Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TIBHAR EVOLUTION SERIES REVIEW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2013 at 7:21pm
hmm that is strange assidious, for almost 2 weeks now the ones i have don't have any discolorations, the el-p and fx-p of my friends didn't have a problem either. can you please post pics?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

AndresFrz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndresFrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2013 at 7:59pm
and has the same smell of BioBOOST Dandoy, which brings bluefire m2?
and the feeling of the hardest-p is equal to or m2?
and which of the three do you think could replace tenergy 05?
tanks yogi bear
blade: Adidas c100-fl

FH: Andro Rasant turbo 2,1
BH: Andro Rasant turbo 2,1
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2013 at 10:10pm
Strange assiduous.  After a month, my MX-P still looks quite good on both sides.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2013 at 6:11am
Originally posted by AndresFrz AndresFrz wrote:

tanks yogi bear

non could replace tenergy but closer to performance would be mx-p, el-p is closer to m2, never paid attention to the smell sorry heehheLOL
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2013 at 6:30am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

Both my ELP and MXP look like crap after only a few sessions. Play the same, but the topsheet has all kinds of colors and marks from who knows what. I don't understand. No other rubber gets defaced so quickly. 

Black or Red?
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2013 at 9:32am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

tanks yogi bear

non could replace tenergy but closer to performance would be mx-p, el-p is closer to m2, never paid attention to the smell sorry heehheLOL

MX-P has similar smell as M-2 but much much less strong.  MX-P is a reasonable T05 replacement.  I have not seen or tried the other Evolution versions.  MX-P has a quite different feel than T05, but it has a very good feel of it's own -- much harder, feeling of control.  Throws lower than T05 and it is a little faster than T05.  Still, you can switch to MX-P with out having to change the way you play very much.  I used T05 for years and don't think I will be going back.
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2013 at 3:37pm
Baal/Jeff(ATTC),
Which: MX-P or M1 or M2 is harder, dwell, weight?
I'm playing with M1 on BH, and it's very good at blocking & opening against underspin, but hard to rally probably cause sponge is too hard for my style.  according to Donic, M1 is 47.5, but I believe it's harder than that...  
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2013 at 3:49pm
MX-P is about 47-48 degrees and has low catapult until you swing hard - you probably won't like it if you don't like M1.

And MX-P is heavy!
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2013 at 3:51pm
If M1 is bad for you then MX-P is probably also too hard for your BH.  I use MX-P for mine and like it but never liked soft rubber very much.  Not sure about weight comparison except that MX-P is pretty heavy, definitely more than M2.  Never had M1 on my own blade, so not sure about weight there.  
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2013 at 6:37pm
I'm really surprised that no one is mentioning the sound of MX-P. I was really surprised that such a hard sponged rubber could sound so good when looping. It's not Sinus Sound or Xiom Omega Elite loud, but it's comparable to Ten05FX. Kind of a half muted click. Perhaps I am just overly excited about the sound, having used DHS rubbers for the past year. The sound reminds me of my days with uncontrollable catapult-like rubber. 
Besides the sound, I am loving this rubber. My back spin serves are shorter and spin back to the net with more force. My loops and drives hit the table more often. Hitting warm ups is a little faster than I am used to, but still controllable. 
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2013 at 7:02pm
You should tryFX-P in max... U almost need earplugs.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2013 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by GoldenDragoon GoldenDragoon wrote:

You should tryFX-P in max... U almost need earplugs.

I could imagine. Nimbus sound and Sinus sound were the most vocal I've used. I'd get accused of gluing and often times had opponents checking the ball for cracks during tournaments. Genius+Opt Sound didn't do so much for me. That was 2-3 years ago, so I can only imagine how loud the newer technology has allowed the rubbers to become.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2013 at 10:51pm
Have you tried Calibra LT Sound? Easily the best and most consistent noise of any rubber.
Cybershape Carbon
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2013 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Have you tried Calibra LT Sound? Easily the best and most consistent noise of any rubber.

I have not owned any Stiga rubber, but I have hit with a friend's sheet on a Rosewood blade. Come to think of it, I'm not so sure it was the sound version. The calibra I hit with felt great and was very controllable, but I don't recall the sound on contact.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2013 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by MindTrip MindTrip wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I have not owned any Stiga rubber, but I have hit with a friend's sheet on a Rosewood blade. Come to think of it, I'm not so sure it was the sound version. The calibra I hit with felt great and was very controllable, but I don't recall the sound on contact.

You sound like a Speed Glue effect connoisseur, so it is unlikely you were using the Sound version.  The real name for that rubber should be Calibra soft or something like that, but the sound was probably too good for name it anything else.
Cybershape Carbon
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2013 at 12:19pm
MX-P definitely makes a nice "thock" when you hit it, even in max.  It is interesting because it is not at all a soft rubber.  It is actually quite hard.  Much much louder than Tenergy.

Edited by Baal - 03/11/2013 at 12:20pm
AndresFrz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndresFrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2013 at 9:06pm
who is the best on control Evolution MX-P or Bluefire m2 
both on MAX sponge??

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2013 at 9:09pm
i say M2 since its slower than MX-P

AndresFrz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndresFrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2013 at 9:14pm
but it is easy to control?
and the speed difference between m2 and mx-p is much? or minor adjustments can be used?
thanks¡

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2013 at 9:29pm
you need some adjustments but yes its controllable, the difference in speed is really big though

AndresFrz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndresFrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2013 at 9:35pm
Thanks yogi,
I was thinking and it is wiser to EL-P change at similar or m2, MX-P or what you think you've already tested the tires and the tenergy 64 is really fast but still controllable for me
and then beyond that you know some of the DONIC Baum esprit for you comment me please

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2013 at 10:05pm
imo, i think the el-p is better though if you want brute force that would be mx-p, havent tried the donic baum esprit sorry

AndresFrz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndresFrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2013 at 10:09pm
Thanks yogi by that time you spend on this forum the truth is very useful me.
and they will put my MX-P when fence to the Olympic Games, I will keep the rest of the EL-P.
which you prefer EL-P or m2 and why?

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2013 at 7:26am
simply because i hate donic's durability issues

AndresFrz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndresFrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2013 at 12:13pm
and which of the two is heavier EL-P or m2?
and with that ends my series of questions LOL hahaha
by yogi

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2013 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

simply because i hate donic's durability issues

The bluefire series is very durable FWIW
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2013 at 12:23pm
Yogi, i find MX-P with better control than EL-p in absolutely all situations, on all blades and both on FH and BH. I cannot even play with EL-P on bh. 
EL-P is soft but too jumpy. And I love jumpy but this is not the good jumpy. MX-P is tighter sponge and very predictable trajectory and overall behavior. ELP sponge is too wiggly and the transition from slow to fast ball is out of control. When u dont engage the sponge its slow, and then when in dips in the sponge all of a sudden jumps 10 ft out. I just can't do control loop with ELP. I go for all out loop so the extra jump doesnt bother me. MXP despite being tighter sponge has very linear releationship between increase in power and increase of speed. 80% power (controlled loops) are very easy with MXP .

For me..
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2013 at 3:42pm
Can anyone comment on how MX-P or EL-P compare with Palio Thors, Xiom Vega China and Rakza 7?
I recently switched from Palio Thors and Vega China on my FH to Rakza 7 and really have enjoyed the boost in top spin and looping consistency.
Vega China and Thors required a perfect stroke and I came to the conclusion that I just don't have the will or time to bring my stroke to the level that Thors/China demand.
With Rakza 7 I was able to generate around the same amount of spin, slightly slower smashes but gained a lot of consistency. Short game and serve did not seem to suffer much either.

If MX-P or EL-P offer me the same ease of top spin and loop as Rakza 7 along with the control with added spin, power or both... I think I might give them a try.

I use a Yinhe W6 but am seriously considering giving Xiom Aria a try (My friend has Aria with Rakza 7 and it feels great..better than the W6)
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2013 at 8:14pm

and which of the two is heavier EL-P or m2?
and with that ends my series of questions LOL hahaha
by yogi

i have not weighed both on a scale but their weight difference is very slim

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2013 at 8:17pm
i think thors is harder than mx-p and heavier. comparing the 2 to rakza 7 i say both are simply better in terms of speed and spin. also, rakza 7 doesnt last that long for me. .

assidious, i think we have different preferences and maybe different strokes. when i placed the mx-p on a 5 ply limba blade it was very good and was better than in a stiff walnut 5 ply blade though i still prefer the el-p

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic