FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 99

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 99
    Posted: 01/08/2013 at 2:34pm

You just had to click didn't you!! LOL 

With the addition of T80 what Tenergy will be next? I believe BTY has covered all the bases with the Tenergy line so would they have the balls to fling another one on us? Perhaps a Tenergy for developing players or a Tenergy priced under $60 bucks. They know they have a few million hooked worldwide so why not! Sometimes those marketing guru's are genius to the dismay of our empty wallets. Does anyone have the inside scoop to Butterfy's R&D? Ahhh I can see it now......Tenergy 99, designed for senior play, block, placement, control. LOL
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2013 at 2:37pm
you got me!
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2013 at 2:46pm
You going to get Tenergy Generation 2 for the new ball coming out
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2013 at 2:56pm
BTW, have you noticed that T80 is sample No.180?
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2013 at 3:01pm
dang....
weestenosis View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weestenosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2013 at 3:13pm
May be tenergy pips.....
Butterfly Amultart cpen

My Feedback
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2013 at 3:53pm
I would imagine Tenergy 80-FX is on the horizon... beyond that, who knows. I wouldn't find it completely unlikely for Butterfly to try to squeeze some more equity out of the Tenergy name. Perhaps there will be some "Super Tenergy" or "Ultra Tenergy" rubbers coming. 
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2013 at 4:28pm
Honestly guys, you can't single out butterfly or tenergy for that matter out on this. Every new series of rubbers for a very long time has always come out with at least 3different breeds and usually even more of the same thing. That's why its a line or series and not just a single rubber. Tenergy has just been the most successful because it's been the most quality product. Overpriced or not, people are spending the money for it and the pros are using it. That isn't changed. Whether it's good marketing or just a good rubber is really moot, what matters is that it's the most successful one by far and therefore will always get the hype along with the ridicule. But it's not doing anything new or different, it's just using a tried and true formula and capitalizing on it more than its competitors. 
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2013 at 4:58pm
When a big change is going to happen, I believe that butterfly is behind it. Look what happened after the speed glue ban, people got lost , table tennis companies tried everything to replace speed glue but they didn't succeed! And suddenly there was tenergy and I remember tamasu butterfly came out with a rubber tested and developed for over 10 years! They knew it was the time for the ban they knew they will sell in billions. Watch out for the new poly balls, when tamasu is ready it will HAPPEN
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2013 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

When a big change is going to happen, I believe that butterfly is behind it. Look what happened after the speed glue ban, people got lost , table tennis companies tried everything to replace speed glue but they didn't succeed! And suddenly there was tenergy and I remember tamasu butterfly came out with a rubber tested and developed for over 10 years! They knew it was the time for the ban they knew they will sell in billions. Watch out for the new poly balls, when tamasu is ready it will HAPPEN

so they knew glue would be banned , how come a company spend money&time in a product without knowing    they will be able to sell?, the answer is sharaa
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2013 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

I would imagine Tenergy 80-FX is on the horizon... beyond that, who knows. I wouldn't find it completely unlikely for Butterfly to try to squeeze some more equity out of the Tenergy name. Perhaps there will be some "Super Tenergy" or "Ultra Tenergy" rubbers coming. 

and they skyrocket sriver price, any bty fan could give us   an explanation?

Edited by bbkon - 01/08/2013 at 5:24pm
jatienza930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jatienza930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2013 at 5:41pm
This would have been great on april fools day Wink
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2013 at 6:02pm
Always someone blamming someone.... I seriously doubt there is any sort of conspiricay in TT, only in the heads of a few ppl. BTY will prolly release a new version of all Tenergies to suit the new ball to meet the demands of all the silly people out there who think they need Tenergy to be competative...
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2013 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

so would they have the balls to fling another one on us?

As long as they don't shove it in my face. It makes it hard to concentrate on my own equipment. Sometimes, Butterfly really rubs me the wrong way. At some point it seems like they're just squirting out rubbers without any real substance. Eventually, we will all reach a climax and stop buying their rubber.

Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2013 at 10:48pm
 I don't really like BTY's pricing but do admire their cutting edge approach to equipment research through the years. BTY R&D is bad a** no doubt about that. Never a dull moment at BTY....will be interesting to see their next latest and greatest offerings. Smile
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2013 at 12:06am
I don't think they are through with new developments in this series. I for one would be curious to see how a T25 size pip but spaced further apart would yield.

Edited by Baal - 01/09/2013 at 12:07am
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2013 at 2:50am
Uggh, I love being trolled.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2013 at 2:57am
I bet the next Tenergy will be called T-88. A lucky number for the Chinese.
viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2013 at 7:05am
 T25,but pips are shorter(!!).
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2013 at 12:19pm
I think it's okay. It's certainly a good rubber, but I still like Tenergy 05 better overall.

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2013 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

I think it's okay. It's certainly a good rubber, but I still like Tenergy 05 better overall.

That made my day! LOL...I believe it has a green Spring Sponge. Beer
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2013 at 2:16pm
I need 2.1 sponge.  LOL
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2013 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

That made my day! LOL...I believe it has a green Spring Sponge. Beer

Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic