Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

max or 2.0 thickness?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NoelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: max or 2.0 thickness?
    Posted: 03/14/2013 at 11:24am
Im wondering what thickness should i get for my xiom omega IV pro and vega europe. Someone said that if i go for max thickness the control will be lessen but the speed and spin will increase and if i go for 2.0 thickness the speed will decrease but the control will increase. And someone said that ishould ho for max thickness in forehand if i use forehand often than backhand. If i go for a max thickness in fh and 2.0 in bh will it affect the balance of the racket? If not ill go for a max thickness in fh and 2.0 in bh.
Sponsored Links

NoelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2013 at 11:26am
Will it affect my allaround-offensive style?
chopchopslam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopchopslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2013 at 11:28am
This has gotta be a troll right?
Butterfly Grubba Pro
Tenergy 80
National Team Pogo LP .6mm
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2013 at 11:29am
if you're more of an allround - offensive style then stick with 2.0. Max would be more for offensive player as you will have less control.
Best of luck.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2013 at 11:37am
Hope this is related. 

I'm testing Calibra LT Sound in 2.0mm and I am having serious underspin looping issues.  It's almost like my stroke has gone back to what it was 7 months ago when I couldn't loop underspin consistently in a real match.  Before this, for context, I was using Baracuda and Rhyzm.

Would going to max help this issue for this rubber, or is my technique just in need of serious improvement with a non-superspin rubber?  I would go back to Baracuda and Rhyzm, but LT Sound fits my blocking and hitting game tremendously well and I just need to fix this underspin issue...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2013 at 11:58am
We're talking about right handed fh loop v. long enough backspin ball:
I have noticed that with max spinny rubbers the additional sponge will be enough to lift up an underspin ball without actively thinking of my wrist and point of contact: the ball will sink better and the stroke will brush and lift the ball up. When I go for 2.0 and/or less spinny rubbers I need to 1) twist my wrist a bit to the right, open my paddle more and 2) contact the ball a bit below where I would contact with max sponge.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2013 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

We're talking about right handed fh loop v. long enough backspin ball:
I have noticed that with max spinny rubbers the additional sponge will be enough to lift up an underspin ball without actively thinking of my wrist and point of contact: the ball will sink better and the stroke will brush and lift the ball up. When I go for 2.0 and/or less spinny rubbers I need to 1) twist my wrist a bit to the right, open my paddle more and 2) contact the ball a bit below where I would contact with max sponge.

Thanks.  Will try out your tips and also try Calibra LT Sound in Max and see what happens.  I like blocking loops over the table and as I get better, my opponents are generating levels of spin that are making this trickier and trickier.  I am curious to see the tradeoff between the blocking and the looping for Max.  For 2.0mm, it was perfect for topspin (when I was hitting with an opponent who loved high arcing spin, he was fairly annoyed that it seemed liked I was playing with anti) but if I can't open against heavy underspin consistently, then the rubber is not for me. 
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2013 at 1:03am
I think the problem was a bad glue job - I'm not sure if I am going to be using WBG anymore.  Will probably stick with rubber cement until further notice.
Cybershape Carbon
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2013 at 1:07am
I heard about Titan DX glue once; wanna give it a try? LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic