer rubbers.

eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 7:20pm
I've had IF ZLC, IF ZLF, TB ZLF, and Liu Shiwen ZLF.  IF ZLF is my favorite out of those.  I tried over and over to use the IF ZLC but it never fit my game.
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 8:46pm
My two cents..

Amultart is definitely faster than Innerforce ZLC. I use Tenergy 05 and 05 FX (backhand). Penhold with reverse backhand. For these rubbers, in my experience Amultart is way too fast. Maybe it's a good blade for a fast exchange female. 

I switched to Innerforce ZLC, it has significantly better touch than the Amultart and is slower. It took me a while to admit it is actually too fast too. I bought several Amultarts and one Innerforce ZLC. Not cheap.

I finally clicked down to the Stiga Rosewood NCT V. Rubber choice unchanged. Slowest of the trio. I have two of them now.

The Stiga is way cheaper but has by far the best touch (wood) and control - way better than Innerforce ZLC. The downside? You need to be able to generate more of your own power. 

A fast BTY blade like Amultart can be wonderful: time everything just right and the Tenergy loops are like bullets. Great spin and great speed. Incredibly powerful and seductive. 

But I noticed even with months of familiarization and extended practice, the percentage is just not there. 
I gave one Amultart and one Innerforce ZLC (shakehands) to a professional in China (who usually uses Cofferlait). Maybe 300-400 points higher level than me. These people play every day but came to surprisingly similar conclusions to me. 

I believe these two BTY blades are too much for almost all amateurs and even many professionals. Probably not what the original poster wanted to hear. As I said, my two cents...

Sandiway

P.S. FWIW, I loop from both sides, and also play control, rated 2100, my play level ranges from 2000-2200.
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by eonblue eonblue wrote:

I've had IF ZLC, IF ZLF, TB ZLF, and Liu Shiwen ZLF.  IF ZLF is my favorite out of those.  I tried over and over to use the IF ZLC but it never fit my game.

What is the difference between LSW and IF ZLF? I thought they had the same design, though will vary from blade to blade.
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by cotdt cotdt wrote:

What is the difference between LSW and IF ZLF? I thought they had the same design, though will vary from blade to blade.

out of topic but i see in your sig you are using resound, can you make a review? that blade is very expensive though, my years salary would not even fit to buy 1
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2012 at 4:03am
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2012 at 5:43am
Hi Everyone ,
just out of my curiousity , would someone who has tried both (or three) blades evaluate the differences between ZLC/ZLF and Xiom Zetro Quad ?
I mean , it would be less expensive to get a XZQ so as to possess these superb playing qualities than any of the other two Btf blades , wouldn't it ?
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
ttTurkey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttTurkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2012 at 7:48am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

the IF ZLC is way way slower than Amultart; slower than TBS, than ALC too.

Are you sure that you are talking about the ZLC and not the ZLF?

If you are, then we must have received very different samples. I have been using two TBS blades (I rotate the rubbers a bit) for about 3 years and have been trying the ZLC for the past 3 weeks.

My mini-review/comparison of the ZLC vs the TBS:

Feel: ZLC feels much "woodier"; the TBC has a muted feel.

Weight: ZLC is heavier than the TBS. It might not be the blade itself - the head is bigger so the rubbers when cut to the blade will weigh more.

Speed on touch shots e.g. short push / serve: similar, no problem with either.

Speed on blocks/top spin shots / anything other than a touch shot: Houston we have a problem! The ZLC is ridiculously, uncontrollably fast for me. The speed increases non-linearly and for me it's unpredictable. I miss a lot of shots by about half a metre. I might be able to get used to it but I doubt it.
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2012 at 9:26am
Originally posted by cotdt cotdt wrote:

I've gone thru 2 IFZLFs and 1 LSW blades. 

Playing characteristics:
- Speed:  LSW>IF ZLF
- Spin: LSW and IF ZLF are pretty similar, hard to say because of differences in rubbers
- Control: IF ZLF feels more woody, couldn't feel the Zylon plies at all!  LSW on the other hand has good control and feels more lively and responsive.
- Blocking: IF ZLF > LSW
- Flat hitting: LSW def!!
- Build quality: LSW (has a better lookin handle)=IF ZLF

Overall, LSW is more fun to play with.. Let's just say from Photino to LSW, no adjustments needed, LSW is just thinner and lighter than IF ZLF and Photino.

If you ask me, LSW is a keeper, for a month.  TB ALC is a keeper, for life!

Just my 2 cents.

TsLOL

Edited by tsanyc - 09/13/2012 at 9:27am
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2012 at 4:52am
Stiga Clipper CC is identical to Innerforce ZLC I am informed from unconfirmed sources , is it?
Or it is a misleading info? Somebody would be so kind as to make us see through the mist :) 
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
ripag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2012 at 10:07am
Originally posted by igszoctan igszoctan wrote:

Stiga Clipper CC is identical to Innerforce ZLC I am informed from unconfirmed sources , is it?Or it is a misleading info? Somebody would be so kind as to make us see through the mist :) 

it is definitely not identical.It is closer to Stiga Carbo 7.6 than Bty Innerforce ZLC.
ripag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2012 at 6:54pm
Innerforce ZLC is a perfect progression for somebody who plays with Petr Korbel blade and is looking to improve the speed and blocking while still maintaining the "Korbel feel".
Innerforce ZLC fl
Fastarc G1
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2012 at 10:19pm
i have tried the Innerforce ZLC CS... and plan to try the Timo Boll ZLC, what will be the difference that i have to expect..?
thanks...
TB ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, HK3, HH3, HL2 Cpen......
ripag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2012 at 5:29pm
The main difference is the crisper feel and smaller head size.It is the matter of personal preference.If you are used to playing all wood blades the innerforce is your choice and if you prefer composite blades the Timo Boll is your choice.
Innerforce ZLC fl
Fastarc G1
robertantal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertantal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2012 at 7:00pm
It is a great blade just like the Zhang Yining ZLC you have for sale! Is my favorite blade so far till the new Photino Light will be released. :) Works great with H3N on FH and T64 on BH.
Robert
Butterfly Timo Boll 40th Anniversary
FH: Xiom OmegaV Tour / BH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2012 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

I am a bit confused as why you asked for reviews because you have Innerforce ZLC for sale. You should have a good idea about that blade.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic