FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Mississauga Rattlers Winter 2013 RR Tourney - Event Date: 02/24/2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Mississauga Rattlers Winter 2013 RR Tourney
    Posted: 02/07/2013 at 1:28pm
http://otta.visualclubweb.nl/file_download.aspx?id=427453

source: OTTA

Edited by alexli - 07/05/2013 at 2:54am
Sponsored Links

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2013 at 4:44pm
Didn't make it for photos weekends for me are a real challenge for personal time to shoot events.

Does anyone have the final score sheets?

Thanks
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2013 at 4:34pm
Official results to be out but here is what I know:

A Group: Winner: Raymond Zhang
               Second: Teddy Kang
               Third    : James Yu
                Fourth : Sumit Dutta

B Group: Winner: Rachel Wu

C Group: Winner: Sanjeev Chopra

D Group: Winner Sheree Zhang
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2013 at 4:56pm
Thank you very much Sunny. I hope the event was better than last year in attendance?

Edited by The Shakehander - 02/27/2013 at 4:57pm
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2013 at 2:12pm
Definitely the tournament was better than the last year one which was on October 28, 27 entries in U1500 event and 16 in Open event. Most of the players in open event were good players so it was good fun. We had 3200 rated player winning the tournament and there were few good upsets from younger players who are quickly getting better.

Overall, unfortunately things have changed in Toronto over the last one year, clubs have become islands and want to play in their tournament only.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2013 at 4:07pm
Dam i missed another good event...i'm hoping this changes as the year progresses.

It's good to hear it was better, if the clubs stop putting these events out, the sport as a whole will suffer i'm hoping players realize this and it seems they do.

I understand your view on "island clubs" but that's as much as iwant to say publicly online on it :)

jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2013 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by sunny sunny wrote:

Definitely the tournament was better than the last year one which was on October 28, 27 entries in U1500 event and 16 in Open event. Most of the players in open event were good players so it was good fun. We had 3200 rated player winning the tournament and there were few good upsets from younger players who are quickly getting better.

Overall, unfortunately things have changed in Toronto over the last one year, clubs have become islands and want to play in their tournament only.

Who is Raymond Zhang? I am assuming he's the 3200 player - which club does he play out of? Does that mean Sun Jian Fei has competition?
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2013 at 6:48pm
Raymond Zhang i believe is from Canadian Elite Table Tennis Training Center in Mississauga.

Edited by The Shakehander - 03/03/2013 at 7:14pm
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2013 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by The Shakehander The Shakehander wrote:

Raymond Zhang i believe is from Canadian Elite Table Tennis Training Center in Mississauga.
Never seen him play. Hopefully, he will be in the next local tournament.
Butterfly MPS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 8:54am
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

I heard he's a pretty good coach over at Elite.
You might see him at the Ontario Championship.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 11:19am

I am not sure - Provincials have restrictions - not sure if you have to be a citizen of Canada to play in these. Because I don't recall Hong Tao or Sun playing in these.
Butterfly MPS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 11:39am

I am not sure - Provincials have restrictions - not sure if you have to be a citizen of Canada to play in these. Because I don't recall Hong Tao or Sun playing in these.

I'm not sure what you're saying?

"Player has to be Ontario resident (Canadian citizen or landed
immigrant)"
source: Ontario Championship Prospectus

Perhaps they don't need too, wanted too, had something else to do.

Edited by The Shakehander - 03/08/2013 at 11:40am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2013 at 5:40pm
*final update*
This is the "cut n paste" news from Mississauga Rattler's site.

Originally posted by A. Thomas, Tournament Coordinator A. Thomas, Tournament Coordinator wrote:

The Mississauga Rattlers held a successful winter round robin tournament last Sunday, with strong participation in the U-1500 event, including players from as far as Sarnia.

In the Open, favourite Raymond Zhang, who is of national calibre, sailed through the competition without losing so much as a set, despite Teddy Kang’s best efforts. Worth noting are the impressive results of the three juniors (Sheree Zhang, James Yu and Jason Liu) who all performed easily at 500 points higher than their ratings would indicate. Congratulations to them and to their coaches.

In the U-1500, Tony Yu (CCTTA) prevailed over two other under-rated players (Sheree Zhang and Tom Rattanaphannarong) to take the crown and the cash that came with it.

Winners were as follows:

Open. Winner: Raymond Zhang ($200); runner-up: Teddy Kang. Winners in B: Li Yu; C: Sanjeev Chopra; D: Sheree Zhang.

U-1500. Winner: Tony Yu ($100); runner-up: Sheree Zhang. Winners in A2: Jason Liu; A3: Ben Seto; B1: Amees Mohammed; B2: Joyce Yu; B3: Mohammed Kassim Jessa.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic