Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xiom Omega V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 3:54am
OVT and OVP are spinny, stable tensors. They have some of the "dampening" feel in the sponge that first appeared (IMO) in Tenzone Ultra. As such, they feel less bouncy than Rasant/BF M/Evo, or less lively in the short game if you prefer. This makes them more linear than older tensors.

Rasant/BF M/Evo are last-gen, and so you would expect some differences. If you use the current-gen Rasant Grip then you'd see some of the same lack of bounciness, for example. But yes, overall OVT is slower than M1. For me, this is a major plus point because the short game is so solid with OVT/OVP. It is less demanding than M1, which is a balls-out full-on experience for me.

To call OVT or OVP "slow" is just crazy though. They're 47.5deg tensors. They have loads of power available, and OVP feels somewhat livelier than OVT due to the softer, more reactive topsheet. The only way you could compare to H3N is if there is heavy boosting going on.

OVE is bouncier, faster and lower throw if that's what anyone is looking for. Similar to JP02, but a bit faster.

If OVT isn't "enough" for anyone, OV Asia might be worth a shot. I'm still waiting for someone to try it now it's out.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Sponsored Links

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 5:28am
We have a test blade at the shop in Paris with OVE and T05, back to back. We have made several blind tests with our customers. So far, nobody could see the difference and also tell us right away which one was T05. 
So for those who still believe nothing will ever be like T05, please be prepare to change your mind....
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 6:37am
As usual i agree with Andy.

Omega V is really very good and controlled tensor.

It is superb rubber.
A guy from the club use it and he liked it very much.

1 big cons however is after 2 months rubbers tends to dried out.
And become with less speed and spin.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 6:49am
@ Jolan:
Do you really mean OVE ?
Most testers here compare T05 with OVP and describe OVE as more bouncy.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2014 at 11:23am
OV Asia is on offer at TT11 this week.

Come on. Someone give it a pop.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2014 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

@ Jolan:
Do you really mean OVE ?
Most testers here compare T05 with OVP and describe OVE as more bouncy.

Yes he means OVE. OVP is less spinny, has lower throw and has quite a hard sponge. OVE is clearly closer to T05. This is also the opinion of one of my team mmates who plays top 200 in France and has been playing with T05 both sides since it came out. OVE is not that bouncy, clearly less bouncy than Vega japan.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
BB-Big View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB-Big Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 8:33pm
Any review/opinions for the Omega V Asia, please.
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by BB-Big BB-Big wrote:

Any review/opinions for the Omega V Asia, please.

Excellent rubber. Hard sponge, same as Sigma 2 pro sponge (maybe also Omega 5 pro/tour sponge?). Extremely high grip and elastic topsheet. Medium-high to maybe high throw angle relatively and great at lifting heavy backspin. Capable of producing heavy topspin and sidespin on loops. A very crisp feeling to it. Excellent quality and arc on counterloops. Great for topspin drives. Not the best for flat hits (like Sigma 2 is). Capable of producing heavy spin on serves but can be a little springy. This means that when serving you really need to focus and be precise. If you focus and are precise on your serves then it's an excellent serving rubber. Everything I said above means it's also very sensitive to topspin so you really need to close the angle a lot. At the time of this writing the only thing that will make me change from this is if they make an Omega 6 Asia. This rubber fits my forehand perfectly. Any other questions please ask and I will be happy to help.

Edited by GeneralSpecific - 05/02/2015 at 1:54am
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
BB-Big View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB-Big Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Excellent rubber. Hard sponge, same as Sigma 2 pro sponge (maybe also Omega 5 pro/tour sponge?). Extremely high grip and elastic topsheet. High throw angle and great at lifting heavy backspin. Capable of producing heavy topspin and sidespin on loops. A very crisp feeling to it. Excellent quality and arc on counterloops. Great for topspin drives. Not the best for flat hits (like Sigma 2 is). Capable of producing heavy spin on serves but can be a little springy. This means that when serving you really need to focus and be precise. If you focus and are precise on your serves then it's an excellent serving rubber. Everything I said above means it's also very sensitive to topspin so you really need to close the angle a lot. At the time of this writing the only thing that will make me change from this is if they make an Omega 6 Asia. This rubber fits my forehand perfectly. Any other questions please ask and I will be happy to help.

Thanks for your interesting short reviews.

I like the feel of new generation xiom rubbers such as OVP, OVT and SIIE. Sigma II pro is also great on backhand but it's too heavy for me when pairing with OVT or OVP.
Did you weight it? How much weight of this new OVA?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 10:54pm
Sorry I have no idea what the weight is. I doubt it's any lighter than the other Omega 5 rubbers. I agree, Sigma 2 is an excellent backhand rubber. If I were using inverted rubber on my backhand it would be Sigma 2 Europe for sure.

Edited by GeneralSpecific - 04/13/2015 at 10:56pm
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2015 at 10:24pm
i use sigma II pro on BH. This 2 year old rubber still retains playable characteristics. stupidly durable.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2015 at 2:52pm
Hello friends, can you compare OVT with the speed monster from butterflay - t64. Thank you very much.
neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 9:18am
Hello friends. Looking here http://tt-maximum.com/forum/index.php?topic=4916.0
found that from all new rubbers (after about 2008 year) only donic baracuda and 
dhs tinarc 5 are closer to tenergy. I speeking about geometry of rubber. All 
others rubber have thick layer above pips and are much more hеavier than tenergy
rubbers!? When I play with tenergy 64, my racket is 180 grams. When I take ... for
example ... Rasant turbo or bluefire jp1 turbo and many more from the same range, my
racket is around 187 grams!? How is it possible to compare!? It's ridiculous!?
Why others brand produce so heavy rubbers?! Maybe because theesse rubbers are for 
amateyrs players and must be much more enduring and for that is so thicker this 
upper layer! Thanks.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 10:38am
Well if you want to compare rubber weight you should compare rubbers of same hardness. Rasant turbo and bluefire JP01 turbo are extremely hard tensor rubbers, harder than T05 and much harder than T64.

If you take T05 you will see it's heavier than T64 and if you take bluefire JP02 you will see it's less heavy than JP01 turbo.

JP02 for example is very comparable weight with T64 and lighter than T05.

So yes most new rubbers are getting heavier and heavier but the ones with similar hardness are not heavier than Tenergy.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 10:58am
Just get a heavier blade. Trust* me. it balances out very well. Can even add weight to the bottom of the blade to balance it out.

Edited by asifgunz - 05/21/2015 at 4:12pm

neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 3:38pm
Thanks friends. Why butterfly don't make extremaly hard rubbrs? Extremaly hard rubbers are so fast. I like the fastest one. But this weight confuse me. Have a good day friends.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2015 at 7:34pm
Xiom is known for its durability.. But that's mostly cuz their topsheets are'nt super elastic, so don't crack and chip easily compared to other brands but it loses the topsheets grip and sheen really early ( adidas p5 seemed to be the exact opposite) .Iv used sigma 2 Euro, Vega Japan and tried omega IV pro and V Euro. My question : does the same thing happen to omega V tour? ( cuz I kinda like my mx-p topsheet more than my friends omega V Euro topsheets)
Heard that the tour version plays like t05 with the P ball. Got a bit interested;)
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2015 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

But that's mostly cuz their topsheets are'nt super elastic

Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 12:34am

Heard that the tour version plays like t05 with the P ball. Got a bit interested;)

XOVT does not play like T05 with any ball.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 1:02am
The topsheet on my ovp has a slight discoloration spot . Been about 2 or so months now playing in humid conditions, sweat on fingertips and holding the blade a certain way to serve led my index finger towards the mid section.
But damn, it spins more than when I first got it. maybe its just me.

Personally I prefer s2p. Its the most durable I have found out of xiom rubbers. I know both omegav and oiv will give me 10 months easy.

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 2:52am

But that's mostly cuz their topsheets are'nt super elastic

lol. Their topsheets feel a bit stiff and look kinda matte compared to rubbers like mx-p, tenergy etc. :P
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 3:00am
sigma rubbers are indeed powerful for drives but not enough spin on loops I feel! And well Iv only tried two omega rubbers ( V Euro and IV pro). Andy and another forum member( can't recollect ) mentioned how oVt behaves with the plastic ball kinda how to5 was with the celluloid. I personally do like xiom, but Just wish their topsheets were spinner( for eg ..rubbers like adidas p5, p7, evo series etc) provide better mechanical spin with the topsheet while I need to hit through the sponge to get good spin on xiom rubbers.But yeah, xiom rubbers a re pretty easay to control compared to most other high end rubbers I must say.Sorry if I end up speaking a little gibberish at times! Not been to active here :P
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 3:40am

Just wish their topsheets were spinner( for eg ..rubbers like adidas p5, p7, evo series etc) provide better mechanical spin with the topsheet while I need to hit through the sponge to get good spin on xiom rubbers

Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 2:39pm
A lot of people who lack technique tend to blame the rubber for their own inability to impart spin.
I have NEVER had such an experience with a xiom rubber, to that of nv42.

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2015 at 1:50am
Xiom ov are very good but too heavy, v Europe already heavier than 05!
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2015 at 3:03am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

Xiom ov are very good but too heavy, v Europe already heavier than 05!

Do some push ups. A few grams wont kill you.

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2015 at 5:13am
Im not saying that xiom ain't spinny, just that I can impart more spin with the same action on a brushy stroke only involving the topsheet using something like an evo, 5q, baracuda, t05 etc, especially when theyr a few weeks old. A brand new xiom feels good though, but the topsheet slowly loses its shine and the easy spin in sometime. When you hit through the sponge I never found xiom to lack spin.
PS- I do really like the feel that the carbo sponge gives.
Welcome to corrections if I said something senseless lol
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2015 at 9:28am
Guys what's the hardness of OVA sponge? Is it more or less hard than MX-P?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2015 at 5:16pm
OVA has a sponge that's a little harder than MX-P. I'm not sure of the numbers exactly though.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2015 at 5:22pm

OVA has a sponge that's a little harder than MX-P. I'm not sure of the numbers exactly though.

Wow harder than MX-P, didn't see that one coming.

So would someone who likes soft to medium hard sponge not enjoy OVA? That being said would MX-P or EL-P be better for me than OVA?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic