Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Review: Donic Acuda S1 Turbo (vs Xiom Omega 4 Asia
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review: Donic Acuda S1 Turbo (vs Xiom Omega 4 Asia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: Donic Acuda S1 Turbo (vs Xiom Omega 4 Asia
    Posted: 09/19/2012 at 2:47pm
I have tried Acuda S1 Turbo (MAX, Black) recently, and decided to write down some thoughts on it with comparison to my other tensor rubber, Xiom Omega IV Asia

Weight: about the same, around 45 g for a cut sheet

Tackiness: none on both

Hardness: same, Medium-Hard sponge, about 47-48 on ESN scale

Speed: rather deceptive, since Acuda is less linear. It is about as fast as O4A on fast attacking shots but often much slower on slow and midpower placement shots.

Tensor/Catapult: noticeably more pronounced on Acuda.

Throw angle: lower for Acuda on all shots but spinny opening loops

Control: pretty good on both, but better on O4A

Spin: better on Acuda for all strokes but fast loops

Sensitivity: better (less sensitive) for O4A

Flat game: slightly better for O4A

Looping: opening loops better for Acuda, counterlooping and fast loopkills - some advantage for O4A

Short game: about the same but O4A is a bit more predictable for me, produces less unexpected pushes into the net

Backhand game: O4A is better since usually people play more placement shots, pushes and blocks on BH , and O4A beats Acuda there

I would recommend Acuda over O4A only to the players who are heavily spin-oriented and rarely do "soft" strokes on their FH (except an opening loop). I myself will definitely stick with Omega.

If you need a barely used sheet of Acuda S1 Turbo MAX (Black) for mere $20 (US-48), PM me plz.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Sponsored Links

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2012 at 4:39pm
If you used to like speed glued Bryce than acuda s1 turbo plays exactly the same. If you don't like tenergy or the feel of tenergy or you did not adapt your game to tenergy or couldn't then acuda s1 turbo is for you. It is one of the best out there that is not tenergy, not better just different, easier more versatile you can tell it what to do and you don't need to change the way you play. Great rubber.
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2012 at 4:43pm
Imho speedglued Bryce was way more reliable than this Turbo that I had, especially in counterlooping.

But I agree that after throwing your Tenergy into the trash (or quickly selling it here at MyTT), S1 Turbo is one of the rubbers you should test (together with Omega 4A for FH, Baracuda and Blitz for BH)

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2012 at 4:55pm
Ok, but what is the difference between om4a and om4Europe, and what is blitz? How does it play?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2012 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

Ok, but what is the difference between om4a and om4Europe, and what is blitz? How does it play?

You can read up on these questions right here on the forum - use the Search tool.

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2012 at 1:43am
Very informative thank you
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2012 at 2:06am
Sam..one of the best players in our club (2100), whose Bluefire m1 review i had posted earlier, recently played with S1Turbo.

As per him...it is very easy to play with Clapand even easier to play against. Unhappy

he is going back to Bluefire M1 and Aurus. 
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2012 at 10:32am

Very informative thank you

You asked a couple of questions, each of them requires some rather lengthy answers - and all of these answers are already here on the forum, all you need to do is to use Search tool and read the corresponding threads.

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2012 at 4:41pm
Yes, but I want the opinion of someone who KNOWS s1 turbo. That's all.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2012 at 9:19pm

I want the opinion of someone who KNOWS s1 turbo. That's all.

These questions really did not look as they had anything to do with S1 Turbo... and I cannot claim to be an expert on it, only played with it two sessions.

GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2012 at 10:48pm

Yes, but I want the opinion of someone who KNOWS s1 turbo. That's all.

I have only hit with M1 for a single short session but I would say....

Speed wise M1 is easily faster, its even faster than S1.
Spin is higher for M1 on thin contacts like opening brushes and pushes however S1t has more on loop drives.
M1 feels alot softer than S1t
M1 is much better in the short games as it is not as bouncy. You can be more aggresive on flicks and pushes and still hit the table.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2012 at 2:26am
Omega iv Asia on FH max has a lot of gears compared to s1 turbo, it beats it in every aspect of the game. The grip of o4A is excellent you can do an opening loop close to the table fast or slow, flicks are excellent, pushes counter, counter looping. Service and returns beats every rubber I tried so far and I have tried so many. Thank you jimT for this great money saving advice. Now I am searching for the ultimate BH rubber, any advice? note that money or price is not an issue, I only push rarely on the backhand I often loop every ball with underspin and punch everything else, from mid distance I loop with my backhand with devastating side spin. Tenergy 64 works great for all of these shots but a little bit bouncy for the short game. Would omega 4 euro fits my style? With a little less bounciness? A little less insensitive? Note that I highly like to use same rubber maker on both sides. Thx u in advance for your time.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2012 at 4:35am

Then buy O4Vega and be rahat. Use them interchangingly.

I don't like S1T either.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2012 at 5:26am
My "T64 replacement quest" led me to O4A. Prior to it I passed trough Palio Macro Era, O4Euro,Sigma Pro,5Q and few more, but O4A was the closest (so far)to what I was looking for. I don,t want to say that the other rubbers are worse, they all have great qualities, just different
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2012 at 4:31pm
What is omega 4 vega? What did u mean?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic