FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Sigma 2 Pro - review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Sigma 2 Pro - review
    Posted: 02/06/2013 at 5:08pm
The latest new ESN dude on the BLOCk !!  so i thought i will take it for a SPIN ... and now ready for a day one review... i will keep PUSHing it for some more time, and LOOP back with you on this. LOL

first time i tried it in a club mates paddle, with mx-p on the other side...it felt failry similar to mx-p a little faster. But yesterday it seemed much different... 

Appearance:  the surface has a very non tacky... kind of plasticky appearence ... and you start thinking if it will at all grip the ball. but it grips the ball fairly well in game. 

Feel: Someone in this forum mentioned its very hard... but i completely differ, it felt fairly soft in the game, i ideally love it a little harder than this. The hardness is marginally higher than tenergies, but softer than 1Q-XD or even 1Q. 

Speed: it is very fast on day one. one of the fastest rubbers i recently played with. So MX-p is much slower than this one loops. 

Pushes: I don't know if it was because i was still adjusting to it, or whatever i was always hesitant to push short with it. however it is darn easy to flick due to extreme insensitivity to incoming spin.

Blocks: This is the ULTIMATE blocking rubber i played with .... i could block actively or passively without ever thinking if i will make it or not. Doesn't matter how hard or spin incoming loop was.

Opening loop: completely different stroke than Tenergy 80 .... but it did give me high level of confidence in opening loops. Now... wait !!! this kind of rubbers as per my experience do open loops very well on day 1... because they are tuned. And over time they may lose their ability to open loops. So dont kump to conclusion yet. for Day one i could open loops with very powerful loop/drive, scoring many points. 

Counterloop: It was great in counterlooping... and this kind of rubber stay great in counterlooping even after tuning wears out. 

Serves:nothing to drive home about

debraj

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Sponsored Links

p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 5:18pm
Thanks for the review. I'm curious how the rubbers holds up after more hours of training.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 3:33am
Thanks for the review debraj!

I wonder if sigma 2 pro has the same extremely low throw of sigma 1 pro.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 1:26pm
Okay after 2nd days play i'm now ready to sell this off... i am not getting used to the softer feel. Compared to that i like the hard feel of 1q-xd type rubbers. 

i didn't realize this earlier because by pressing the rubber it feels almost same as mx-p level hardness. 

And NO it is not ridiculously low throw rubber... it has a decent throw... on the lower side but enough to clear the net with some margin. 

And Boy!!! is it fast.... makes MX-P feel like a beginner rubber. ha ha!!  in spite of being fast it has  good control in drives and opening loops. But 1Q-XD is much better against a chopper or a long pip chopper constantly throwing you deeper and deeper underspin to loop against. 

S2P is great in a counterlooping situation because opponents spin doesn't work on you, and still you can spin the ball. 

vid1
Vid 2
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 5:39pm
On my Amultart S2P plays with a very high throw and indeed feels soft, although when you touch it isn't soft at all. I like the rubber, but wish it was lighter
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 6:31pm
Kolev... among the modern rubbers i think this guy is fairly lighter than others..... well i haven't measured... just hand feel.

yeah... knowing your taste .. you would probably like this rubber.... :)
vid1
Vid 2
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 7:11pm
[:) ha ha. You got me, but frankly I don't like soft rubbers. Medium , yes. I must try this rubber on my usual(harder) blade before I have a final verdict. How do you like the Latika isn't it a soft wood?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic