Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Review request: Galaxy Moon Pro (36 degree sponge)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review request: Galaxy Moon Pro (36 degree sponge)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review request: Galaxy Moon Pro (36 degree sponge)
    Posted: 04/16/2013 at 2:25pm
Anyone played with this rubber?
I'm looking for a review.
I've heard that this version is a completely different rubber than the harder sponged versions (i.e: even the topsheet is different). Is that true?
How is it's speed. How are it's spin & throw angle? Is it very different from slower tensors like Baracuda?

Thanks. This is for the BH of a two-winged looper at around 1850 level who shall pair this with a stiff OFF blade.
Sponsored Links

crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2013 at 3:33pm
ive used some moons and marsIIs.

the topsheet for moon is the same, unless you buy the "pro" version. which is more expensive and medium tacky, as opposed to the grippy regular version.

so unless you buy the pro version the topsheet is the same.

performance wise id say its quite comparable to a lightly glued mark V. and softer versions are pretty good for BH play, altough not as fast as tensors if unglued/untuned
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2013 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by crackfst crackfst wrote:

ive used some moons and marsIIs.

the topsheet for moon is the same, unless you buy the "pro" version. which is more expensive and medium tacky, as opposed to the grippy regular version.

so unless you buy the pro version the topsheet is the same.

performance wise id say its quite comparable to a lightly glued mark V. and softer versions are pretty good for BH play, altough not as fast as tensors if unglued/untuned

Thanks - I'm looking for reviews on the PRO version with 36 degree sponge - is that the same one you're commenting on (about the Mark V - like characteristics)?
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2013 at 3:46pm
no. PRO version has tacky topsheet. its a very good rubber but i wouldnt advise on using it on a backhand.

get the regular 36° version for backhand instead, thats the one i meant when i said similar to mark V.

Unless you really wanna play tacky on your backhand
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic