Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TIBHAR Evolution rubber FX-P, EL-P, MX-S, MX-P

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
Author
AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 8:25am
After reading this topic I am very interested in this rubber. I have been using TBS with 05-fx for about 4 years now. 

Would it be good Idea to switch to MX-P both sides? Or maybe MX-P on fh FX-P bh.

Is anyone playing with the softer FX-P version? how do you like it?
Sponsored Links

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 9:13am
If you are playing t05fx, why pick the hardest of the series? Mx-p imho is even harder than regular 05.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

If you are playing t05fx, why pick the hardest of the series? Mx-p imho is even harder than regular 05.

+1

Fx-P is a really good substitute for T05fx!
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 2:14pm
shouldn't el-p be closer to t05fx in hardness?
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 2:17pm
Hardness:
MX-P > T05 > EL-P > T05FX > FX-P

You're back to M2 on BH? What about JP02? Thought that you might like JP02 as it is like JP03 except that you can punch with it.

Edited by slevin - 07/27/2015 at 2:18pm
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 2:45pm
EL-P is between t05 and t05fx but closer to T05 than to T05fx.

T05fx is between EL-P and fx-p but T05fx is closer to fx-p than to EL-P.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 6:14pm
And how about MX-S hardness compare to T05 and T05fx?
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 6:16pm
Ok now I am quite unsure what should I try. So you suggest I should try the FX-P. But earlier in this thread someone compared FX-P to 05-FX and said it is worse at almost everything.

So maybe I should stick to 05-fx after all ?. By the way I dont have problem playing with hard rubbers. Its just that I hated 05. It was too slow and ridiculously big throw.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Johnny Erasure Johnny Erasure wrote:

MX-S harder than MX-P.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by Johnny Erasure Johnny Erasure wrote:

MX-S harder than MX-P.
MX-S is harder than MX-P? Wacko I thought MX-S is softer ...
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 6:55pm
Nope... It is a different sponge and pimple geometry.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Hardness:
MX-P > T05 > EL-P > T05FX > FX-P

You're back to M2 on BH? What about JP02? Thought that you might like JP02 as it is like JP03 except that you can punch with it.

for some reason I find flipping much harder with jp02 than with m2.

I think the reason is that jp02 is harder. probably it is about 45, whereas m2 is clearly about 42.5.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2015 at 9:10am
Originally posted by AgReZz AgReZz wrote:

Ok now I am quite unsure what should I try. So you suggest I should try the FX-P. But earlier in this thread someone compared FX-P to 05-FX and said it is worse at almost everything.

So maybe I should stick to 05-fx after all ?. By the way I dont have problem playing with hard rubbers. Its just that I hated 05. It was too slow and ridiculously big throw.

Except maybe in slow spinny looping T05fx has nothing much better than fx-p. Also I find fx-p better in flat hitting, blocking and counter looping. Fx-p is also less sensitive to incoming spin, which makes it easier to return serves and to play in general.

If hardness is not a problem then you can for the Mx-p which is clearly faster than T05 and has lower throw.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2015 at 11:49am
T05 is no t64 but one thing its not, is slow

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Figueiredo81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Figueiredo81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2015 at 12:14pm
I played and tested all Tenergy's and all Evolution series. I currently play Evolution Series due to price and personal feeling. I love Tenergy05 but I also love Evolution EL-P and to me it serves me just as well and costs me 1/2 due to club sponsership deal.

If you're looking for T05FX replacement go for FX-P.

For all the Tenergy lovers:

Tenergy 64 = EL-P but EL-P is spinnier
Tenergy 05 = EL-P but EL-P throws quite lower and is faster
Tenergy 80 = EL-P but EL-P throws a bit lower and is a bit faster

For me Tenergy only wins at counter loop close to the table while ball is on the rise. The behavior is a bit erratic here, the contact must be clean and perfect for it to work, with Tenergy you have more room for a less than perfect timing.

EL-P is much better for several other parts of the game: short game, pushes, block, drive, smash.
EL-P is just as spinny as T05 for service but for loop/topspin I reckon T05 gives about 10% more spin for advanced players, even more if your technique is not very good.

MX-P is harder than T05 and to me it feels less spinny than EL-P close to the table.
MX-S is harder than T05 and to me it lacks catapult far from the table.

Feel free to ask me anything about these rubbers.

I currently play EL-P w/ Clipper CR and I think it's a really good alternative to Tenergy. There's a plus with EL-P... I played many years with speed glue and I recently decided to get back in the game after 6 years off. I played Sriver with lots of speedglue and I must say I'm still addicted to the sound of fresh glued rubbers. Tenergy is good but EL-P is louder and I like that, it's very rewarding when you make strong perfect contact.

Edited by Figueiredo81 - 07/28/2015 at 12:33pm
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2015 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Figueiredo81 Figueiredo81 wrote:

I played and tested all Tenergy's and all Evolution series. I currently play Evolution Series due to price and personal feeling. I love Tenergy05 but I also love Evolution EL-P and to me it serves me just as well and costs me 1/2 due to club sponsership deal.

For me Tenergy only wins at counter loop close to the table while ball is on the rise. The behavior is a bit erratic here, the contact must be clean and perfect for it to work, with Tenergy you have more room for a less than perfect timing.

EL-P is much better for several other parts of the game: short game, pushes, block, drive, smash.
EL-P is just as spinny as T05 for service but for loop/topspin I reckon T05 gives about 10% more spin for advanced players, even more if your technique is not very good.

MX-P is harder than T05 and to me it feels less spinny than EL-P close to the table.

I currently play EL-P w/ Clipper CR and I think it's a really good alternative to Tenergy. There's a plus with EL-P... I played many years with speed glue and I recently decided to get back in the game after 6 years off. I played Sriver with lots of speedglue and I must say I'm still addicted to the sound of fresh glued rubbers. Boosted Tenergy is good but boosted EL-P is louder and I like that, it's very rewarding when you make strong perfect contact.

Very good review!
AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2015 at 12:48pm
Ok thank you for answers. I will probably try FX-P red on bh and MX-P black fh.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 6:52pm

I currently play EL-P w/ Clipper CR and I think it's a really good alternative to Tenergy. There's a plus with EL-P... I played many years with speed glue and I recently decided to get back in the game after 6 years off. I played Sriver with lots of speedglue and I must say I'm still addicted to the sound of fresh glued rubbers. Tenergy is good but EL-P is louder and I like that, it's very rewarding when you make strong perfect contact.

what is the weight of elp compared to05 please?

Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

what is the weight of elp compared to05 please?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Figueiredo81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 8:10pm
About the same.

MX-P and MX-S are heavier.
FX-P = T64
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2015 at 2:01pm

About the same.

MX-P and MX-S are heavier.
FX-P = T64

it is the max elp we are talking about ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Figueiredo81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2015 at 4:20pm
That's correct sir.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2015 at 11:14am
thanks for the great advice,now Elp is my main weapon. and your review Figueiredo81 was pretty much accurate:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Figueiredo81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2015 at 1:38pm
Pleased to help sir. I'm glad it worked good for you.
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2015 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

thanks for the great advice,now Elp is my main weapon. and your review Figueiredo81 was pretty much accurate:)

What blade are you using with EL-P?

How does it fit ALC blades?
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2015 at 5:36pm
I am using nittaku Adelie, if you don't know it, it is like a clipper. About alc blades, i haven't tried it but i think it will work well on a tbs or a maze.
AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 3:13pm
After reading some posts on this thread I realized  that it is more than 3 years old and so is the evolution series. So my question is if the rubbers are so good why isnt it more popular ? For example in Czech Republic I have never seen anyone playing with evolution. 

Is this thread just a big sellout ? 

Before the speed glue ban I used bryce-fx both sides and never would have changed this perfect rubber in my life ever. (thank you Sharara)

After the speed glue ban I tried many rubbers Like Acuda s1 (was only good boosted or glued), T 05 ( Too slow too big throw, only quite good near the table), Rakza 7 (was fine but very bad durability and in humid conditions unplayable rubber), Stiga Calibra (worst rubber by far. It was fast but no spin at all. Insanely low throw. Impossible to spin from chop)

Atm using T05-fx both sides. The rubber definitely isnt bad. What I like about it is its durability. But yeah the price is insane and I believe there must be some alternative.

Is it the evolution series?????????????? Smile I will probably Try it but I expect to be dissapointed. If this fails Ill play probably play with 05-fx for the rest of my life Cry

Edited by AgReZz - 08/17/2015 at 3:14pm
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 4:52pm
You won't elp plays very similar to bryce fx glued.
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2015 at 1:37am
Mx-p is easily my favorite rubber. My looping with it has surpassed bfs, omegas, rasant pg, Vegas and feels like 95% if not 99% t05.
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2015 at 1:36pm
Same here ahsq, though it's a bit too much to handle on a zxi when the rallies start heating up, Not too forgiving. But yeah, finishers are effortless and usually don't come back, though I doubt a good player will give yu a chance for that :P. I prefer something slower and higher throw on the zxi, 5q or perhaps el-p.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
  Share Topic