FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Omega V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2013 at 5:16am
I would like to say thanks to tabletennis11 for giving us a description of the new Omega v rubbers, I wished more dealers would do this on a forum.
Shifter
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2013 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

I would like to say thanks to tabletennis11 for giving us a description of the new Omega v rubbers, I wished more dealers would do this on a forum.

+1. Great to get the information early, and much better than relying on manufacturer promotional nonsense.

(ps - tt11, what's the news on Bluefire JP? I see it's listed on your site now)
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2013 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

Omega V is not out yet, I guess TT11 had special arrangements with Xiom to get this rubber to test.
Maybe the Adidas "Top Secret" Rubber was a start on how companies will want to promote they product before the launch.

Even Tenergy 80 had "leaked" retail version before the world wide launch date
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2013 at 12:00pm
Maybe Xiom does a better job of marketing in their home market...
but all these new products are giving me brand fatigue.
I much prefer to buy rubbers from a company with a well defined, and concise brand line.
It' just bizzare when you're able to buy a rubber and they don't even have it listed on the corporate website.
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2013 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

(ps - tt11, what's the news on Bluefire JP? I see it's listed on your site now)
We did not manage to receive the samples. Probably we do not receive them earlier than delivery of the sales lot somewhere in May.
geek View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2013 at 9:55am
Has any of new XIOM rubbers (Sigma II or Omega V Tour) porouse sponge as Tibhar Evolution (large and rigid pores as Tenergy) ?

Edited by geek - 05/02/2013 at 10:01am
XIOM Magellan FL
FH: Giant Dragon Storm 2.1
BH: DHS Hurricane3 Neo National 2.2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2013 at 10:22am
New Omega V does not have these large pores as Tibhar Evolution
geek View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2013 at 10:30am
So, I must tell that I don't understand XIOM (I am official dealer for Croatia). So many new rubbers (Vega Japan, Sigma I, Sigma II, Omega V) and what is improvement ? Maybe, some rubbers are factory tuned (Japan and Sigma II) but we expected progress in sponge (spin and control not speed). If you need more speed you can put few more layers of tuning and glue. My daughter still plays with Vega Pro on FH and Stiga Calibra Sound on BH. On reserve blade (also TBS) she will try Tibhar Evolution EL-P.

Edited by geek - 05/06/2013 at 6:54am
XIOM Magellan FL
FH: Giant Dragon Storm 2.1
BH: DHS Hurricane3 Neo National 2.2
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by tabletennis11 tabletennis11 wrote:

Omega V Pro is softer and slightly slower than Omega IV Pro. Our active attacking players preferred Omega IV Pro for their forehand. Omega V Tour is advanced high density rubber, which is more powerful than Omega V Pro. Omega V Tour feels to be good option for professional players with lots of spin and speed at the same time. Now we understand that we need to compare Omega V Tour with Sigma II rubbers. 

So the hard version is now called Tour? Pro = medium hardness, and Europe = soft ?
Like M1, M2, M3?

Edited by seguso - 05/03/2013 at 5:59pm
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2013 at 11:20pm
We have heard only about 2 versions of Omega V rubbers Pro and Tour.
128YinYang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2013 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by geek geek wrote:

So, I must tell that I don't understand XIOM (I am official dealer for Croatia). So many new rubbers (Vega Japan, Sigma I, Sigma II, Omega V) and what is improvement ? Maybe, some rubbers are factory tuned (Japan and Sigma II) but we expected progress in sponge (spin and control not speed). If you need more speed you can put few more layers of tuning and glue. My daughter still plays with Vega Pro on FH and Stiga Calibra Sound on BH. On reseve blade (also TBS) she will try Tibhar Evolution EL-P.

I cannot speak for the Sigma series, but Vega Japan is definitely a noticeable improvement from the previous generations. I've used 3 Vega rubbers (China, Japan, and Pro), and Japan is definitely above and beyond the others, and even competitive with the newest gen rubbers, like Bluefire and Evolution.

Selling Everything! No set-up at this time.
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2013 at 6:51am

Omega V Pro is softer and slightly slower than Omega IV Pro. Our active attacking players preferred Omega IV Pro for their forehand. Omega V Tour is advanced high density rubber, which is more powerful than Omega V Pro. Omega V Tour feels to be good option for professional players with lots of spin and speed at the same time. Now we understand that we need to compare Omega V Tour with Sigma II rubbers. 

Can you update us on if you had chance to compare Omega V Tour with Sigma pro/pro II yet. Omega IV pro FH and Omega IV Asia BH are the best Xiom rubbers I have used including Sigma pro and Sigma Europe - best balance of spin speed and control.  I look forward to your review of the Omega V Tour and how much faster/harder is it than Omega IV pro if at all.

Edited by riker71 - 05/06/2013 at 6:52am
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 11:16am
i bought today the omega v tour

the rubber has a sponge that ist not so porous and harder than vega japan

the topsheet is harder as well

ich will test it  tonight on my vh and i hope i get a positive impression like i got with vega japan

Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 11:36am
Carmelomaf,

Where did you purchase the Omega V Tour from if I may ask?

128YinYang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

i bought today the omega v tour

the rubber has a sponge that ist not so porous and harder than vega japan

the topsheet is harder as well

ich will test it  tonight on my vh and i hope i get a positive impression like i got with vega japan

The harder topsheet & harder sponge combo sounds like it will be a faster rubber than Vega Japan, though it doesn't sound like it will be as spinny. I personally think Vega Japan is still the best performance-to-cost rubber on the market right now. The Victas V>01 that I am testing is good too, though, except it is more expensive...

Selling Everything! No set-up at this time.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 11:55am
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Carmelomaf,

Where did you purchase the Omega V Tour from if I may ask?

in a german tt shop

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 11:58am

Originally posted by 128YinYang 128YinYang wrote:

The harder topsheet & harder sponge combo sounds like it will be a faster rubber than Vega Japan, though it doesn't sound like it will be as spinny. 

it is not always in this way, i found yesterday the tau slower than vega japan

Originally posted by 128YinYang 128YinYang wrote:

I personally think Vega Japan is still the best performance-to-cost rubber on the market right now.

i full agree with you

Edited by carmelomaf - 05/07/2013 at 11:59am

Benigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2013 at 7:26am
Anyone else had a chance to play with Omega V tour/pro? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2013 at 8:27am
Omega V Tour is now availbale. http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/tt-rubber-xiom-omega-v-tour-tt96042337#.UaNQeqK-2So  We played with it quite for while. It is the fastest rubber from Xiom assortment.  Feels quite hard and requires good technique.  Omega V Pro is not available for sale yet.
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2013 at 2:03am

We played with it quite for while. It is the fastest rubber from Xiom assortment.  Feels quite hard and requires good technique.

Is it harder than Sigma I Pro?
What is its weight compared to the Sigma I Pro?

Thanks
MAG180 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAG180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2013 at 4:58am
Hardness is same.
Sigma 1 Pro 65g, Omega V Tour - 70g (uncutting rubbers without package)
But uncutting rubbers have different sizes. The size of sigma I pro is  little smaller than Omega V tour

azinoth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azinoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2013 at 5:06pm
marketing...
fattchoi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fattchoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 10:42pm

Omega V Tour is now availbale. http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/tt-rubber-xiom-omega-v-tour-tt96042337#.UaNQeqK-2So  We played with it quite for while. It is the fastest rubber from Xiom assortment.  Feels quite hard and requires good technique.  Omega V Pro is not available for sale yet.

Would you by any chance be able to compare this Omega V Tour with the Bluefire M1 in terms of hardness, speed and spin? Thanks.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2013 at 10:45am
Omega V Tour is slightly softer comparing Bluefire M1. From our point of view Omega V Tour has more control means easier to handle and easier to spin the ball. Bluefire M1 has "direct" contact - more speed. We will take a look at new Bluefire JP01 vs Omega V Tour tomorrow.  
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2013 at 12:01am

Omega V Tour is slightly softer comparing Bluefire M1. From our point of view Omega V Tour has more control means easier to handle and easier to spin the ball. Bluefire M1 has "direct" contact - more speed. We will take a look at new Bluefire JP01 vs Omega V Tour tomorrow.  

Can you also compare Omega V Tour and Sigma II Pro? I am thinking of changing to one of these.
Thanks
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2013 at 12:47am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

Originally posted by gatorling gatorling wrote:

Xiom is a great brand..I've used only one of their rubbers in the past..
but boy do they pump out a lot of different product lines.
Makes it sort of difficult to follow and makes you wonder how can a company release so many different products so fast with improvements?

there is a logic, although I agree it's confusing:
- sigma series: rubbers mostly for pushblockers, not ideal for looping (not bad either).- omega series: rubbers for loopers  with emphasis on speed.- vega series: rubbers for loopers with emphasis on spin but poor speed, for beginners.- tau series: meant to resemble what Ma Long, Zhang etc. are actually using.
The only piece that does not really fit is Vega China.

I feel that XIOM OMEGA IV is for blockers and stable but not aggressive spins, at least the Euro version

Edited by iakovka - 06/05/2013 at 12:48am

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2013 at 9:34pm
Quote tau series: meant to resemble what Ma Long, Zhang etc. are actually using.

Hi. Just a word on Tau. Tau is slow, hard, spinny, and has got an high arc, so there isn’t much difference to, for example, Hurricane III. Forget about that it’s the same as Vega China (Vega China is much faster and abit softer). Forget about that it’s something that would resemble Ma Long’s tuned rubber. With Tau you may win the point with the huge spin produced, almost never with speed. Driving or smashing is a pretty frustrating task with Tau as with many china rubbers. And I couldn’t sense any factory tuning in Tau, neither by smell, nor by it’s playing capabilities. Overall I would say Tau is pretty crappy for its high price :-) Thanks for listening.

Edited by Klaus123 - 07/23/2013 at 9:40pm
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2013 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Klaus123 Klaus123 wrote:

Quote tau series: meant to resemble what Ma Long, Zhang etc. are actually using.

Hi. Just a word on Tau. Tau is slow, hard, spinny, and has got an high arc, so there isn’t much difference to, for example, Hurricane III. Forget about that it’s the same as Vega China (Vega China is much faster and abit softer). Forget about that it’s something that would resemble Ma Long’s tuned rubber. With Tau you may win the point with the huge spin produced, almost never with speed. Driving or smashing is a pretty frustrating task with Tau as with many china rubbers. And I couldn’t sense any factory tuning in Tau, neither by smell, nor by it’s playing capabilities. Overall I would say Tau is pretty crappy for its high price :-) Thanks for listening.

This is completely your opinion and not necessarily a fact. Tau is significantly faster than an untuned Hurricane neo. I would never claim it to be as fast as Chinese National Team rubbers but it's much faster away from the table than Hurricane by a large margin.

Keep in mind that, in regards to away from the table play, sure I would take Tenergy 64 or pretty much any other softer Eurojap rubber. There are many other faster Eurojap rubbers out there that play much better away from the table than Tau. However, when comparing untuned Chinese style rubbers, Tau plays away from the table much better without sacrificing close to the table performance.

Edited by GeneralSpecific - 07/24/2013 at 1:16am
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2013 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Klaus123 Klaus123 wrote:

Hi. Just a word on Tau. Tau is slow, hard, spinny, and has got an high arc, so there isn’t much difference to, for example, Hurricane III.

Yeah, that was before I tried Tau. It is slower than H3 neo. Similar to NEO tg2. Very tacky, and boosting does not help.

Edited by seguso - 07/24/2013 at 1:22am
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2013 at 5:57am
When are the release dates for Omega VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XV .... ?

99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic