Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yinhe NR-70 review.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
shirazir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirazir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2012 at 3:16pm
It may be worth looking into gluing this blade using rubber cement. I find it to be extremely blade friendly with no splintering, peeling etc. 
Blade: Galaxy Venus-14

FH: Donic Bluefire M3

BH: Galaxy Moon

Sponsored Links

stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2012 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I've been EJing forehand rubbers a bit lately. Nothing too extensive--probably 4 or 5 over the course of the last couple of months. In the course of glueing, removing, and re-glueing, on both of my NR-70s the rosewood ply has started to pull away in a couple places.

What glue do you use?

Isn't the blade covered with coating similar to Stiga's NCT?
Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2012 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by stefashka stefashka wrote:

Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I've been EJing forehand rubbers a bit lately. Nothing too extensive--probably 4 or 5 over the course of the last couple of months. In the course of glueing, removing, and re-glueing, on both of my NR-70s the rosewood ply has started to pull away in a couple places.

What glue do you use?

Isn't the blade covered with coating similar to Stiga's NCT?

Nittaku Finezip, and yes. 

The blade is essentially a Rosewood NCT VII clone (including the coating) but with better production all around (assuming this delaminating issue is not a QC problem).

Edited by Anton Chigurh - 12/10/2012 at 4:19pm
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2012 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I also should add that unfortunately there is no NR-70 for me - the ones (with FL handle) that my contact was able to locate in China were all at least 92 g heavy. That's a bit too much for me.

With Anton's comment I feel like perhaps I should be looking at something else.

But I seal all my blades with some extra polyurethane... perhaps that won't happen to me (famous last words Wink )

Just found out Nexy.com has an 88 g FL version. Too bad I am not buying - only trading...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2012 at 12:52pm
I would like to add for emphasis:

This blade is excellent, IMO, but if you use WBG and particularly if you are EJing rubbers, SEAL YOUR BLADE with some polyurethane. The outer ply is simply too thin to withstand multiple saturations of WBG combined with the frequent yanking of rubbers. I'm confident this would be true of any other blade with as thin of an outer ply... and sealing is basic common sense, IMO, but I just thought I'd reiterate this.

I've had some mild delaminating on my blades that I've fixed. I figured I'd save some people some heartache by emphasizing what is probably common sense to most people. Wink

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2013 at 12:24pm
Any news about these blades? They gotten a bit cheaper - in the neighborhood of $110, but still not a lot of luck tracking down an FL 90g (or lighter) version.

I even asked one of my clubmates to ask around among Chinese dealers during his vacation in Beijing (and he knows some good dealers there) but he came back with zero results.

Perhaps there are just not as many NR-70s produced altogether... and they are all on the heavier side.

Or maybe someone is selling? give me a holler then!

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2013 at 7:37am
dunno bout you but my NR50 is like 70 gr cant imagine Nr70 being that much more.

ttxonline.com have them as well
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2013 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

dunno bout you but my NR50 is like 70 gr cant imagine Nr70 being that much more.

ttxonline.com have them as well

That page at Nexy looks really strange to me - it says that the manufacturer is Adidas (??)

Also it doesn't say anything about the weight...

TTXOnline has it at $150, while you can get it in China for less than $90... $150 is really high for purchasing a blade which you never even held in your hands...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic