FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Clipper CC & Hybrid Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Clipper CC & Hybrid Reviews
    Posted: 11/10/2012 at 5:13am

Clipper CC

Weight: 87 grams
Handle: Legend Flared
Thickness: 6.9-7mm
Plies: 7
Hardness: stiff
Speed: Off

I got the Clipper CC from Stiga this week together with the Hybrid wood. Stiga claims that this is a composite wood but I can't seem to find the crystal carbon layers. However, having used and owned several clipper woods in the past, I would say this is sort of different. I had to sand a little bit the blade handle because its a little rough but didn't really bother me that much. I left the blade surface alone because it already had NCT coating and it felt really stiff. Good thing it wasn't as slippery as the surface of the rosewood and ebenholz blades that I didn't have any problems of the sponge not sticking enough to the wood.

The blade is really thick. At 6.9-7mm it was surprising that the blade was only 87 grams in its legend flared version. I was expecting a 90 gram blade but this was ok. I glued a Stiga Calibra LT+ and Calibra Spin both 2.0mm onto the blade. 

While doing table drills, I immediately noticed that this blade is not an OFF+ blade but its fast enough it can be considered off. Maybe due to the NCT coating on the blade surface that it was a bit stiffer and also the thickness of the blade. it is surely faster than the clipper regular, CR, wrb or even the clipper CR solid handle blade. The blade has some vibrations but not too much that it bothers me. What I noticed more are the solid shots coming from the blade and maintaining the good feel though a bit lesser than the other clippers. 

IN short games, this is very good. Receives and drop shots are very much controllable even with the calibra LT+ which is a very fast rubber. The good feeling of the blade and control helps a lot in doing flicks against short underspin serves or receives. Being an offensive blade, I say this blade is good near and mid distance from the table. Slow looping is good but loop drives and counters are even better with this blade both on close and mid distances. The control is also good enough that blocking near the table against loop drives and counters are fine.

Stiga Hybrid Wood

Weight: 92 grams
Handle: Master Flared
Thickness: 6-6.1mm
Plies: 9
Hardness: very stiff
Speed: Off+

Wow this is a very beautiful blade! The black and red combinations reminded me of the 7.6 sense but with a darker color and has more plies. I initially thought that this is just a 7 ply blade. Because of the dark color , the center plies seem invisible if not painstakingly scrutinized and you will see several layers. The blade needed sanding on the handle but it wasn't as rough as the clipper cc's handle. The blade surface was also NCT coated but not as slippery as that of the rosewood's and ebenholz's blade surface.

Putting the Stiga Calibra LT+ and Calibra Spin 2.0mm's wasn't a problem as the blade have a rougher surface compared to the other high end ebenholz or rosewoods. With (2) 2.0mm rubbers attached, i felt the blade a little heavy. A lot of players have been complaining with its weight and i would agree its a bit heavy, This is built for people with stronger arm muscles to fuly utilize its capabilities. While doing the fh to fh drills and bh to bh drills, The feeling was perfect and the speed was amazing for an all wood blade. Its very fast that it can rival my coach's old DHS 08 national version blade but with a little less weight. His DHS 08 blade was like 98 to 100 grams. This is a middle distance from the table blade. I don't think its too powerful to be used far from the table but its still strong enough to do counter topspin rallies. Its a little bit fast near the table but adjustments on the stroke can be made to compensate. Mid distance, this blade really shines. The Hybrid is more of a loop driving blade than just a pure looping or spinny looping blade. Its power should be taken advantage when attacking because of its solid shots. I think this is one of the fastest all wood blades stiga has produced and can be as fast as the Stiga EB7 but doesn't feel as stiff. Smashing and countering are also very good. I wouldn't recommend using a heavy chinese rubber on this though because of the weight but if you have a good arm strength then the weight will not be a problem.

Both blades are very good. I have read some complaints about the roughness of the handle and the quality of the finish of Stiga blades and I understand them. IMO, the rough handles are no problem if you sand them though I wish Stiga would make their handles smoother like those Yasaka blades which are also made in Sweden. I have heard that they have bought newer machines and I have seen the blades they have made this 2012 and I have compared them to the previous blades and I can see some improvement on the quality and also the weight difference. I compared the blades in a licensed Stiga distributor in my country. 

By the way, what other Stiga blades would you like me to review before the year ends?

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 9:54am
Excellent review, i agree with findings on the clipper cc*owner of model* it has the right amount of control with these modern sheets. I didn't need to sand mine and what little time I've used it, playability right out of the box with fresh glue sheets all andro hexer powersponge fh, backside 2.0 drive bh both 1.9 was good.

Not so much a blade review but if you just happen to have a sheet of rasant lying around, i love to see how you find that on the clipper cc.

Thanks.

igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 12:36pm
Thx for the review I have been longing for a while.
You wrote
' Stiga claims that this is a composite wood but I can't seem to find the crystal carbon layers'
I suppose crystal carbo material is mixed in the glue amongst the plies , isn't it?

Yogi , if you don't mind my asking , I would vote for a review of cc 5 and 7 .

igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by The Shakehander The Shakehander wrote:

Excellent review, i agree with findings on the clipper cc*owner of model* it has the right amount of control with these modern sheets. I didn't need to sand mine and what little time I've used it, playability right out of the box with fresh glue sheets all andro hexer powersponge fh, backside 2.0 drive bh both 1.9 was good.

Not so much a blade review but if you just happen to have a sheet of rasant lying around, i love to see how you find that on the clipper cc.

Thanks.

i passed the clipper cc to a friend. though the rasant being a soft rubber wouldnt have any problems being combined with the clipper cc.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by igszoctan igszoctan wrote:

Thx for the review I have been longing for a while.
You wrote
' Stiga claims that this is a composite wood but I can't seem to find the crystal carbon layers'
I suppose crystal carbo material is mixed in the glue amongst the plies , isn't it?

Yogi , if you don't mind my asking , I would vote for a review of cc 5 and 7 .

igzo, yes its possible its a powdered form of crystal carbon that its not visible as a carbon layer in between plies. ill try my best to ask them about the cc5 and cc7

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 7:50pm
 It's the same carbon "fleese" as used in the Donic Power Carbon and Carbotec and some of the newer generation carbon blades. Makes for a lighter carbon blade.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2012 at 7:12pm
both blades pair well with dhs neo h3 especially the clipper cc. only problem is that the dhs neo h3 made the blade head heavy

chalo_sterling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chalo_sterling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 7:06pm
hi yogi

what do you think about hybrid wood and clipper cc for a player like me (h3 neo in fh and a short pips in bh...similar like wang tao, tan ruiwu, victor sanchez or tang peng)???

clipper cc and hybrid wood are very different to the classic avalox P700 in terms of speed, control, hardness, stiffness, for topspins, drives, blocks... playability for my style??
Blade: Stiga Clipper CC

Forehand rubber: DHS TG Skyline 3 NEO

Backhand rubber: Xiom Zava I
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 10:06pm
clipper cc is good for a short pips and h3 set up. hybrid is a bit heavy but its very fast. you need to have a thinner sponge on your short pips if you want to use the hybrid wood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chalo_sterling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 10:45pm
thanks for the quick answer!

ok... since 2 years ago i used a Hurricane WL, i know that isn't the best blade for my style but i used because... this was the blade that i could buy in this moment Confused ...

i'm thinking to change the blade, because i need more speed...forcefulness!! but without lose control, feel and the ability to do fh topspin/loop easily with my h3 neo (sometimes i do rallies...so not all the time are block, push and smash) and i don't know if with clipper cc or hybrid wood will be good... i read that avalox p700 is very good blade, but  maybe clipper cc and hybrid wood have more power than p700, what do you think that could offer me each blades?? 

how much hybrid wood is faster than clipper cc??

do you know the composition of hybrid wood?  

clipper cc is limba-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-limba and carbon powder between the layers

the avalox p700 is limba-meranti-ayous-ayous-ayous-meranti-limba

the hurricane WL is limba-meranti-ayous-meranti-limba

also in a few months i have planned change the dhs 651 for a tsp spectol 21 because i want a softer sponge, but first i want to change the blade

what can you advice me?? 

Edited by chalo_sterling - 12/13/2012 at 10:57pm

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 11:01pm
Thanks for the great review. Interesting, but I wanted to buy a me a Hibrid Wood just because I thought it was a light one. http://www.contra.de/product_info.php/info/p5833_Stiga-Blade-Hybrid-Wood.html

Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2012 at 3:37am
hybrid is faster by  20% estimate than the clipper cc. also its a 9 ply all wood blade while the clippers are 5 ply. i thinks its still limba outer ply and ayous inner

E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2012 at 5:40am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

hybrid is faster by  20% estimate than the clipper cc. also its a 9 ply all wood blade while the clippers are 5 ply. i thinks its still limba outer ply and ayous inner
What ??? Clipper cc is only 5 plies ?

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2012 at 5:47am
Originally posted by E.ZegnaFan E.ZegnaFan wrote:

What ??? Clipper cc is only 5 plies ?

Must be a typo. It's 7 plies indeed.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2012 at 5:51am
I thinks so Big smile By the way, mine is 87 grams with AN handle too.

Edited by E.ZegnaFan - 12/14/2012 at 5:52am

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2012 at 1:17pm
I've played with those two. And clipper cc felt very similar to clipper but there was a bit less vibration and a bit more crispy feel to it.

I didnt like much the hybrid wood because I like "stiga feel" like OC, clipper cr, tube carbo, 7.6.
But  hybrid wood felt a bit like a btf m maze with bigger head and hollow handle...
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2012 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by chalo_sterling chalo_sterling wrote:

hi yogi

what do you think about hybrid wood and clipper cc for a player like me (h3 neo in fh and a short pips in bh...similar like wang tao, tan ruiwu, victor sanchez or tang peng)???

clipper cc and hybrid wood are very different to the classic avalox P700 in terms of speed, control, hardness, stiffness, for topspins, drives, blocks... playability for my style??

EB7, RW7 ,C7.6  would be btter for you, i played with a guy that uses ccclipper with 2 rakza7 and his drives were weak
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2012 at 8:40pm
sorry its typo, clippers are 7 ply blades LOL

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2013 at 5:15am

sorry its typo, clippers are 7 ply blades LOL

yogi how is sense7.6 compared to clipper CC  i Need a more solid feel for pips, which is faster sense7.6 or clipper cc?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2013 at 5:22am
i say the 7.6 sense is faster and is more solid. the cc is an upgraded clipper cr though the speed difference is only about a few notches

Zhaoyang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zhaoyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2013 at 5:58am
The H-WL outer ply is definitely koto, at least mine is.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2013 at 1:21pm

i say the 7.6 sense is faster and is more solid. the cc is an upgraded clipper cr though the speed difference is only about a few notches

I need a rock solid argument to think that sense 7.6 is better than carbo7.6  and clipper cc better(firmer) than clippers, are they noticeable thicker?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chalo_sterling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 1:37pm

what are the differences between hybridwood, carbo 7.6 and sense 7.6??

what is better for short pips in bh and dhs neo series (h3neo or tg3 neo) in fh??

patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 3:22pm
I am using Hybrid Wood right now with Carbo 7.6 as my back up. 

Hybrid Wood: although listed as stiff, it feels quite soft upon point of contact.  But once the ball contact moves beyond the first layer, you will fell next layers are quite stiff.  Think about it, this blade has 9 layers with different directions.  So this blade is soft outside but stiff inside. 

Carbo 7.6: kind of opposite to Hybrid.  This blade has stiff outer layers but softer core.  So when you loop with this blade, the ball is going to come off this blade very fast therefore speed on this blade is amazing but spin is not as good. 

I haven't tried the Sense 7.6 but I heard they improved the feeling on Sense 7.6, hence better at short game.  Also with NCT layer basically eliminate the splintering. 
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2014 at 1:23pm
It's a bit old now but thank you for this review, great info! 
harveyaquino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harveyaquino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 11:06pm
Sorry to revive an old thread... But wanting to get more reviews regarding Clipper CC. I'm planning to buy it at the moment and want to pair it with a medium pimple rubber. Also, I'm choosing between Tenergy or Spinart to go with FH?
alexcsibi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexcsibi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 4:04pm
Spinart works awesome on the Clipper cc
Blade: Stiga Infinity VPS

FH: Spinart

BH: Stiga Clippa
comodoensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comodoensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 4:07pm
Sorry for reviving (again)

How does clipper cr wrb compared to hybrid wood for short pips ?

I twiddled a lot though, switching my SP between forehand and backhand during rallies. In single matches I rarely do it, only in some occasion when i need some extra quick points I twiddle. If not, it stays on backhand side, agressive whacking and counterblocks. In double matches, I mostly use it on forehand when receiving serve, ready to whack every serve coming at me to put pressure early. Damn that's how left-handed like me work in a very cunning way , since there's not much (or maybe only me heheheh ) who plays at my level   
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 5:08pm
Any Clippers is good for shortpips due to the stiff nature of the blade. I didnt like the hybrid, had too much vibrations and felt head heavy. I have tried all the clippers except those rare 10 to 30 year old clippers. Have fun.
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 3:58am
I think the best Stiga blade for shortpips is Rosewood 7.
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic