Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas V1.3 Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas V1.3 Blade Review
    Posted: 10/04/2012 at 11:25am

Adidas V1.3
Size: 152x157mm
Handle: flared
Weight 85 grams
Speed: off-
Plies 5 (hinoki-awan-kiri-awan-hinoki)
Thickness: approx 6mm
Test rubbers: P7 and Blaze Spin short pips, RITC 837 long pips

Got this blade from Adidas and i've been wanting to review this blade eversince because this is one of their first series of blades that they have released in the market. the other v-series blades were discontinued due to being redundant of newer and better designs. The blade has a wider wing blade design compared to its newer brothers. The finish for the blade is topnotch. Its very smooth because its hinoki and the handle IMO is smoother than the newer blades in Adidas. 

the composition of the blade goes with 2 thin hinoki outer plies about .5mm each followed by a 2nd layer awan wood and a thick center kiri ply colored brown.

Anyway, i drilled and played with the set on a P7 on one side and Blaze Spin short pips on my bh. The blade felt good and i would emphasize more on its feel and control rather than its speed. On drills using fh to fh or bh to bh, it felt harder than the usual 5 ply all wood blades i have tried in the past like offensive classic, peter korbel and even the adidas challenge speed. This one felt special not for its speed but for its feel mostly. The hinoki and kiri combination seemed good enough that there is good feel upon impact but very little bad vibration at the same time. 

Despite being a bit harder than most 5 ply all wood blades, the V1.3 is still considered flexible when looping or spinning the ball. In fast its built not just for an all around game but for looping or having a game with spinning as the nature of one's game. 

The blade is highly recommended for loopers who use chinese rubbers and other rubbers that are a bit slower but are very particular on control and placement. This could be an aggressive looper's or loop driver's blade provided it has a rubber ion the level of a P7 and the like. Even with the P7 or maybe a Tenergy-like rubber, the V1.3 still maintains a huge amount of control. Speed is definitely there but it felt like using a tenergy 05 on an offensive classic blade thats how fast it is. The tradeoff is precision and easiness to spin the ball.

On the distance that is best for this blade, it would definitely be at close to the table distance. On 5-6 ft away from the edge of the table, it felt a little slower on my shots. This could also be a pips blade. The short pip Blaze spin was a match for the V1.3 on attacks and blocking. The RITC 837 LP was a good hitting LP on the backhand so I think it also matches well if you use an LP. NOt a chopping blade but good for a blocking or hitting blade with an LP. 

Overall, a very good blade with a very affordable price. The V1.3 is underrated and a lot of people haven't tried this blade yet. Some forum members here have told me that they really like this blade and they have used this blade way earlier than me.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

PedramTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PedramTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2012 at 12:11pm
your the best Yogi Thanks for your great reviews
    The movement which is the existence of the universe is the movement of love.

Ibn 'Arabi, Fusûs al-Hikam
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2012 at 9:38am
thanks. this is a blade that is worth more than its price. in the future maybe ill have a forum testing for this blade
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Nagatito View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagatito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2012 at 10:10pm
If you make it please make it in America please if you want central america :D
Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: T05
BH: Roundell
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2012 at 11:37pm

A bought this blade on a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing, thinking some young club member may want a wooden 5 ply blade for their improving game. An afterthought really after ordering two new rubbers, saves me shipping cost to include a spare blade.

The blade has a very fine finish, surprisingly light with good balance. I stuck new Calibra and Magna rubbers to it. The first impression is the solid feel and very good control. It has good dwell, not much vibration, just enough for feedback giving me good feel and control on my loops as I loop both wings. Looping underspin serves and spinny pushes, no problem. Now I have some idea why many experienced players love Hinoki.

Large sweet spot. Blocking is exceptional with emphasis on control. The blade seems to absorb and dissipate power when you loosen your grip on blocks and delivers on demand in active/punch blocks.

Speed was also a surprise as it is plenty fast when needed. A friend who borrowed it for two hours was surprised it was all wood and he swears that it had carbon-like speed (probably Calibra had some influence with this impression).

Power is adequate even if you step back 2 to 3 paces away from the table. I found it pretty good for short game and playing near the table.

I played against a buddy equipped with Rosewood V and using the very same rubbers as mine. Then we switched equipment to compare. Rosewood V seems to make more strokes easier to execute and would reward technically gifted players. While V1.3 would definitely own Rosewood V on control and blocks. Avenger Carbon would also be faster but V1.3 has better feel and control.

I am definitely not selling this blade. It is by far the best wooden blade I have (I own 9 wood blades). It is now my main weapon.

Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2012 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Knuckle Ball Knuckle Ball wrote:

A bought this blade on a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing, thinking some young club member may want a wooden 5 ply blade for their improving game. An afterthought really after ordering two new rubbers, saves me shipping cost to include a spare blade. ............

Aaaah! Explanation by a true EJ.LOL 

Yep, I've used all those excuses in the past.

Edited by Tinykin - 10/06/2012 at 7:11am
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Benigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2012 at 8:21am

A bought this blade on a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing, thinking some young club member may want a wooden 5 ply blade for their improving game. An afterthought really after ordering two new rubbers, saves me shipping cost to include a spare blade.

Hahaha!! It was really irresistible wasn't it? I'm trying to restrain myself from going on an online tt shopping spree. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2012 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

A bought this blade on a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing, thinking some young club member may want a wooden 5 ply blade for their improving game. An afterthought really after ordering two new rubbers, saves me shipping cost to include a spare blade. ............

Yep, I've used all those excuses in the past.

Ha ha ha Tinykin, well said.

Really, I honestly wanted the blade for my playing buddy (looking for a looping blade but can't decide there and then). He eventually ordered a Rosewood V the very same day.
I tried the blade and was surprised how good it played. I decided to keep it for my self.

I swear I have not done any research about it. I have not heard about this particular blade beforehand nor have I ever read a review about it. Just pure luck that I came across it. Now I am glad I did.

If that's an EJ, then I happily admit . . . . . guilty as charged he he he
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2012 at 8:59am
nice reveiw knuckle ball 

MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2012 at 9:26pm
I've been using this blade for the past few months with TenFx on the fh and Acuda S3 on the BH. I just this weekend replaced the Fx with TG3 Neo. This is the first all wood blade I've ever used that can play Chinese rubbers as well as Japanese. The over the table control is excellent, even with Tenergy rubber, I am able to receive service and just drop the ball short over the net, forcing a long push or flip from my opponent.

Looping away from the table is consistent, even up to 6 feet away from the baseline. When looping at this distance, I can feel flex within the blade. Yet, when smashing it feels solid. I'd never owned a blade that felt this way, most are one or the other.

I am curious where you guys have purchased your V1.3 blades? I ask because I hit the edge of the table this afternoon, splitting a 2 inch square of the hinoki top ply from the racket and need a replacement. I'm having trouble finding one for less than $110. A search led me to this thread, hence my post. It appears that this is not yet a popular blade.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2012 at 10:16pm
mindtrip, try www.tabletennistime.com.tw

fsiat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2012 at 9:24pm
Try here in US

http://www.megaspin.net/store/default.asp?cid=blades&brand=Adidas

If you still can't get it, let me know. I can get you one
I love table tennis
alewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2013 at 1:12pm
Sorry, why this Adidas V1.3 haven't text and images in wood? i'm to buy this...is original or what?

http://tinypic.com/r/34dkh90/5

Raden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Knuckle Ball

A bought this blade on a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing, thinking some young club member may want a wooden 5 ply blade for their improving game. An afterthought really after ordering two new rubbers, saves me shipping cost to include a spare blade. ............

Yep, I've used all those excuses in the past.t" =msonormal="">

Yes, I bought the Xiom Hayabusa ZXI just solely to get the 30% discount on TT11.

Edited by Raden - 05/09/2013 at 2:58pm
So little time, so much EJing to do

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2014 at 12:56am
I went back to using this blade when I tried playing with Moristo DF on my BH, playing mostly push-blocker style on the table and some chop-blocking near, and chopping from afar. A perfect match to my soft defensive rubber. Forehand with Andro Hexer HD generates the offense.
Control is very good, very good blocks passive and active on both FH and BH. Pushes are deceptively spinny, flicks are easy to perform.

This is my main blade for now  . . . . until my playing buddies get the hang of it and starts winning against me again heh he.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic