Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Absolutely surprised with Clipper CR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2013 at 4:14am
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

is it just me or does the clipper have really high throw?

Clipper wood has really high throw. Clipper CR is harder, a bit lower.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Sponsored Links

DrBacterius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2013 at 3:44pm
Finally!,

I got my Adelie. I'm happy to see that wheights 85 gr. quite good for me. I love Clipper CR but I hate Stiga for their UV Varnish. It's not varnish, it's rubbish. Impossible to glue any kind of rubber before sand. Why is needed to sand a new blade? Stiga is actually making the same maistake with blades over 100$. I cannot understand it.

Here are my blades:

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2013 at 3:45pm
And the rest:

lilactime031 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2013 at 6:52pm
I tried some months ago a Chinese Clipper CR.
It was very similar with the Swedish made.
e-pingpongshop
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 2:43pm
Unfortunately, everything isn´t nice on clipper CR. It´s one of the most dissapointing craftmanship ever noticed in a TT blade. Mine suffers of an uneven glued.  Outers plys are porly glued, specially the outer of 0.5mm, so when you try to peel it for the rubber from the blade you´ll tear off the hole layer- ply  for sure. AngryAngry

I would like to know if it´s just a matter of a crappy typical Stiga QC´S or i got a bad batch. My friends complains just about the same thing on his C-CR Ouch.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 05/03/2013 at 2:56pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 2:55pm
stiga's QC is not very good.

using VOC free, there is no problem at all to glue.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 3:49pm
I absolutely agree.

In my case, the problem is with the outer plies. I'm not sure if the problem is with high density glues like DHS 15 but if you take the 'original' version of Clipper CR it's nearly impossible to glue. In one day trainning the rubbers are unstucked. So, recommended to sand (recommended by the seller!!!!, incredible). In that case, the outer plies suffer a lot and when you take off the rubber it's very easy to damage the outer ply. In my case, there is a part of the ply absolutely off (there's no ply in that zone) and the second ply is nearly damaged...Angry

Stiga is one of the legendary manufacturer of table tennis blades. It's difficult to understand stuff like this. And Clipper familiy is not expansive... I don't want to think about having the same problems with over 75$ blades... Disapprove

Edited by DrBacterius - 05/03/2013 at 3:52pm
OSP Virtuoso
T8O Max / Ventus Spin 1.8

My Feedback
khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 3:54pm
if you sand, i guess that you need to seal it before gluing.

i used DHS 15 and have no problem to glue CR, E7 and E5.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 4:13pm
Hard to believe your afirmation with the combination CR/DHS 15.

How do you do it? I tried it several times before sanding, with different amounts of glue and the result was always the same... rubbers unstucked! T05fx in that case.

Help!.
OSP Virtuoso
T8O Max / Ventus Spin 1.8

My Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 4:58pm
http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/835/20130503195641.jpg/
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 5:08pm
it depends on the glue, guys. it is difficult to glue with latex (copydex etc) on CR blades and on poly sealed blades. For that, you'll have to use some expensive glue like free chack. But then you'll never be able to detach it from the rubber.
khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 5:09pm
one layer in blade and one layer in rubber, wait
close to one hour, then use several big heavy
books above for about 3 hours.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 5:33pm

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 5:36pm
I´m using DIANCHI free of VOC. It´s got a strong bond effect, but its still weaker than any old VOC. 

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2013 at 11:58am
What should I put on a Clipper on BH for confident looping, if I find T64 a little too springy and uncontrollable? It`s OK if I go for a loopkill, but I need just a little more dwell for controlled looping to stay in a rally.
roger_rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger_rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2013 at 4:42pm
Hi, I've also got the same problem with the VOC Free Glue(TM, Copydex, DianChi, etc)

The solution is:
1st put 1 layer glue on the blade, wait until dry.
2nd put onother layer on the blade and 1 layer to the rubber, wait until both dry and attach.
3rd put some heavy books for at least 1 hour.

Hope this help.

Main: Boll ALC FL 93g, FH: H3 Prov 39d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

Spare: Boll Spirit AN black Tag 90g, FH: H3N Prov. 40d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2013 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

What should I put on a Clipper on BH for confident looping,

clipper cr or wood?

clipper CR works great with bluefire m3 (max or 2.0). clipper wood works great with sigma europe (max or 2.0).

(this is for backhand.)
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2013 at 6:06pm
Thanx... And what about smth non-Tensor?
is Sriver G3 suitable as a more controlled substitute for 64?

Edited by GSOM_GSOM11 - 05/04/2013 at 6:06pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2013 at 2:13am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

looks like your 2nd layer of wood has some sort of separation 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
caballero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caballero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2013 at 10:50pm

Unfortunately, everything isn´t nice on clipper CR. It´s one of the most dissapointing craftmanship ever noticed in a TT blade. 

Unfortunately, I have to agree. That's why I sold mine. I did not even played with it because I noticed what you say. 
Hurray for independent blade-makers:

Leidy's Rapscallion
Charlie's 1Ply & 9-10-9
American Hinoki's WRC Quantum 3-ply

Feedback Caballero
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2013 at 12:56am
jonyer your picture matches up exactly with what mine is doing. Maybe stiga should owe us a refund? 
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 5:14am
It seems that Tabletennis11.com has Clipper CR non-WRB in assortment for 50eur:

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/stiga-clipper-cr

May TT11 representative confirm this?

At the moment available handle shapes are Legend FL, ST and Conic. According the photos provided, there are small red Clipper CR letters and no Patent Pending on the head, so it has to be the new thick version of the blade. Nevertheless, if true, this will be a great news for many interested in this limitedly available non-WRB version.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
TonyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 5:26am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

It seems that Tabletennis11.com has Clipper CR non-WRB in assortment for 50eur:

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/stiga-clipper-cr

May TT11 representative confirm this?

At the moment available handle shapes are Legend FL, ST and Conic. According the photos provided, there are small red Clipper CR letters and no Patent Pending on the head, so it has to be the new thick version of the blade. Nevertheless, if true, this will be a great news for many interested in this limitedly available non-WRB version.

That is the normal CR version with euro sticker. I bought one a couple weeks back. +1 to tabletennis11 of having it in stock.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 5:40am
It is strangely to open updated topic from 2+ years ago and do not see any posted correct picture from the archive.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 11:39pm

I got it in Spain, if you´re still interested on it i can send you MP my local supplier Wink

CR I got from china is way better than the version sold in europe, i think its provincial since it came in a brown box with no names 
filipo123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filipo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 3:34am
@bbkon: Where did you buy the China CR version?
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by filipo123 filipo123 wrote:

@bbkon: Where did you buy the China CR version?

eacheng.net

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic