Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Table Tennis vs. Badminton vs Volleyball Shoes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BallWacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BallWacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table Tennis vs. Badminton vs Volleyball Shoes
    Posted: 12/07/2012 at 11:17am
Guys I'm looking for advice on the aspect of Shoes... I'm more particular about DURABILITY and SUPPORT and as of now I'm considering to buy volleyball and badminton shoes as they are said to be more durable than ordinary table tennis shoes because table tennis shoes are made of lighter material and thus tend to break more than volleyball or badminton shoes. Any advice and suggestion on the matter is very much appreciated :D Btw I tend to go MIZUNO all the way but if you have any suggestion as to the brand... 
Loop 'em all!!!
Sponsored Links

Stoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2012 at 11:56am
Asics Rocket Gel. Excellent grip, absorption, ventilation and very very durable. If you get them a bit tight the polyester net might wear off at the point where your feet gets in touch with it, i suggest getting them a bit more comfortable and put insoles for extra absorption specially i you have back or knees problem.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2012 at 12:32pm
I would rate them VB, Bad, TT - interms of durability and comfort. I would say VB might also be the heaviest. So if weight is an issue - would go to Badminton shoes. I use ASICS or Mizuno - VB shoes.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2012 at 1:54pm
Stay with badminton or volleyball if you need the support... but i see BTY newer shoes being more supportive similar to the badminton ones. i have mizunos for TT they're nice but in my case i would like a lot more support Embarrassed

Have a look at what Adidas has to offer with their Adiprene for comfort, i know the sport isn't similar but when i switched from Nike golf shoes to Adidas with adiprene, i could walk the course for two rounds and my feet and knees wouldn't ache at all.
I suppose it will be the same for TT ( i haven't tried them as yet)

Edited by The Shakehander - 12/07/2012 at 2:26pm
Ben0Flin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben0Flin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2020 at 11:21am
I would advise you to look for Mizuno volleyball shoes. I consider Mizuno the best brand as their shoes are durable, lightweight, and highly responsive. The good news is that the volleyball shoes are versatile. You can also use them to play table tennis and badminton. I have a son who loves playing table tennis and volleyball, and I bought him the Mizuno volleyball shoes here: https://www.kahunaverse.com/footwear/mizuno-volleyball-shoes.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2020 at 12:53pm
Somehow I doubt that someone who posted this question eight years ago is going to see your answer.
Lucasjames12 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasjames12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2021 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Ben0Flin Ben0Flin wrote:

I would advise you to look for Mizuno volleyball shoes. I consider Mizuno the best brand as their shoes are durable, lightweight, and highly responsive. The good news is that the volleyball shoes are versatile. You can also use them to play table tennis and badminton. I have a son who loves playing table tennis and volleyball, and I bought him versatile basketball shoes that can be used in all of these sports after going through the guide here: https://outdoorbasketballhub.com/best-basketball-shoes-for-volleyball/

I have not tried volleyball shoes on the badminton court, but it had cause me issue on the basketball court. Had I selected the wrong pair of shoes, or volleyball shoes can't be used on basketball court.

Edited by Lucasjames12 - 04/06/2021 at 8:44am
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2021 at 12:00pm
hehe, didn't see the full heading and got all interested.  Thought it was the rating of the sports not the shoes
Music&Ping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Music&Ping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2021 at 5:48pm

Edited by Music&Ping - 04/01/2021 at 5:58pm
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2021 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Lucasjames12 Lucasjames12 wrote:

Originally posted by Ben0Flin Ben0Flin wrote:

I would advise you to look for Mizuno volleyball shoes. I consider Mizuno the best brand as their shoes are durable, lightweight, and highly responsive. The good news is that the volleyball shoes are versatile. You can also use them to play table tennis and badminton. I have a son who loves playing table tennis and volleyball, and I bought him the Mizuno volleyball shoes here: https://www.kahunaverse.com/footwear/mizuno-volleyball-shoes.

I have not tried volleyball shoes on the badminton court, but it had cause me issue on the basketball court. Had I selected the wrong pair of shoes, or volleyball shoes can't be used on basketball court.

What kind of issue did it cost?

729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
pobey View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2023 at 6:39am
Originally posted by BallWacker BallWacker wrote:

Guys I'm looking for advice on the aspect of Shoes... I'm more particular about DURABILITY and SUPPORT and as of now I'm considering to buy volleyball and badminton shoes as they are said to be more durable than ordinary table tennis shoes because table tennis shoes are made of lighter material and thus tend to break more than volleyball shoes wide width. Any advice and suggestion on the matter is very much appreciated :D Btw I tend to go MIZUNO all the way but if you have any suggestion as to the brand... 
What are the best volleyball shoes in your opinion?

Edited by pobey - 07/27/2023 at 6:41am
volleyballblaze View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote volleyballblaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2023 at 2:27pm
I would advise you to look for Mizuno volleyball shoes. I consider Mizuno the best brand as their shoes are durable, lightweight, and highly responsive. The good news is that the volleyball shoes are versatile. You can also use them to play table tennis and badminton. I have a son who loves playing table tennis and volleyball, and I bought him the popular volleyball shoes here.
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2023 at 3:20pm
Wouldn't this depend on the surface you play on? TT shoes are great on rubber flooring, not so much on wooden gym floors, for example.

Also, beware of the bots that are posting in this thread and resurrecting dead threads. 

Edited by dingyibvs - 11/27/2023 at 3:25pm
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic