Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas Fibertec Extreme Forum Testing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas Fibertec Extreme Forum Testing
    Posted: 12/22/2012 at 7:44pm
forum members from Europe. Im happy to announce Adidas will be sending 2 blades- Fibertec Extreme (hinoki carbon) and Challenge Speed (7 ply all wood blade) to be tested. I need 4 testers from Europe. Each tester can keep one of the Adidas rubbers used for testing! Big smile so first come first serve. I need people who can give a bit of detailed reviews. thanks

1. Imago
2. Valentinm
3. Szikorz
4. ZAPenholder
Sponsored Links

ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2012 at 4:17am
South Africa? Tongue
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2012 at 5:31am
zap i think i will include you in the list. i still owe you a rubber or 2 that you will give to one of the kids you are teaching after you test the blades
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2012 at 6:02am
I would be honored to test the blades!
valentinm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valentinm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2012 at 6:03am
Romania
I want to try the 7 ply, all wood blade. Wich rubber?
Now I play with Avalox P700, Skyline 3-fh and Nittaku Galze on bh.
Valentin
szikorz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szikorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2012 at 6:41am
I apply for the test and detailed review provided. 
Stiga Clipper Wood CR WRB - Fh: Yasaka Rakza 7 - Bh: Tibhar 5Q

ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2012 at 8:57am
Thanks Yogi_bear.

I might not be the one testing it though, but I can give to one of the coaches I work with here.
He seems pretty good (or 100 times better than me) when comes to reviews.

Also the "free" rubber can also go to his players (that I also work with, in fact I work with so many coaches here Tongue)

I was even thinking of asking him to do reviews for SA and help the local TT community here in that regards. So maybe this can be a good trial for us

Edited by ZApenholder - 12/23/2012 at 9:15am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2012 at 10:30am
you will be testing 2 blades with 4 rubbers on it. i think it will be P7 and tenzone sf plus maybe tenzone and P5.. pls PM me your complete names and addresses
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2012 at 3:38pm
Hi, I would love to test the Challenge Speed:)
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2012 at 12:04am
mg, ill let you test the upcoming new blades for next yr in the next round of tests

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2013 at 5:06pm
Got the two blades and 4 rubbers today in perfect condition.

FiberTec Extreme is a composite blade - Hinoki - Ayous - Aramid Carbon - Kiri and back...

90 g, 157x150, 5.65 mm, Fl with an almost perfect finish - you just want to hold the blade in your hands. The face print wants some more desigh effort, but in the final analysis it will be covered by the rubbers, so no big deal. Layers look very carefully selected and the final sandpaper work is impeccable. Even the wings are slightly sanded - small thing but pleasant one.

The same holds true of the Challenge Speed, except for the specs - 93 g, 157x150, 6.7 mm. 7-ply wood Limba - Ayous - Ayous - Ayous, etc.

Both blades are head-heavy.

I have applied a very thin protective layer of w/b varnish, althogh the fine finish makes such precaution redundant.

So let them dry...
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2013 at 11:45am

Some pictures

Now the rubbers

Tenzone black, max, 70 g uncut, topsheet 41 d, sponge 39.5, flat

Tenzone SF winered, max, 68 g uncut, T40/S38.5, flat

P3 red, max, 60 g uncut, T36/S35.5, curled

P7 matt black, max, 68 g uncut, T38/S38, curled

I decided to put Tenzone and P3 on the FiberTec blade, while TZ SF and P7 went on to the challenge speed. The weight of the FT combo became 182 g, the Challenge combo - 191 g.

Rackets will be given to as many as possible members of our club to try and I will summarise each and every individual impression.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2013 at 7:30pm
those are very nice pics man

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2013 at 2:55am

I should probably start the review with the general consensus view of all that have been in touch with the two rackets that - considering the mass production orientation of the firm - they didn't expect Adidas blades and rubbers to be of such high quality and craftsmanship. It is obvious that Adidas have hired someone well versed in modern TT production - thoroughly coached, and probably coaching - to design their flagmanship lines. It seems also that whoever took the lead in designing these particular two blades and 4 rubbers did this with a view to the Chinese market or to those who prefer the so-called Chinese style of playing TT.

It may be objected, this is nonsense - the rubbers are manufactured in the very much European factory of ESN.

Yes, this is true, but even the softest of the rubbers, P3, feels somehow harder and - what is more important - tighter (not-hollow, densier) than the hardest orthodox European style rubbers of Andro, Xiom and Tibhar (except for Evolution). While Tenzone, in its both modifications, feels like a non-tacky version of a National Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge - guess which one I will keep/buy for myself ;). P7 has a little bit more control and displays kind of a richer allround spectrum, yet on Challenge Speed, it behaves almost identical with Tenzone SF - except for the softer feel.

In short, as far as rubbers are concerned, with an open heart and mind - I would prefer any of these rubbers to Tenergy (cum grano salis).

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 5:54pm
Adidas Challenge Speed Off+ (see the specs above)

This blade is a perfect successor to Clipper Wood in the new post-organic era (such a self-amuzing generalisation!). It has the same construction, only there are no dyed layers here. Its Off+ designation is totally correct, probably even underestimated - there are lot of DHS blade with the same speed but marked as Off++. For its speed, the blade has almost perfect control. If Stiga Cliper is 101 speed and 68 contro, I would give 115 speed and 65 control, which makes it faster than Clipper CR. The blade is stiff and medium hard, almost no vibrations - but the feel is there, probably due to the perfect combination this blade makes with Tenzone SF max and P7 max.

FH to FH - stable series in both close to the table and middle distance. There seems to be no limit to the power exibited by this blade when power looping from middle distance. Probably it would perform in the same way far from the table but unfortunately, there was no place to verify this hypothesis.

BH to BH - P7 is too bouncy and powerful so I missed the table. P3 reacted better.

Short game - no unexpected burst-outs, the combo is a little bit heavy for flicks, but still doable. Dragged topspins were too easy to attack because of the higher throw of the combo. Adjustment was needed.

Power game - here is where the combo shines. Superdrives and powerloops are easy to execute even with a swift move of the wrist, and of course a song in Doric style when using wide swings.

Defence play - doesn't seem very much fit for defensive style, but at least lobbing was fun.

In short, It was a love from first sight, so after half an hour test, I precipitated to the phone and ordered one Challenge Speed from our local dealer. Smile

Here is a short video of our senior coach trying the blade in a real game. He was also fascinated by the blade.

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 6:54pm
Bravo Iavore!

I like the coach  : ). He has a good hand. Mnogo meko pipa. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 7:33pm
the challenge speed is good until middle distance though if you have a powerful forearm and a very fast rubber it still ok long distance from the table. you are not alone, i can control the P7 better in the fh but not in the bh, dunno why. 

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 8:02pm
A small piece of advice here,

I think it would be better if the reviews where posted in seperate treads, preferably explaining how you got the blades, as there are always a risk that reviews might get a little flawed with free stuff.

Woudln't mind trying out some of their rubbers myself, although I'm hardly a potential custoumer since I want my rubbers to be dirt cheap. Don't prevent me from being curious about their rubbers though =)
The holy grail
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 1:26am
Despite his notorious "soft wrist" Todor Velikov also had issues with P7 on BH, even on the video. He definitely recommended Tenzone SF for this blade.

BTW, the reviews can also be flawed by purchased stuff, because of the desire to vindicate your irrational EJ drive. Wink

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 5:03am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Despite his notorious "soft wrist" Todor Velikov also had issues with P7 on BH, even on the video. He definitely recommended Tenzone SF for this blade.

BTW, the reviews can also be flawed by purchased stuff, because of the desire to vindicate your irrational EJ drive. Wink

Absolutely, a review can always be flawed, there is always the exitment about new gear. I do know from previous reviews here that people seem to think that it's important if you have got the stuff for free or not. I think that most people would feel rude if they decribed a gift as crappy...
The holy grail
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 5:39am

Unfortunately, it's not a gift. Otherwise I would not have bought a new Challenge blade after testing this trial one. Tomorrow, I will send the two blades and four Adidas rubbers to the Dunav TT Club in Rousse for further testing. This will be kind of a social event with some national level players and coaches taking part. So I have specially asked the organizer to see that everyone gives her or his most sincere opinion of the two above combos after a demonstration game.

https://www.facebook.com/events/473566902700333/
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 4:49am
Some video from the testdrive in Rousse TT club

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 8:18am
Good review on the Challenge Speed.  Can't wait for your review on the FiberTec Extreme, if you could please compare it to the TB ZLF, as I believe you have played with the TB ZLF before.  Thanks,
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 9:40am
imago, can you please tell who where the ones that reviewed the items and what they used?

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 3:13am
yogi_bear, this was the video material broadcasted on the BNT2 and now Stiliyan is working on the English subtitles. The blades have been tested by at least 10 players, but by video I can tell only 4 of them are playing with the Challenge and Fibertec. The last two boys are playing with them for sure.

mhnh007, compared to TB ZLF, FTE feels a little bit slower, has more flex and better feel. First, I liked more Challenge, but towards the end, FTE started to develop more power and precision, which is probably due to the natural accomodation of the new rubbers and the dried up w/b glue (this is a strange glue, it has an acceleration period of 3-4 days). The same impressions from our old coach, who is a former master of sports emeritus - his wrist is still like duro- and sensimeter. He also disliked the Fibertec in the beginning (you can see him play with Challenge), but in the end he developed a liking for FTE.

Of course, I should compare it to IF ZLF, because of the ZLF position. In short, more control, more precision, less speed, but somehow more power from middle distance, esp. with the Adidas rubbers. Price difference is about $50 or so.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 8:50am
ok thanks for the info

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 12:04pm
Blades and rubbers have been sent to valentinm (Cluj, Romania).
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2013 at 9:10pm
valentinm has teh items already and is currently reviewing them

valentinm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valentinm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2013 at 4:22pm
Here we go.

About me and my style of playing.

I am an amateur player. I started to play table tennis 6 years ago and I  never had a coach beside me, so I learn by myself and watch other people play. I practice/play  twice a week and  I play in amateur  tournaments once or twice a month. In our country, Romania, there is an amateur league called ”AmaTur” with rules , schedule and  ranking. 

Here is a video with me playing during  tournament. I am the one in the black T-shirt.

My current setup is Avalox P700 with Nittaku Hurricane III Pro on f h and Nittaku Galze on bh. In the past I used a lot of combinations  but in the last two and half years I used chinese rubbers on my fh
Tomorow i will update my post.

Edited by valentinm - 03/26/2013 at 10:37am
valentinm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valentinm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2013 at 10:36am

Fibertec Extreme + Tenzone black-fh and P7 black-bh

Setup 1

Too fast for me in almost any situation. It was difficult for me to play close to table. This combination is good for counter play and  Mattenet style  away from table. My serves were hard to keep it low and short because of  the springy rubbers. The ball trajectory is medium- low. The entire setup is an of+ and  it behaves  like any other carbon  blade and tensors.  The craftmanship of the blade is high but except for the handle I dont care how it looks, I dont play bare blades, I am interested how it plays. The blade is a fast one, faster than TBS, my previous blade, and there is no vibration.The ball jumps  off the rubber quick so the dwell time are very short. For topspin I had to adjust my movement   especially in forehand stroke in order to close the  angle faster. To conclude, no matter how  I combine those rubbers on carbon blade the setup is fast and less spectacular.
More to come
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic