Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My New Ross Leidy Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
watchski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My New Ross Leidy Blade Review
    Posted: 11/25/2012 at 10:27pm
Ross made me a "Rapscallion"   I named it the Nemesis series...I loved it so much, i decided to have him make me another blade with a slightly different look and feel.  

Here are some pictures as to how it turned out.

This blade is more similar to the Nittaku Violin.    It is a tad faster and stiffer than the rapscallion, however the blade is still light.   Ross was able to make the blade around 82grams for me.   I have Tenergy 05fx on one side and have tried many rubbers on the other...   The blade performs nicely under all circumstances.    

I dont know that i could say enough about the workmanship and quality of this blade.   

It is incredibly solid.   I have about 5 high end butterfly blades including the Timo Boll ZLF and ALC.   This blade competes with any of the highest end blades i have tried.   

I also recently purchased a Xiom Zetro Quad and find myself going back to the Ross Leidy blade time and time again.  

I have never felt a more comfortable handle.   The gorgeous wood is just amazing to look at and more incredible to feel.  

Questions are welcomed....  More details to come as well.

Blades:
Ross Leidy (Nemesis)
Ross Leidy (Canxan)
Ross Leidy (Rapscallion)
Infinity VPS

Rubbers:
Nittaku S-1
Tenergy 80FX 1.9mm
Sponsored Links

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 10:41pm
I don't have any questions, but that is definitely (IMO) one of the more attractive blades I've seen him make to date. Congratulations!

He and I have conversed a few times (and unfortunately for him, at great length) about making me a blade... but I can't quite get the blade I want at the weight I prefer. 

Someday... someday...

Anyway, congratulations again on a beautiful blade. 

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Slade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 10:50pm
Best I've ever seen. Wow..
USATT 1700 ··· 11/02/2013   ◄ ПЕШ
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 11:14pm
Congratulations what a beauty! I love mine (Ross Leidy Ultimate P). They are almost to beautiful to play with or put rubber on. :)
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

derekho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derekho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 11:30pm
Very nice blade! How much does it vibrate when hitting, looping, pushing? Does it have enough power for counter-looping away from the table? Is it faster than timo boll alc?
Blade: Ross Leidy Custom

Fh: Rakza Z Extra Hard

Bh: Tenergy 05
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2012 at 12:03am
Nice!!! I know how you feel, I have fallen in love with my RL all over again. Very nice looking blade.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by watchski watchski wrote:

Ross made me a "Rapscallion"   I named it the Nemesis series...I loved it so much, i decided to have him make me another blade with a slightly different look and feel.  

Here are some pictures as to how it turned out.

This blade is more similar to the Nittaku Violin.    It is a tad faster and stiffer than the rapscallion, however the blade is still light.   Ross was able to make the blade around 82grams for me.   I have Tenergy 05fx on one side and have tried many rubbers on the other...   The blade performs nicely under all circumstances.    

I dont know that i could say enough about the workmanship and quality of this blade.   

It is incredibly solid.   I have about 5 high end butterfly blades including the Timo Boll ZLF and ALC.   This blade competes with any of the highest end blades i have tried.   

I also recently purchased a Xiom Zetro Quad and find myself going back to the Ross Leidy blade time and time again.  

I have never felt a more comfortable handle.   The gorgeous wood is just amazing to look at and more incredible to feel.  

Questions are welcomed....  More details to come as well.

what are the specifications on the blade?
thickness and head size...
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2013 at 5:45pm
Lovely!!!!!
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2013 at 11:49pm
I really like the handle !!
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
watchski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 12:14am
I have had another blade made since this one. The new one is so gorgeous that I am fearful to post the pictures..
Blades:
Ross Leidy (Nemesis)
Ross Leidy (Canxan)
Ross Leidy (Rapscallion)
Infinity VPS

Rubbers:
Nittaku S-1
Tenergy 80FX 1.9mm
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 1:57am
Originally posted by watchski watchski wrote:

I have had another blade made since this one. The new one is so gorgeous that I am fearful to post the pictures..
really...let's see it
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic