FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga CC5 and CC7 Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga CC5 and CC7 Review
    Posted: 12/12/2012 at 8:08pm

Got to review some blades before the world ends in 12-21-12 due to PSY's "Gangnam Style" youtube vid reaches 1 billion views as prophesied by Nostradamus! LOL thanks to Stiga

Blades: Stiga CC5 and CC7
Plies: 7 (5 wood + 2 carbon)
Test rubbers: Stiga Calibra Spin 2.0mm and Magna TX2 2.0mm

Handle type - master flared on both blades

CC5 - 84 grams

CC7 - 85 grams

Plies - 7 

I placed the cc5 on top of the cc7 in the picture above and notice the the slight difference between 2 blades. Both have a 7 ply composition. with 2 very thin wood layers on the outer followed by some sort of a glass fiber - carbon composition followed by a thick ayous center core. Due to the color added to the outer ply and also the nct coating i cannot fully identify the outuer plies of both blades but i can see squarish patterns on the wood that is similar to a koto outer ply. i really though its maple at first because of the white wood but its kinda different, im not sure. The ayous inner core of the cc5 is lil thicker. its about 4mm and the cc7's inner core is about 3.8-3.9mm

Anyway, when i checked the 2 blades i noticed it has a minor roughness compared to the other stiga blades that I had before. I sanded it for a while so it became smoother. The neck part should also be sanded for some people because its a bit sharp but it isn't really much of a problem. A little 
sealing can also help make the handle smooth.

I did a side by side testing of both blades at the same time. Both blades are in the offensive + speed level. Both are very fast. I think these 2 carbon blades are on top of the fastest blades that are composite among stiga's blades. Both are faster than the Intensity carbon but the Titanium blade is still the fastest. The CC7 is slightly faster than the CC5 however the difference isn't that much. Both blades have a stiff feel and there is little vibration on each blades.

On a bounce test both CC blades have a very bouncy effect on the ball even with just 2.0mm rubbers attached. The CC7 gave a higher bounce and when i used both blades for drilling the speed was really fast with the CC7 being faster.

Inside the table doing delicate weaker strokes, you need to adjust on both blades since they tend to be bouncy. While doing drop shorts, i had to adjust fairly since the balls tend to bounce long and i had to lighten my grip on the handle just to absorb the impact of the ball. It takes time but its not hard. Also on delicate service receives i felt they are a bit bouncy so adjustments had to be made.

ON the other hand, these 2 blades are great in attacking. with both blades, i had to step backa step or to to make my shots go inside the table since im really an all wood user and not quite a fan of carbon blades anymore. Both blades as what Stiga claims are have a very long trajectory. Imagine at middle distance from the table having both 2.0mm rubbers on both blades i tend to overshoot the table by a few inches when doing counterloops. At far distance, both blades makes it easy to counter loop and making the ball go to the other side of the table. on loops and counter loops it offers a low to medium height of a  trajectory but a very long one. 

IMO, i think the CC5 is more controllable. While you can loop on both blades well, the CC5 has some sort of little flex that makes it easier to loop than the CC7. When I placed an ESN rubber onto the CC5, it felt better and stronger, though the rubber was max and not 2.0mm. In terms of blocking strong shots, i say both blades are up to the expectations. 
Overall, I like both blades with a partiality on the CC5 because its easier to control. Others have said these blades are heavy but i think it depends on the batches. I think the newer ones are lighter. Also, don't let the blades' being a lil rough on its texture get in the way. its not that huge of a problem. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 8:20pm
Been looking at these, looking forward to your findings.
E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 2:00pm
I'm looking forward to see the reviews as i'm interested in the CC7 too Tongue

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 4:53pm
Stiga quality at last maybe but do all shipped blades would look exactly the same? Big question mark. I got one rosewood xo with uneven surface for 100 euros ! Waiting ur reviews especially about quality and consistency please.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
martian22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martian22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 4:58pm
Anybody wonder why these blades haven't been talked about much since their launch?

I purchased a CC5 close to their launch over here in the UK, and ill safely say its the worst blade ive owned to date unfortunately. 
Upon receiving the blade, the first thing I noticed about it was the awful quality. the handle was all splintery, as was the outer layer( one of these splinters actually dug into my hand, which was rather painful). sure you can sand it, but you shouldnt have to for the ludicrous price that you pay. My Yinhe T4 was better quality than this blade.

Things didnt get much better when i slapped on some rubbers and took it for a spin. I used Calibra FH and T05 BH. even though the setup weighed in at 190g, but it felt much, much heavier, and this actually made a big impact on swing speed. Performance was average, hard, fast, and thats about it.

Also, when i removed the rubbers, this 'crystal' layer decides to stay with your rubbers, making them almost unusable. And ok, yes, you can varnish it, but this would just add to the weight and speed.

I hate to be negative about equipment, but this blade just makes me mad at Stiga, sort it out guys your cheaper blades are better quality than this!!
just my 2c

Yogi, I look forward to your review, but may I just ask, how much did you pay for these blades?Embarrassed
Timo Boll ZLF
MXP

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2012 at 10:41pm
updated with reviews
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2013 at 1:12pm
How cc5 compare to timo boll alc using tenergy 05 if possible both sides?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2013 at 7:59pm
the alc and the cc5 felt different from each other. he cc5 is more stiff. both can be good for t05 but the cc5 might be head heavy

jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2014 at 7:51pm
another nice review ,pls help some question

i find some blade like hard&stiff with powerfull and i interested cc7 and wonder these question
1.compare hardness between cc7  and ebenholz7,nittaku rutis power,gergely
2.compare speed between cc7,ebenholz7,nittaku rutis power,gergely
3.i heard someone say ebenholz7 is werid and not powerfull&fast as stiga claim ,it'just same speed like stiga off nct ,clipper or something like that is it true or not?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic